Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

Rod Thorn is a great GM and whatever he does I am sure will be the best move for that team.

Based on what?

The guy gets all these accolades for nothing.

Anybody with eyes can see that the last three years...the elite teams in the East are the Pistons and Heat. Both teams have a rebounding edge that translates into the Heat beating them 4-0 and 4-1 in the playoffs. yet they do nothing to address it.

Based on what?

The guy gets all these accolades for nothing.

Anybody with eyes can see that the last three years...the elite teams in the East are the Pistons and Heat. Both teams have a rebounding edge that translates into the Heat beating them 4-0 and 4-1 in the playoffs. yet they do nothing to address it.

I think his hands have been tied some by Ratner and this move to Brooklyn.

I love the fact that ferret is so much more enlightened than everyone else. Oh please oh wise one, please tell us how much more wise you are. Afterall, apparently you aren't on the same message board responding to over and over to some "lame rumor" that you know for a fact to be false and have no merit at all. :rolleyes: Please get off your high horse...or ferret or whatever you are on and quit taking yourself so seriously.

www.realgm.com has a nice trade checker there to make sure that trades, will in fact, work under the cap. I am well aware of the cap rules in the NBA.

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. I can't remember whose comment that was for, but I didn't mean to bash you.

As for the Vecsey comment, I normally would agree with you, but the man has been spot on in recent months.

Even a blind squirrel can bust a nut sometimes, or however that goes.

In any event, I remain ultra-skeptical about this Kidd to LA thing. If it happens, great for the Lakers. But it just doesn't make sense for the Nets. Some cap room over the next two years for one of the few legit point guards in the NBA who can still run an offense at an extremely high level and contribute at both ends? Heck, at least the Nuggets got a decent player in Andre Miller when they shipped out Iverson for salary cap space. The Nets, if the rumors are true, are getting trash, junk and crap. I just can't believe Rod Thorn is that dumb, no matter how overrated he may be.

Its funny how its 70% say it will happen out of NJ, yet all the writers here say very unlikely.

When everyone is healthy, the Nets still don't have a crying chance in the East.

Why wouldn't you want to start fresh and build around Marcus?

When everyone is healthy, the Nets still don't have a crying chance in the East.

Why wouldn't you want to start fresh and build around Marcus?

:lol: You don't watch the Nets much do you, 2/3rds of the lineup is out!

They are one solid big man away.

:lol: You don't watch the Nets much do you, 2/3rds of the lineup is out!

They are one solid big man away.

How are they gonna get that bigman? If you keep kidd and VC u dont have cap room and if you trade one or both of them then your more then a bigman away.

Richard Jefferson also makes like 16 million a year or something! Like Nets need to get rid of someone and I think they should get rid of Vince in exchange for something solid in return!

At this point, it is looking less likely to happen. All the supposed pieces are playing in their respective games tonight (with the exception of the injured Laker players). I highly doubt they would allow them to play tonight, if a deal was to happen before the deadline.

There is still time though, so you never know. I really think the Nets are making a mistake here. Even if they don't trade Kidd to the Lakers, they still need to shed the salaries of both he and Carter in order to make way for their future. It is better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late.

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. I can't remember whose comment that was for, but I didn't mean to bash you.

Even a blind squirrel can bust a nut sometimes, or however that goes.

In any event, I remain ultra-skeptical about this Kidd to LA thing. If it happens, great for the Lakers. But it just doesn't make sense for the Nets. Some cap room over the next two years for one of the few legit point guards in the NBA who can still run an offense at an extremely high level and contribute at both ends? Heck, at least the Nuggets got a decent player in Andre Miller when they shipped out Iverson for salary cap space. The Nets, if the rumors are true, are getting trash, junk and crap. I just can't believe Rod Thorn is that dumb, no matter how overrated he may be.

No worries mate. You and NJ are actually fun and reasonable to talk to with opposing viewpoints. :cooldude:

If the Lakers aren't parting with Odom or Bynum, I don't understand why the Nets would be even remotely interested. IMO Walton, Farmar, draft picks, and anyone else on the roster isn't enough for the Nets to give up Kidd. Unless this is strictly a salary cap dump (which it may be) I can't see what the Nets will be getting out of a trade to the Lakers!

If the Lakers aren't parting with Odom or Bynum, I don't understand why the Nets would be even remotely interested. IMO Walton, Farmar, draft picks, and anyone else on the roster isn't enough for the Nets to give up Kidd. Unless this is strictly a salary cap dump (which it may be) I can't see what the Nets will be getting out of a trade to the Lakers!

Who said anything about Walton? Frankly, I would give up Odom before Walton. Luke is very unique in that he probably doesn't contribute nearly as much on in any other system but the triangle. It really is the best system to utuilize his strengths and cover his weaknesses.

If I was a Nets fan, I wouldn't want Walton, but as a Lakers fan, I want him nowhere else.

Back
Top Bottom