Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

What are you talking about Dale Davis was a a ok player at best. He had one solid year and the Pacers took advantage of him and traded him. All he was good for is rebound and low post defense when he was at indiana. He avg less then 10ppg , 1blk/gm, >1assit/gm and this was before the trade. In return they got Oneal who sitting on the bench for 3 yrs with the blazers and now is a FRANCHISE player. Also the only person Oneal was behind on the Bench was Sabonis who suck arse. The other center was Kline who was traded with Oneal. Blazer didnt know what they had.
did u just say sabonis sucked ***??? you gotta be kidding :sidelol:

portland was desperate for a big guy to try and guard shaq

did u just say sabonis sucked ***??? you gotta be kidding :sidelol:

portland was desperate for a big guy to try and guard shaq

Ya Sabonis sucked. The worst footwork I have ever seen a big man have. He couldnt jump 1in. and the biggest flopper and baby I have ever seen.

Ya Sabonis sucked. The worst footwork I have ever seen a big man have. He couldnt jump 1in. and the biggest flopper and baby I have ever seen.

wow, you just a lot of credibilty. Sabonis is one of the greatest centers of all time he just didn't get to the NBA until later in his career.

wow, you just a lot of credibilty. Sabonis is one of the greatest centers of all time he just didn't get to the NBA until later in his career.

Ya maybe in Europe but not in the NBA. Dwight Howard is putting up better number then him and do you think he gonna be one of the greatest of all time. Tell me one solid attribute that Sabonis has other then flopping.

I agree that Bynum is going to be a top 5 center in the future, but Kobe and Odom cant wait for him to develop. These guys are in their prime and the Lakers have a 3-4yr window with Kobe. Kobe is 28 and a old 10yr veteran at that. Already 2 knee operation for him. A player like Kobe only comes around once for a franchise so you have to build now. The Lakers will move Bynum but it has to be the right player and Kidd is not that player. Lakers are about winning Championships NOW not the future, leave that future developing stuff for teams like the NETS.

YOU never EVER trade big for small. Especially when the big is 19 and going to be a true top center. Those are a rarity. If they wouldn't give up Bynum for Artest or Kidd, what makes you think they give it up for Garnett either? Trust me, Bynum is going now where.

On the Odom point I agree, however sir you are far off on the Bynum-Kupchak thing. It's Buss (Jim) that drafted Bynum and no one else. He pushed for him like crazy.

It was that Phil wants Granger- Kupchak wants May- Jim wants Bynum thing. May is the worst of the three options but he'll be a solid solid power forward so all three were good choices. Granger could have been perfect as Kobe's running mate while Bynum is worth the most.

So take your pick really...

Your right though I don't expect Bynum to be traded in fact what I expect is the Lakers will go with Odom+Brown+Cook+Evans if need be and say to a team with a top notch power forward, if you give us your guy we'll give you two expiring contracts both of them solid players, plus a shooting big man and Odom.

For example the Wolves see Garnett might bolt to the Bulls and their like ok fine let's send him to L.A. and clean up our horrendous cap situation. We can send Jaric who fits well as the second team's SF/facilitator, Mike James who fits well as a triangle point guard, and offcourse Garnett. Or maybe they'll decide Mike James can get them something else and instead they send Hassell or Blount.

I honestly don't care...

I am well aware of Buss being the one who wanted Bynum. However, you fail to point out that once Kupchak saw him in action, he was sold on him as well. But, the reason I said Kupchak has hitched his legacy to the kid is this. He has been offered Artest and Kidd for him over that past few years and has stood pat on both. That shows a huge commitment to Bynum and what L.A. thinks of him as a player. That is all Kupchak.

As for the Odompoint, we are in agreement, although I don't want to see Mo Evans go anywhere. Trade Cook, trade Odom and trade Kwame if you have to, but keep Luke Walton, Mo Evans and Rony Turiaf out of any and all talks along with Kobe and Bynum.

I really think that if L.A. were to trade Odom, Kwame, Cook and say, Vujacic for Garnett, it owuld benefit both teams tremendously.

L.A. gets a veteran superstar up front in Garnett to go with Kobe an dBynum and Minnesota gets a chance to start over with younger, talented players and probably dump a bad contract or two off.

But that probably doesn't happen until next season, if at all.

YOU never EVER trade big for small. Especially when the big is 19 and going to be a true top center. Those are a rarity. If they wouldn't give up Bynum for Artest or Kidd, what makes you think they give it up for Garnett either? Trust me, Bynum is going now where.

So you wait 3-4 yrs for Bynum to develop and Kobe to be at the end of his career. Are you crazy. A player like KOBE is more of a rarity then Bynum. I totally believe that Bynum will be traded but like I said before it wont be for Kidd. I see more of a possibility it will be for Garnett which will make the lakers true contender to win a championship. Garnett is one of the top fowards to play the game.

Ya maybe in Europe but not in the NBA. Dwight Howard is putting up better number then him and do you think he gonna be one of the greatest of all time. Tell me one solid attribute that Sabonis has other then flopping.

I'll take these fellows opinions over yours about Sabonis.

Scottie Pippen was quoted as saying that Arvydas was "the best European basketball player to ever play the game". Ex-Spur Sean Elliott routinely claimed that Arvydas "should be in the conversation as one of the greatest centers ever". Hall of Famer Bill Walton describes "Sabas" as "the greatest passing center of all time". And Dino Radja, a former Boston Celtics player, said that Sabonis would have been an all-star "ten times over" had he played his healthy years in the States.

So you wait 3-4 yrs for Bynum to develop and Kobe to be at the end of his career. Are you crazy. A player like KOBE is more of a rarity then Bynum. I totally believe that Bynum will be traded but like I said before it wont be for Kidd. I see more of a possibility it will be for Garnett which will make the lakers true contender to win a championship. Garnett is one of the top fowards to play the game.

Not when you have the ability to do both. Dangle Odom for Garnett instead. If Minny bites, then you have Garnett, Bynum, and Kobe together.

The key is to win now and set yourself up for the future. I would be willing to bet money that Bynum own't be traded. Kareem Abdul Jabbar has been working with the kid and stated just the other day how amazed he has progressed so far. they weren't expecting what they get from him now, until two years from now. He also stated that the Lakers have assured him that Bynum is going nowhere.

You cannot win without a powerful inside man!!! Without a powerful inside man or at least a good one, Kobe will not win another title.

That's the Nets main problem (Although I really think NK will be a good one).

granted Kobe has more wear than normal for a guy of his young age since he came right out of High School, but 4 years will be the end of his career? you're insane.

Scottie Pippen was quoted as saying that Arvydas was "the best European basketball player to ever play the game". Ex-Spur Sean Elliott routinely claimed that Arvydas "should be in the conversation as one of the greatest centers ever". Hall of Famer Bill Walton describes "Sabas" as "the greatest passing center of all time". And Dino Radja, a former Boston Celtics player, said that Sabonis would have been an all-star "ten times over" had he played his healthy years in the States.

Again like I stated before he did nothing in the NBA. European career was probably great but I dont watch Euro bball. As for Pippen comment name me another euro players who was a starter beside Kukoc. He might be the only one worth talking about. Should of Would of Could of are just excuses. I could name 25 center before I would even THINK of putting Arvydas on the list as best all time NBA center.

that was taken verbatim from Wikipedia :)

Great Wikipedia the biggest crap out there on the net. Half the stuff people put there is bull****.

that's not really true, nor is it why I said what I did. Just found it funny.

You can put unverified crap out on Wikipedia, but on review of the article they usually add "citation needed" and if it can't be cited, often the content is removed.

I know this because I hijacked an article on "felching" and my changes are now gone and they were written as if they were plausible.

Back
Top Bottom