Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start

Agreed.. Definitely sit him. We dont want to see him aggravating it.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I would believe our own beat writers over BSPN. The beat writers are there, BSPN isnt. Plus, its BSPN, the worst NFL reporting outlet.
The source BSPN is using from our beat writers FYI.

Ben Volin >Jason Cole and it's not close

Meh, I'll just trust in what Philbin decides to do, unlike Sparano. As Vaark pointed out, Sparano would have him play either way and likely would have put him back in for the second half last week, regardless.

He's playing. Tannehill said he could have come back in the game against the Jets. This is a road game and it's no given, we need all hands on deck from here on out.

I trust in this coaching team to do whats right.

I personally think he plays. QB's play through injuries consistently, its part of their responsibility as the face of the franchise. He's training, taking snaps and on video looks okay. I'll be shocked if he doesnt play, at least start. Its all about giving us the opportunity to win this game and I think Tannehill gives us that.

Didn't Moore win 6 of 9 games for us last year?

Sooooo many casual fans associate him with us losing the first 7, that was HENNE.

Plus, we just have a better team this year. The coaching is MUCH better, more stable.

So, does anyone else think we might see our former HC in the unemployement line very soon? :ponder:

First it's reported that he took all first-team snaps today, then shortly afterwards, we hear he had his knee drained twice and is 50/50 to play? Yeah, that sounds like Philbin messing with the Colts to me. He is make them prep for both QBs. I have zero doubt that Tannehill plays Sunday...

Have to agree with this. It sounds a little suspcious to have your knee drained from a sprain. Sprains dont usually create excessive fluid around tha joints that need to be drained.

Simply having a knee drained is not that big a deal. Though I would be curious to see what the fluid was(i.e. if it was bloody fluid which could mean there was more trauma than initially anticipated).

Knees can swell after minimal trauma. It is kind of the body's over reaction to things.

Like I said before the decision shouldn't come down to a safety/precaution issue but an effectiveness issue.
Will knee pain and some mild swelling limit Ryan from doing all the things he needs to do to protect himself and perform.

true, i can say this is correct. any significant injury is going to cause inflammation which increases capillary permeability. this allows more intravascular fluid to accumulate in the tissues at the site of damage causing edema, which may or may not needed to be drained in his case. so likely not that big of a deal.

Didn't Moore win 6 of 9 games for us last year?

Sooooo many casual fans associate him with us losing the first 7, that was HENNE.

Plus, we just have a better team this year. The coaching is MUCH better, more stable.

So, does anyone else think we might see our former HC in the unemployement line very soon? :ponder:

He won 6 of 12. Matt Moore's first start was week four against the Chargers. Henne went down in week three.

Soooo many casual fans don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Yea... he needs to play. I mean, not if he's in real pain, but he is our starter, and he needs to be on the field. Moore did well filling in but he isn't our starter.

This is crazy. The hit did not look serious at all. I didn't even see where it was twisted. He was riding the bike the second half and honeslty looked like he was hamming up the limp.

pretty sure fluid build up and need for drainage is pretty common for a deep bone bruise...i doubt he can do any more damage other than just taking contact on a sore area by playing...

suit him up...i'd rather go down in flames with my true starter than pray that matt moore doesn't make some bone headed decisions for a second game in a row...odds on that happening do not seem good to me

He won 6 of 12. Matt Moore's first start was week four against the Chargers. Henne went down in week three.

Soooo many casual fans don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Yeah that's frustrating. I love Matt Moore and what he's done for us. But you can't just "throw out" the first games of the season.

Week 4 in Relief of Henne: 17/26 for 167 yards - 0TD 1INT - 67.3 Rating
Week 6 as Starter: 16/34 for 204 Yards - 0TD 2INT - 41.8 Rating
Week 7 as Starter: 22/33 for 197 Yards - 1TD 0INT - 92.6 Rating
Week 8 as Starter: 13/22 for 138 Yards - 0TD 1INT - 58.5 Rating

Do you know what the common thread to those games was? We LOST, and Matt Moore was our starter (once in relief of injured robot)

Again, I love Matt Moore, and he has clearly developed chemistry with the Dolphins. But he is prone to turnovers, there is no question. He seems to be either incredible, or putrid. If you look at some of his other games, you'll see some stellar ratings later in the year like 133 and 147.5 (with two 60 somethings mixed in, one of which was a win against the Jets to end the year)

I'm anything but a negative person, and I agree that we should sit Ryan. It also looks like Matt is more comfortable in this offense, but please don't throw out the losses and why they happened without counting the inefficiency in the passing game, despite a "#1" who was a bit off his rocker (but a #1 nonetheless). I trust what the coaching staff decides here, because rarely do you hear a QB sit out because of a deep bruise (although it can be incredibly painful).

Back
Top Bottom