Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start

pretty sure fluid build up and need for drainage is pretty common for a deep bone bruise...i doubt he can do any more damage other than just taking contact on a sore area by playing...

suit him up...i'd rather go down in flames with my true starter than pray that matt moore doesn't make some bone headed decisions for a second game in a row...odds on that happening do not seem good to me

I wasn't sure what other damage you can do. In my opinion, he'll take a mild local anesthetic and go lead our team if there is not a serious chance for structural damage from doing so (outside of sharp pain, in which case you can change back to Matt)

Didn't Moore win 6 of 9 games for us last year?

Sooooo many casual fans associate him with us losing the first 7, that was HENNE.

Plus, we just have a better team this year. The coaching is MUCH better, more stable.

So, does anyone else think we might see our former HC in the unemployement line very soon? :ponder:
If he won 6 of 9 he could probably be starting but yeah wth are you talking about.

I wasn't sure what other damage you can do. In my opinion, he'll take a mild local anesthetic and go lead our team if there is not a serious chance for structural damage from doing so (outside of sharp pain, in which case you can change back to Matt)

i don't think with a bone bruise there's anything else to worry about...but if he say takes a helmet or knee to that area i'm sure the soreness then would be unbearable in the short term...thus have the guy wear some armor on the area etc and run the ball anyways to protect him as much as possible against that awful colts run d...i'd jam it down their freakin throats this week and take shots off pa once in while once those safeties suck up

Have to agree with this. It sounds a little suspcious to have your knee drained from a sprain. Sprains dont usually create excessive fluid around tha joints that need to be drained.

This is not true.
Even minor injuries can cause a joint to have an effusion.

The one caveat is that if the effusion continues to re-accumulate despite repeated drainings it may not make sense to play him because it will unnecessarily limit him.

This is not true.
Even minor injuries can cause a joint to have an effusion.

The one caveat is that if the effusion continues to re-accumulate despite repeated drainings it may not make sense to play him because it will unnecessarily limit him.

Word

I think I'd rather have him sit and not make matters worse medically and heal till he's 100% to ensure he's our future for a long long time. Moore is more than capable to give us a couple wins.

I've said from the start that I didn't think Tanny would play and I still don't believe he will. For people to want to rush him back is nuts. Moore is not as good as Tanny but we have a chance to win with him this sunday. Tanny should rest and get ready for the next game.

Ozzy rules!!

What some of you are missing is that this will be a defining moment game for Ryan Tannehill.

RG3's brain swelled and he played a week later.

No way a swollen knee keeps our franchise QB out of this game. It means too much to him!

The source BSPN is using from our beat writers FYI.

Ben Volin >Jason Cole and it's not close

So BSPN is a secondary source and they are reporting something different than the #1 source. Its like one of those , whisper something in your ear, they whisper into the next ear, and so on, and see if the message gets distorted, games.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Have to agree with this. It sounds a little suspcious to have your knee drained from a sprain. Sprains dont usually create excessive fluid around tha joints that need to be drained.

All injuries cause fluid, even the most minor, but how much fluid is the question. Even pimples cause fluid.

Tannehill is starting unless he experiences a setback before Sunday. If there was any doubt he wouldn't be practicing, especially with 1st team.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

He won 6 of 12. Matt Moore's first start was week four against the Chargers. Henne went down in week three.

Soooo many casual fans don't know what the hell they're talking about.

No, Henne started the Chargers game and was knocked out. Moore took over then but didn't start until the after the bye vs the Jets. Those casual fans again!

I want Tanny to start, but I think he could rest as I feel that our o-line will dominate them. Reggie is going for 175, DT will scamper for 80 and the Colts will go down.

The more I thought about this situation..if RT is able to play to compete, he needs to go. This season is about his development and him overcoming something like this is a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom