Jason Kidd to Lakers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
i heard farmar would be ibvolved but itd make no sense

Actually, it makes sense for both sides. The Nets are going no where and need to shed salary. Trading both Carter and Kidd gives them wriggle room for the offseason. They have that rookie PG who is playing pretty good recently and giving him the reigns til the end of the season should help in his learning process for next year. Kwame, when healthy, is a defensive force and still young and would fit in with the rebuilding process New Jersey is going for.

For the Lakers, Kidd comes in and has Kobe, Lamar Bynum and Walton to dish the rock to for a starting lineup. Kidd and Kobe would be the most talented backcourt in a long time.

More than likely it doesn't happen, but the rumors are starting to build steam. I just read another article about this too.

Actually, it makes sense for both sides. The Nets are going no where and need to shed salary. Trading both Carter and Kidd gives them wriggle room for the offseason. They have that rookie PG who is playing pretty good recently and giving him the reigns til the end of the season should help in his learning process for next year. Kwame, when healthy, is a defensive force and still young and would fit in with the rebuilding process New Jersey is going for.

For the Lakers, Kidd comes in and has Kobe, Lamar Bynum and Walton to dish the rock to for a starting lineup. Kidd and Kobe would be the most talented backcourt in a long time.

More than likely it doesn't happen, but the rumors are starting to build steam. I just read another article about this too.
why would the nets want marcus williams and jordan farmar, thats the part that doesnt make sense to me....they should try and get lakers first rounder

Oh I think it is a given that the Lakers would be sending over draft picks. Farmar and Williams would be a great tandem for the Nets. You don't lose much imo, when you bring Farmar off the bench if you are New Jersey.

If J-Kidd comes i smell CHAMPS AGAIN!

Maybe not this year, but he certainly puts them in a position NEXT year to do some damage. Once he is able to learn the Triangle offense and Bynum is finally NOT a teenager, this team should be amped and ready to make another run.

This would help the Lakers alot but I still don't see them coming out of the West even with Kidd!

They would need to sign a player to be either veteran PF or the SF. In fact the role that Kidd would play would essentially be replacing that of the point forward (Walton, sometimes Odom). The Smush Parker role could then be filled by Maurice Evans who can hit from three in the corners. On defense the backcourt would play great at all three positions, decent at the 4 with Odom and solid at the 5 with Bynum soon.

kidd aint getting younger

He may not be getting any younger, but he seems to be getting better.

His shooting % is at the seocnd highest of his career. Just under his all time high in 98-99. His APG are higher than they have been in the past three years and his scoring is still over 14 ppg. He also is averaging a career high in rebounds at 8 per game.

Sure his is going on 34, but he is still one of the best point guards in the league and would be a boon for the Lakers for a ocuple of years. He certainly isn't a long term answer.

Also, he would be taking the ball out of Lamar's hands to be the distributor and speed the tempo of the Laker's offense up. I could see Bynum being the biggest beneficiary of Kidd coming to L.A.

They would need to sign a player to be either veteran PF or the SF. In fact the role that Kidd would play would essentially be replacing that of the point forward (Walton, sometimes Odom). The Smush Parker role could then be filled by Maurice Evans who can hit from three in the corners. On defense the backcourt would play great at all three positions, decent at the 4 with Odom and solid at the 5 with Bynum soon.

Why would they need to sign another PF/SF? Odom can play both roles as can Luke. Plus, they would still have Turiaf, Cook, and Radmanovich. All, with the exception of Turiaf can hit from anywhere on the court and Odom, Walton and Turiaf can rebound inside, as can Kidd.

Don't forget that Jason Collins probably ocmes with Kidd to make things work under the salary cap.

If Mihm's rumored return happens in April, they very well could be set inside with Mihm/Bynum/Collins/Turiaf. Odom/Cook/Walton and Radman can play various minutes at the 4 if need be.

That'd be an incredible trade for the Lakers, and personally, I'd love to see it. Honestly, I miss watching Kobe at least making it to the conference finals. Along with Wade, I can't think of a more exciting player to watch in the playoffs. Kobe Bryant made the first round fun to watch last year. I'm also a huge Odom fan, so I'd just really like to see the Lakers do some damage out West.

G - Kidd
G - Bryant
F - Walton
F - Odom
C - Bynum

^Line-up can REALLY cause damage.

yep heard this about a week ago it may go down like this Farmar, Mihm, Kwame, Mckie.

That'd be an incredible trade for the Lakers, and personally, I'd love to see it. Honestly, I miss watching Kobe at least making it to the conference finals. Along with Wade, I can't think of a more exciting player to watch in the playoffs. Kobe Bryant made the first round fun to watch last year. I'm also a huge Odom fan, so I'd just really like to see the Lakers do some damage out West.

G - Kidd
G - Bryant
F - Walton
F - Odom
C - Bynum

^Line-up can REALLY cause damage.
that would be a sick lineup

Back
Top Bottom