Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

That why I said Bynum for Kidd is not a equal deal. Sincethe Lakers had serious discussion on making a trade something will happen with this roster. The Lakers I think will move Bynum in the offseason but it wont be for Kidd I think it will be for Garnett. Portland never knew Jermain Oneal was going to be that good, that why they gave him up for chump change old *** Dale Davis.

HOW are you gonna pull that deal without including Odom? it doesn't work Amars.

HOW are you gonna pull that deal without including Odom? it doesn't work Amars.

I hate to say this but I wouldnt oppose in packaging Odom and Bynum together. If you look at the past 3 lakers championship they had Shaq and Kobe and a bunch of shooters. Teams had to double team Shaq and Kobe which left the shooter open. I see the same thing happening with Garnett on the team. One thing the lakers have is shooters on the team.

I hate to say this but I wouldnt oppose in packaging Odom and Bynum together. If you look at the past 3 lakers championship they had Shaq and Kobe and a bunch of shooters. Teams had to double team Shaq and Kobe which left the shooter open. I see the same thing happening with Garnett on the team. One thing the lakers have is shooters on the team.

I would be tempted. I agree.

You could have had Kidd for that!!:lol:

That would be a tempting deal.

You could have had Kidd for that!!:lol:

That would be a tempting deal.

Nah 34yr old Kidd with 40mill over 2 years for Bynum straight up. Never will see that. Well the Nets better keep Kidd and his salary over the next 2yrs because they arent getting anything worth talking about now for him.

It has to be for Garnett.

Bynum when he doesn't foul out puts up very solid center numbers. He'll never be the best center by far, but finding a what 21 year old center in two years (when he reaches basically a gradual improvement stage) who's among the very best in the league? That's hard...

Among the guys who are pure centers right now

1- Ming
2- Duncan
3- Howard

Will likely always be better

From then on out Bynum has room to become a top 5 center. I mean he can still put on 15 lbs of muscle, improve his post moves, and help defense.

He's going to put up a good 10-11 pg without a doubt in my mind by the end of the year.

There's no reason why he can't put up 15 ppg, 9.5 rebounds, and 2 blocks per night in two years. That's VERY RARE.

As for Mihm he'll be re-signed. The Lakers will look to find a real power forward with an Odom+Brown package (take in 20-25m in contracts if need be) or a point guard.

So essentially they could take Jermaine O'Neal if he demands a trade and a high priced veteran at the same time.

Kidd almost has a triple/double already tonight!

18 points 7 rebounds and 6 assists at the half.

Problem is, this deal wasn't helping them THAT much with the cap. They would have gotten Kwame Brown's deal, which wouldn't come off the cap until next year. If the Nets had gotten a bunch of stuff to come off the cap after this year, it would have made more sense. As it is, they would have gotten marginal cap relief and nothing else. I don't blame the Nets for holding out for Bynum. If you're trading a Hall of Fame point guard with plenty left in the tank, you'd better get more than some distant cap relief.

Thorn played it the right way. Trading Kidd for what the Lakers were apparently offering was a sucker move; he'd have been trading a dollar for a quarter and two dimes.

While Kwame's contract would still be one the books, you have to remember that he would be a valuable trading piece next year as well. Much moreso than Kidd at that point. A 25 year old center who plays fantastic defense and rebounds would fetch far more than an oft-injured aging point guard. Bigs are always going to demand more than guards if the talent level is anywhere near close. At this point, Kwame's talent is in the same ballpark as Kidd's when you factor age and impact of position.

That is why it hurts the Nets. Because when they try to trade Kidd in the offseason or at the dealdine next year, the offers they get will be even lower than what L.A. offered this time.

But that is fine. New Jersey obviously feels they have what it takes now to be competitive or to fix their roster, so more power to them.

I don't think Bynum gets traded for Garnett either. Kupchak has pretty much hitched his whole regime as GM to this kid, he won't let him go for anyone short of say, LeBron, Wade or players of that ilk. That is never going to happen so Bynum stays in L.A.

Remember, the kid is 19. He is going to put on more than 15 pounds of weight. By the time he is 21-22, I expect him to fill out even more and have even more of a presence in the paint on offense.

As for Odom, I think he will be traded. Phil Jackson has even recently stated how Odom has hurt the second unit (where hs is the only starter out there) and how he has a hard time utilizing the trianlge because he likes to drive with the ball as opposed to finding his spot and shooting (which is what the trianlge offense calls for).

All that combined with the fact that he could be so much more with another team means he will be the center of a trade package during the offseason imo.

I don't think Bynum gets traded for Garnett either. Kupchak has pretty much hitched his whole regime as GM to this kid, he won't let him go for anyone short of say, LeBron, Wade or players of that ilk. That is never going to happen so Bynum stays in L.A.

Remember, the kid is 19. He is going to put on more than 15 pounds of weight. By the time he is 21-22, I expect him to fill out even more and have even more of a presence in the paint on offense.

As for Odom, I think he will be traded. Phil Jackson has even recently stated how Odom has hurt the second unit (where hs is the only starter out there) and how he has a hard time utilizing the trianlge because he likes to drive with the ball as opposed to finding his spot and shooting (which is what the trianlge offense calls for).

All that combined with the fact that he could be so much more with another team means he will be the center of a trade package during the offseason imo.

On the Odom point I agree, however sir you are far off on the Bynum-Kupchak thing. It's Buss (Jim) that drafted Bynum and no one else. He pushed for him like crazy.

It was that Phil wants Granger- Kupchak wants May- Jim wants Bynum thing. May is the worst of the three options but he'll be a solid solid power forward so all three were good choices. Granger could have been perfect as Kobe's running mate while Bynum is worth the most.

So take your pick really...

Your right though I don't expect Bynum to be traded in fact what I expect is the Lakers will go with Odom+Brown+Cook+Evans if need be and say to a team with a top notch power forward, if you give us your guy we'll give you two expiring contracts both of them solid players, plus a shooting big man and Odom.

For example the Wolves see Garnett might bolt to the Bulls and their like ok fine let's send him to L.A. and clean up our horrendous cap situation. We can send Jaric who fits well as the second team's SF/facilitator, Mike James who fits well as a triangle point guard, and offcourse Garnett. Or maybe they'll decide Mike James can get them something else and instead they send Hassell or Blount.

I honestly don't care...

That why I said Bynum for Kidd is not a equal deal. Since the Lakers had serious discussion on making a trade something will happen with this roster. The Lakers I think will move Bynum in the offseason but it wont be for Kidd I think it will be for Garnett. Portland never knew Jermain Oneal was going to be that good, that why they gave him up for chump change old *** Dale Davis.
Yeh but eight years ago, Double D was still solid, and I'm tellin ya they knew what the kid was about, thats why they drafted him. The team they had then was built for win now, so they had to get players that were already developed, no project players. And dont be surprised if KG opts out of his contract next yr, but LA may not be his destination.

While Kwame's contract would still be one the books, you have to remember that he would be a valuable trading piece next year as well. Much moreso than Kidd at that point. A 25 year old center who plays fantastic defense and rebounds would fetch far more than an oft-injured aging point guard. Bigs are always going to demand more than guards if the talent level is anywhere near close. At this point, Kwame's talent is in the same ballpark as Kidd's when you factor age and impact of position.

That is why it hurts the Nets. Because when they try to trade Kidd in the offseason or at the dealdine next year, the offers they get will be even lower than what L.A. offered this time.

But that is fine. New Jersey obviously feels they have what it takes now to be competitive or to fix their roster, so more power to them.

I agree that Bynum is going to be a top 5 center in the future, but Kobe and Odom cant wait for him to develop. These guys are in their prime and the Lakers have a 3-4yr window with Kobe. Kobe is 28 and a old 10yr veteran at that. Already 2 knee operation for him. A player like Kobe only comes around once for a franchise so you have to build now. The Lakers will move Bynum but it has to be the right player and Kidd is not that player. Lakers are about winning Championships NOW not the future, leave that future developing stuff for teams like the NETS.

Yeh but eight years ago, Double D was still solid, and I'm tellin ya they knew what the kid was about, thats why they drafted him. The team they had then was built for win now, so they had to get players that were already developed, no project players. And dont be surprised if KG opts out of his contract next yr, but LA may not be his destination.

What are you talking about Dale Davis was a a ok player at best. He had one solid year and the Pacers took advantage of him and traded him. All he was good for is rebound and low post defense when he was at indiana. He avg less then 10ppg , 1blk/gm, >1assit/gm and this was before the trade. In return they got Oneal who sitting on the bench for 3 yrs with the blazers and now is a FRANCHISE player. Also the only person Oneal was behind on the Bench was Sabonis who suck arse. The other center was Kline who was traded with Oneal. Blazer didnt know what they had.

Back
Top Bottom