Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

Mihm is part of the trade and as a Laker I would think you know how absolutely putrid Radmanovic and Cook are on defense.

Cook is god awful, and Radman isn't much better, you are right there, but Turiaf can play defense as can Bynum. Odom can play the PF spot as well and get hold his own. I don't know much about Jason Collins, but I assume he comes over with Kidd. If he can play any type of defense, I think L.A. takes their chances this year and sets themselves up for a big who can play defense in the offseason with the MLE.

:( I sure hope not, he's one of my all-time favorite players and I'd hate to see him in a Laker uniform next to Kobe.

Brian Grant isn't on the Lakers. In fact, he hasn't been on the Lakers for almost two years now. The Lakers took advantage of the one time exception to cut a player without having to pay the luxury tax when the new CBA came out a few years back. I think Grant is somewhere deep on Pheonix's bench the last time I saw him.

Furthermore, Vescey was dead on about Iverson going to the Nuggets, Kwame Brown to the Lakers and a couple of other fairly recent trades.

ARGH! You're right. That's what I get from using the hoopshype cap page to calculate possible deals. I assumed he was just buried on the bench and they were letting his contract run out. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Well then, now Brown makes some more sense.

Nets GM Rod Thorn said he will operate as he normally does as the deadline nears. He's listening to all offers and isn't ruling anything out. But he likely would have to be blown away by an offer in order to pull the trigger on a deal that would send either Vince Carter or Jason Kidd packing. One local report yesterday suggested the Nets and Lakers are mulling a deal that would send Kidd to L.A. in exchange for a package of young players. But Kidd's name coming up in talks between the teams doesn't mean anything is imminent. Like Carter, Kidd's name is often mentioned in talks because he's a player teams would love to have.

Good, sounds like a weak rumor at this point.

Dude, I live 20 minutes from where they play, I know two people that work for them, they will dump Carter, Kidd they want to keep. They will only Trade Kid if they are blown away with an offer. But they want Kidd for the reasons I stated above and to keep developing Williams (and they work on and off the court together with Kidd helping him big time).
I'm just going on what I read on MSN,but Williams is coming along nicely so far.

Brian Grant isn't on the Lakers. In fact, he hasn't been on the Lakers for almost two years now. The Lakers took advantage of the one time exception to cut a player without having to pay the luxury tax when the new CBA came out a few years back. I think Grant is somewhere deep on Pheonix's bench the last time I saw him.

Furthermore, Vescey was dead on about Iverson going to the Nuggets, Kwame Brown to the Lakers and a couple of other fairly recent trades.
Grant retired, he was traded to Boston, and just decided to retire.

Nets GM Rod Thorn said he will operate as he normally does as the deadline nears. He's listening to all offers and isn't ruling anything out. But he likely would have to be blown away by an offer in order to pull the trigger on a deal that would send either Vince Carter or Jason Kidd packing. One local report yesterday suggested the Nets and Lakers are mulling a deal that would send Kidd to L.A. in exchange for a package of young players. But Kidd's name coming up in talks between the teams doesn't mean anything is imminent. Like Carter, Kidd's name is often mentioned in talks because he's a player teams would love to have.

Good, sounds like a weak rumor at this point.

Posturing on Rod's part. He knows that Carter walks at the end of this season for nothing if he doesn't trade him. Plus, even if Carter does walk, they won't be under the Salaary cap at all or by very little. In other words, they won't be able to do anything at all to sign anyone. He needs to move both in order to free up Williams and get money available to spend next year.

The fact that he is acknowledging the rumors and not ruling them out completely suggests teams are talking and something is brewing.

Easy now..

We'll be back soon with Oden or Durant.
You do have to admit though, the Celtics have been "rebuilding" for way too long. There comes a point where maybe more then just the players have to be changed, and I'm talking about higher up than Coach.

oh and BTW...cant you be stoned to death in Boston for being a Dolphins fan?

Same as in Buffalo or New York. I did it once when I was a little kid, but wouldn't do it again.

Easy now..

We'll be back soon with Oden or Durant.

Just so we are clear, I am NOT a Celtics hater. I am a Laker fan though and would want nothing greater than to see both teams climb back to the top and face each other in the finals again. Of course, L.A. would win...but Boston isn't bad for second place imo. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom