Jason Taylor released from Jets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor released from Jets

Any merit in looking at Gholston? He would love to prove something to the Jets, if he got the opportunity.

I made a thread about it and got bashed LOL...if he is cheap...Id like to bring him in camp and see what he can do...

It's amazing that what seemed to be a strength of your team defense has now become a hole and what was a hole for us just last year is now our strength (Solia-franchise tag).

How fast things change in the NFL.

The great thing is w/ Jenkins missing most of the last 2 seasons we still made the title game each year. He would have been huge for our D and maybe put us over the top but we will need some size in the middle of our D now along w/ a pass rusher- those are our 2 biggest needs.

12 years of giving his life, his body and his soul to our team and we get to act like he owes us more before he can retire a fin? comeon.

The great thing is w/ Jenkins missing most of the last 2 seasons we still made the title game each year. He would have been huge for our D and maybe put us over the top but we will need some size in the middle of our D now along w/ a pass rusher- those are our 2 biggest needs.

Even though Jenkins is rehabbing now, Im not sure he will play next year....Torn ACLs SUCK...and to tear the same 1 2xs is really rough to come back from...And he is 31 so its not like he is a spring chicken anymore....But sadly the Jets D still did decent with him out...

Even though Jenkins is rehabbing now, Im not sure he will play next year....Torn ACLs SUCK...and to tear the same 1 2xs is really rough to come back from...And he is 31 so its not like he is a spring chicken anymore....But sadly the Jets D still did decent with him out...

I understand he is in for a tough rehab but according to everything I have heard he is serious about coming back. Things could always change but we'll see.

12 years of giving his life, his body and his soul to our team and we get to act like he owes us more before he can retire a fin? comeon.

How many other Dolphin greats left to play for a hated division rival after they bad mouthed their fans and organization? Dont get me wrong, Im all for players trying to win titles because thats why most play the game...But he didnt have to go to the Jets...Zach Thomas had a chance to play for whoever after he was release from Miami, and even had offers from the Pats...but he turned them down to sign with Dallas...

I understand he is in for a tough rehab but according to everything I have heard he is serious about coming back. Things could always change but we'll see.

This is true, and as we have seen things can change in a day lol....I personally dont see yalls D hurting if he dosent come back though...The past 2 years proved that...

How many other Dolphin greats left to play for a hated division rival after they bad mouthed their fans and organization? Dont get me wrong, Im all for players trying to win titles because thats why most play the game...But he didnt have to go to the Jets...Zach Thomas had a chance to play for whoever after he was release from Miami, and even had offers from the Pats...but he turned them down to sign with Dallas...
if there had been any teams out there who wanted to sign him besides the jets, i'm sure he would've gone elsewhere. as I understand it, the jets were the only ones who actually were willing to pay him last season, and judging by our draft, I don't think it was in our plans to ever bring him back.

Let's not forget Dallas was the NFC SB favorite heading into that 2008 season which Zach played w/ them. Zach had a choice, what was Taylor's choice? sign w/ SB contending Jets or wait around for Miami to offer him a deal? He didn't have the same options.

This is true, and as we have seen things can change in a day lol....I personally dont see yalls D hurting if he dosent come back though...The past 2 years proved that...

Our D is going to be good regardless, it could have truly been great if he was healthy the last 2 years but at least this year we won't be counting on him and won't have big $ tied up in him only to see him get hurt. I hope he comes back but who knows?

Let's not forget Dallas was the NFC SB favorite heading into that 2008 season which Zach played w/ them. Zach had a choice, what was Taylor's choice? sign w/ SB contending Jets or wait around for Miami to offer him a deal? He didn't have the same options.

Our D is going to be good regardless, it could have truly been great if he was healthy the last 2 years but at least this year we won't be counting on him and won't have big $ tied up in him only to see him get hurt. I hope he comes back but who knows?

When isnt Dallas the media super bowl favorite out of the NFC?? The media love them some Cowboys for some reason...But honestly we dont know what could have happened...Miami offered him a contract before the end of the 09 season and he turned it down...Im not saying he dosent deserve to be able to retire a Dolphin and get his name in the ring of honor SOME DAY...Just not this year...

Yeah, The Steelers were able to push you around running the ball in that 1st half when the game almost got away.

I made a thread about it and got bashed LOL...if he is cheap...Id like to bring him in camp and see what he can do...

Gholston is done. He's got $24 million clams and nothing to play for anymore. You think he is going to bust his but for $500K

Jenkins who some were saying is top 5 nose tackle is released. Obviously Sexy Rexy doesn't feel the same.

Former Univerisity of Utah players now compromise 50% of the starting NT's in the AFCE.

As for JT, It would not surprise if he pulls a Favre and reunites w/ Wanny in Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom