Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

granted Kobe has more wear than normal for a guy of his young age since he came right out of High School, but 4 years will be the end of his career? you're insane.

Its a legitimate concern, especially given that there is no precident to compare this first flock of straight from high school guards to. Both TMac and Kobe have seemed to have similar wear to players several years their senior who spent time in college.

Its a legitimate concern, especially given that there is no precident to compare this first flock of straight from high school guards to. Both TMac and Kobe have seemed to have similar wear to players several years their senior who spent time in college.

Even if Kobe were to start slipping, I doubt his career would end in 4 years. He is so far ahead of everyone else that if he were to "drop" to the level that Wade, Arenas and other players of similar ilk are at now, it wouldn't be the end of the world for the Lakers. ESPECIALLY if Bynum is still surging and making strides at the center position.

Even if Kobe were to start slipping, I doubt his career would end in 4 years. He is so far ahead of everyone else that if he were to "drop" to the level that Wade, Arenas and other players of similar ilk are at now, it wouldn't be the end of the world for the Lakers. ESPECIALLY if Bynum is still surging and making strides at the center position.

LOL!!!!!!!!

"Drop" to Wade's level...

I think you overestimate Kobe;s talent...

He may be the best player in the NBA...but he isn't that far ahead.

That's true, but part of the wear and tear that a normal player incurs that causes him to bow out of the game, in addition to day-in/day-out physical activity, is Father Time. Kobe does have that working in his favor.

Of course nobody knows for sure, you're right, I just find it foolish for Amars to "assume" that he'll be on the backend of his career at that time.

If he is proven to be right, then some might wonder what the benefit of drafting someone right out of high school is if it takes them longer to develop and doesn't increase their longevity any (and with stern's rule changes I know they wouldn't go straight to the club anyway)

LOL!!!!!!!!

I don't know that Wade is necessarily worse than Kobe.

LOL!!!!!!!!

I knew you would chime in when I wrote that. It isn't a knock against Wade or Gilbert or anyone else at that level. All are very good and the future of the NBA (along with LeBron who is the standout player of that draft) and Anthony etc. etc.

I also wasn't inferring that Wade and Co. would stay where they are now. In fact, I am pretty sure they are going to get better. But right now, in this time and space, Kobe is the best player in the NBA by far. If, in four years he "drops" down to where Wade and Co are now (assuming Wade and Co. have continued to improve and are now the pre-eminant players in the league in their prime) it wouldn't be the end of Kobe's career. Sure, he would be on the decline, but it wouldn't be a complete disaster of one.

Kobe IMO has 4 yrs a peak level left. Why the hell are we going to wait for bynum to develop when we need to take advantage now that Kobe is at the top of his game. There is no guarantee that Bynum will a great center so the lakers need to strike while the Irons Hot.

I knew you would chime in when I wrote that. It isn't a knock against Wade or Gilbert or anyone else at that level. All are very good and the future of the NBA (along with LeBron who is the standout player of that draft) and Anthony etc. etc.

I also wasn't inferring that Wade and Co. would stay where they are now. In fact, I am pretty sure they are going to get better. But right now, in this time and space, Kobe is the best player in the NBA by far. If, in four years he "drops" down to where Wade and Co are now (assuming Wade and Co. have continued to improve and are now the pre-eminant players in the league in their prime) it wouldn't be the end of Kobe's career. Sure, he would be on the decline, but it wouldn't be a complete disaster of one.

"By Far"?

Dude...take off the gold and purple glasses and watch something other than the Next Lakers / Wolves matchup.

First of all..Wade is not in Gilbert's "level".

Second of all...It is Wade, Lebron and Kobe that SHARE the top level as far as talent and ability goes.

Wade will replace Kobe soon..seeing as he is already more efficient than Kobe offensively. Wade puts up better numbers defensively as well. As soon as he completes his game...goodbye Kobe.

In my top 50 players list...I have Kobe #1.....but saying he is better than Wade "By Far" is insulting to Wade and to the intelligence of the average NBA fan.

"By Far"?

Dude...take off the gold and purple glasses and watch something other than the Next Lakers / Wolves matchup.

First of all..Wade is not in Gilbert's "level".

Second of all...It is Wade, Lebron and Kobe that SHARE the top level as far as talent and ability goes.

Wade will replace Kobe soon..seeing as he is already more efficient than Kobe offensively. Wade puts up better numbers defensively as well. As soon as he completes his game...goodbye Kobe.

In my top 50 players list...I have Kobe #1.....but saying he is better than Wade "By Far" is insulting to Wade and to the intelligence of the average NBA fan.

Dude...take off the red and black glasses and watch something other than the next Heat/Nets matchup.

First of all, Wade is not in Kobe's "level".

See? I can write that too. And mine actually makes more sense. Why is it that Heat fans get so upset if someone wants to give Kobe his proper credit for being the best player in the league? It isn't like it is a lie. No one is screaming that Mark Madsen is the best. It is pretty much consensus that Kobe is by far and away, the best player in the game today. Virtually every player not named Shaq cops to it, coaches, analysts and fans all over the country think the same way. When a Laker player is getting chants of MVP by the Boston Celtics fans in Boston, it shows you what people think of Kobe.

Kobe is a better shooter, 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, defender, rebounder and so on and so forth. Wade drives to the basket more causing him to have a higher shooting %. Again, you act as if I somehow dis Wade by caling him the future as opposed to the present. I fully expect Wade to be better than Kobe in four years. As I expect a number of players to be. Once nature takes its course on Kobe and his skills start to diminish, and Wade's continue to blossom, it will happen and I will be right there to state as much.

Quit acting like I don't give Wade his props. I, along with seemingly everyone not associated with the Heat organization, happen to believe that Kobe is on another level all by himself right now.

Kobe IMO has 4 yrs a peak level left. Why the hell are we going to wait for bynum to develop when we need to take advantage now that Kobe is at the top of his game. There is no guarantee that Bynum will a great center so the lakers need to strike while the Irons Hot.

The iron isn't hot though. Bynum is progressing and a rapid pace. Players are already starting to think twice about going into the middle against him. His long arms block a lot of shots, and ones he doesn't get to, they still are altered because the player driving has to alter his shot to get it around Bynum.

Bynum goes nowhere. It isn't going to happen. Kobe understands what the plan is in L.A. They pretty consult him for every move they do (right or wrong). He knows what Bynum brings to their team and he knows what would be missing if you traded him for say, Garnett. Odom is the moveable piece. Kwame is the moveable piece. Bynum is going to be the future of this team for a long time.

The iron isn't hot though. Bynum is progressing and a rapid pace. Players are already starting to think twice about going into the middle against him. His long arms block a lot of shots, and ones he doesn't get to, they still are altered because the player driving has to alter his shot to get it around Bynum.

Bynum goes nowhere. It isn't going to happen. Kobe understands what the plan is in L.A. They pretty consult him for every move they do (right or wrong). He knows what Bynum brings to their team and he knows what would be missing if you traded him for say, Garnett. Odom is the moveable piece. Kwame is the moveable piece. Bynum is going to be the future of this team for a long time.

We are getting killed in the paint. We have no defensive presence down there that why we are losing so much. Everyone and I mean Everyone is driving to the rim. Bynum has major upside no doubt but right now he cant push people out of the paint. Yes he get 2 blocks a game and has long arms for Rebounds but he need to get more aggressive. Once you see Kwame come back you'll see the difference. He may not score alot but he's one of the strongest Center in the league and pushes everyone out of the paint. IMO if Garnett is on the table and Bynum is the biggest obstacle watch for him to get moved. Garnett is those once in a lifetime players.

In regard to Wade and Kobe comparison. I think its only fair to compare after Shaq is gone because then the pressure will be soley on Wade like it is on Kobe now. Right now Kobe #1 until Wade proves otherwise without shaq.

Samphin....

You are missing the point. I made a list of the top 50 players int he NBA. I have had Kobe at #1 since the beginning...I consider him the best player in the NBA.

Now..Having said that, Wade is not that far away.

You are just wrong with some of your assertions. Wade is a better mid range jump shooter than Kobe.

Kobe is the best player in the league, but by far?

I knew heat fans were really biased, but i didn't know Lakers fans were worse

Samphin....

You are missing the point. I made a list of the top 50 players int he NBA. I have had Kobe at #1 since the beginning...I consider him the best player in the NBA.

Now..Having said that, Wade is not that far away.

You are just wrong with some of your assertions. Wade is a better mid range jump shooter than Kobe.

Whoa Whoa Whoa no way Wade is better then Kobe at the mid range shot. Especially with a defender in his face.

Anyways Samphin would you not deal Bynum for Garnett knowing that 1. Kobe is in his prime at 28 and a old veteran at that 2. The Greatest coach ever in the NBA only has a couple years left 3.There is no guarantee that Bynum will be great, its kinda like Lamar Odom he has the potential to be great but he's not and we keep waiting. Ive been waiting for lamar to great and consistent since he was on the Clippers.

Back
Top Bottom