Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

That'd be an incredible trade for the Lakers, and personally, I'd love to see it. Honestly, I miss watching Kobe at least making it to the conference finals. Along with Wade, I can't think of a more exciting player to watch in the playoffs. Kobe Bryant made the first round fun to watch last year. I'm also a huge Odom fan, so I'd just really like to see the Lakers do some damage out West.

G - Kidd
G - Bryant
F - Walton
F - Odom
C - Bynum

^Line-up can REALLY cause damage.

Bench:
G/F - Evans
PF/C - Turiaf
PG - Parker
PF - Cook
C- Collins
PF - Radmanavich
G - Penny Hardaway? (another constant rumor which makes sense since they would have to fill roster spots)

heard about penny too comming to the lakers if there is open spot.

I forgot that the rumor doesn't even include Smush. Damn.

& yeah, Penny is a long time Kobe supporter and they eventually became friends. I think that it'll happen eventually, probably sometime after the trade deadline when the Lakers have a better idea of where they are as a team. Penny wanted to play in LA for years now..........

That'd be interesting. I'd love to see J-Kidd have the chance to contend again.

Id expect the NJ firesale to start any day now from all things I have read.

I think only Jefferson is safe.

Id expect the NJ firesale to start any day now from all things I have read.

I think only Jefferson is safe.

Marcus Williams is definitely safe. If he becomes available, I'd kill for my team to get him.

I think New Jersey should try to build around Williams, Jefferson, & Krstic by getting younger players + draft choices for Kidd and Vince Carter. Antoine Wright doesn't look like a bad prospect at all, either.

I meant out of the "big players" Carter, Kidd, Jefferson........that Jefferson is the only one who is safe.

I didn't mean out of the whole roster. Just the "big" guys

Why would they need to sign another PF/SF? Odom can play both roles as can Luke. Plus, they would still have Turiaf, Cook, and Radmanovich. All, with the exception of Turiaf can hit from anywhere on the court and Odom, Walton and Turiaf can rebound inside, as can Kidd.

Don't forget that Jason Collins probably ocmes with Kidd to make things work under the salary cap.

If Mihm's rumored return happens in April, they very well could be set inside with Mihm/Bynum/Collins/Turiaf. Odom/Cook/Walton and Radman can play various minutes at the 4 if need be.

Mihm is part of the trade and as a Laker I would think you know how absolutely putrid Radmanovic and Cook are on defense.

I meant out of the "big players" Carter, Kidd, Jefferson........that Jefferson is the only one who is safe.

I didn't mean out of the whole roster. Just the "big" guys

Gotcha..........

Should be interesting, though chances are, the likelihood of this happening are very slim. I don't expect any big trades to happen by the time the trade deadline comes along.

Carter will be traded, Kidd will not be traded.

They want Kidd to be on this team until he retires, they want him as the selling point when they move into Brooklyn.

All things I have saw in the papers and heard from people I know that work for the team is Carter is the only big name they would trade, unless someone blows there doors off.

Carter will be traded, Kidd will not be traded.

They want Kidd to be on this team until he retires, they want him as the selling point when they move into Brooklyn.

All things I have saw in the papers and heard from people I know that work for the team is Carter is the only big name they would trade, unless someone blows there doors off.
Thats not the rumor bro,seems peeps have been calling tryiing to get Carter and the Nets have more then once said Kidd was available.

Sloooooooow down, folks.

This is a Peter Vescey rumor. Any long-time basketball fan can tell you that Vescey is notoriously inaccurate with his rumors and has pulled something directly out of his alimentary canal more than once.

This article seems to point to a Kidd to LA deal being more smoke than fire: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/496850p-418755c.html

Here's a thought: if the Lakers really wanted Kidd, and the Nets really wanted cap space and a couple picks, why not just swap Brian Grant and Aaron McKie (a little over $18M in expiring contracts) plus some first rounders? That's part of why I don't really get Vescey's rumor; the inclusion of Kwame Brown (who has another year left on his deal) doesn't help the Nets' cap situation nearly as much as Grant would. And one assumes that for a superstar point guard, the Nets would insist on serious cap relief, at the very least.

Thats not the rumor bro,seems peeps have been calling tryiing to get Carter and the Nets have more then once said Kidd was available.

Dude, I live 20 minutes from where they play, I know two people that work for them, they will dump Carter, Kidd they want to keep. They will only Trade Kid if they are blown away with an offer. But they want Kidd for the reasons I stated above and to keep developing Williams (and they work on and off the court together with Kidd helping him big time).

Sloooooooow down, folks.

This is a Peter Vescey rumor. Any long-time basketball fan can tell you that Vescey is notoriously inaccurate with his rumors and has pulled something directly out of his alimentary canal more than once.

This article seems to point to a Kidd to LA deal being more smoke than fire: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/496850p-418755c.html

Here's a thought: if the Lakers really wanted Kidd, and the Nets really wanted cap space and a couple picks, why not just swap Brian Grant and Aaron McKie (a little over $18M in expiring contracts) plus some first rounders? That's part of why I don't really get Vescey's rumor; the inclusion of Kwame Brown (who has another year left on his deal) doesn't help the Nets' cap situation nearly as much as Grant would. And one assumes that for a superstar point guard, the Nets would insist on serious cap relief, at the very least.

Brian Grant isn't on the Lakers. In fact, he hasn't been on the Lakers for almost two years now. The Lakers took advantage of the one time exception to cut a player without having to pay the luxury tax when the new CBA came out a few years back. I think Grant is somewhere deep on Pheonix's bench the last time I saw him.

Furthermore, Vescey was dead on about Iverson going to the Nuggets, Kwame Brown to the Lakers and a couple of other fairly recent trades.

Back
Top Bottom