Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

You do have to admit though, the Celtics have been "rebuilding" for way too long. There comes a point where maybe more then just the players have to be changed, and I'm talking about higher up than Coach.

I agree, but its difficult to get on management (specifically Ainge) at this point. He's brought in a ton of youngsters with incredible amounts of potential. Jefferson, Allen, Green, Rondo, West, Gomes.. the list goes on and on.

Maybe in a few years we'll be able to look back at Ainge and say his tenure here was a disaster, but at this point the guys are too young to even determine a known quantity. I don't think Ainge, or anyone else for that matter, knows what they have in this squad at this point.

I don't think you can blame Ainge for the mess because he brought in a bunch of talented guys, its not his fault Doc Rivers is the worst active coach in the NBA.

One local report yesterday suggested the Nets and Lakers are mulling a deal that would send Jason Kidd to L.A. in exchange for a package of young players. But Kidd's name coming up in talks between the teams doesn't mean anything is imminent.
-- New York Daily News

I would advise people to be more wary of Eric Pincus's pieces. He follows the Lakers fairly well, but most of his info comes from outside sources (in this case, Vescey) and he often predicts things based off internet chatter only to have to come back and say something fell through. For instance, he had Garnett going to the Lakers this past offseason, he had the Pacers and Lakers swapping first round picks and Bender last offseason. (Meanwhile both teams did nothing of the sort and L.A. picked Bynum who they had targeted all along if you choose to believe their GM).

So, I guess hwat I am saying is...I don't know what I am saying. :lol:

Here are some quotes from the local paper today.

You don't trade one of the great point guards in NBA history for garbage, not when he saved the franchise from Stephon Marbury and a long tradition of whoop-de-damn-do

"I wouldn't trade either Kidd or Carter right now if I were them," said one Eastern Conference executive. "They're not going to get anything worthwhile in return, and they'd basically be giving up on the season if they do that."

Thorn is no dummy; he's proven as much in the deals that landed Kidd and Carter. The Nets' president knows if he ships Kidd to the Lakers for the expiring contracts and uninspiring bums they're reportedly willing
to ship back, he'll be tarred and feathered in the court of public opinion. If the Lakers want to talk about Andrew Bynum, the 7-foot-1 kid out of St. Joseph of Metuchen, then Thorn will move Kidd and happily hand Marcus Williams the ball.

The Lakers are saying Bynum is untouchable, so that ends that. Thorn isn't about to watch Kidd and Kobe Bryant win a championship or two while he's trying to sell future salary-cap relief to the people of New Jersey, fans who will realize the cap relief won't matter until the Nets hit Brooklyn.

The trade that should happen involves Jefferson, on draft night or beyond. The Nets should do what they can this year, keep Kidd and Carter together for the balance of their primes and then try to win a title with the returning Nenad Krstic and the frontcourt help they'd get for Jefferson.
It's not a perfect game plan for a parade. But between here and Brooklyn, it's the best available option on the board.

Well, Ric Bucher said on ESPN that the deal happens if L.A. agrees to take Jason Collins (and his bad contract) back to L.a with Kidd. L.A. is apparently hesitant to bring back Collins and is looking for a third team to get involved.

However, the chatter is still there and Kidd is certainly on the block. The fact that his "back" is flaring up and he is sitting out adds more fuel to the fire. He is probably pulling himself out, or the team is to make sure he doesn't get injured.

Other rumors have the trade as follows:

L.A. gets: Jason Kidd
2007 second rounder

NJ gets: Kwame Brown
Aaron McKie
Jordan Farmar (the talent they want truly)
Chris Mihm
Shammond Williams
2007 first rounder

McKie, Mihm come off the books after the season as does Williams. Brown has one more year left after that and Farmar is a young talented PG that can compliment their rookie for years to come. Furthermore, they get much needed cap space because they will end up trading Carter as well for expiring contracts.

Bucher also said L.A. is interested in Mike Bibby, but I doubt anything ocmes of that.

Well, Ric Bucher said on ESPN that the deal happens if L.A. agrees to take Jason Collins (and his bad contract) back to L.a with Kidd. L.A. is apparently hesitant to bring back Collins and is looking for a third team to get involved.

However, the chatter is still there and Kidd is certainly on the block. The fact that his "back" is flaring up and he is sitting out adds more fuel to the fire. He is probably pulling himself out, or the team is to make sure he doesn't get injured.

Other rumors have the trade as follows:

L.A. gets: Jason Kidd
2007 second rounder

NJ gets: Kwame Brown
Aaron McKie
Jordan Farmar (the talent they want truly)
Chris Mihm
Shammond Williams
2007 first rounder

McKie, Mihm come off the books after the season as does Williams. Brown has one more year left after that and Farmar is a young talented PG that can compliment their rookie for years to come. Furthermore, they get much needed cap space because they will end up trading Carter as well for expiring contracts.

Bucher also said L.A. is interested in Mike Bibby, but I doubt anything ocmes of that.

Never happen without Andrew Bynum

Never happen without Andrew Bynum

We'll see. Bynum is going absolutely no where. Kidd is going to be moved. Whether it is to L.A. or somewhere else. the Nets basically do not have a choice. Carter and Kidd have to go in order for this team to do anything over the next five years.
Carter can walk at the end of the year, but they get no real relief unless both go.

Andrew Bynum's name isn't even in the discussions.

I think NJ knows that. However, if I was Thorn, I would ask for Kobe and Bynum in return. Even though you know the answer, you still have to ask i.

Back
Top Bottom