Jason Taylor released from Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor released from Jets

The way he treated Miami the past few years, I highly doubt this regime signs him to a one day contract so he can retire. He doesn't deserve that at this very moment.

Oh come on Nub, you've got to give the man more respect then that, he gave up 11 years to our phins. Forgive and forget, thats what I say!

Don't want him to retire a phin sorry. The guy burnt his bridge with me. He should learn a thing or two from his brother in law.

All expected, I think there is a good chance we re-sign Woody and Jenkins at a lower cost.

I think eventually the fans will get over it and I agree he deserves to have a day w/ Miamibut there was a big difference btw Cox and taylor and Cox was only a dolphin for 5 years and his last team before he signed w/ us was the Bears. he had been 3 years removed from Miami when we picked him up off the crap heap.
he also coached on the jets for 3 years, so 6 years with the jets and we hired him to coach our guys? to me there isn't a difference, if you're going to "hate" someone for playing on the jets, you should hate them forever.

All expected, I think there is a good chance we re-sign Woody and Jenkins at a lower cost.

Jenkins is said to be retiring, he has had two major leg injuries in back to back seasons

he also coached on the jets for 3 years, so 6 years with the jets and we hired him to coach our guys? to me there isn't a difference, if you're going to "hate" someone for playing on the jets, you should hate them forever.

I'm w/ you but I still see differenes. Cox isn't considered a dolphin like taylor, Cox isn't going itno the ring of honor like Taylor an he didn't have a history opposing the Jets like Taylor did. I can see both sides, I am w/ you though. I think he should retire a dolphin and get his day of honor. Eventually the fans will forget.

Jenkins is said to be retiring, he has had two major leg injuries in back to back seasons

Jenkins is rehabbing right now and he plans on playing as of today. That could change but as of now he is not retiring.

Jenkins is rehabbing right now and he plans on playing as of today. That could change but as of now he is not retiring.

It's amazing that what seemed to be a strength of your team defense has now become a hole and what was a hole for us just last year is now our strength (Solia-franchise tag).

How fast things change in the NFL.

He deserves considerably more slack than than what you choose to give these boneheads currently running this team. Taylor gave this organization probowl season after probowl season, all these guys have done is screw up at nearly every turn.

Difference is the guys in charge want to be here. JT didn't and forced his way out once and stabbed the team in the back after he was given a second chance. How is JT really any different than Saban?

If he would have gone to the Bills then it would be a different story...Cox's history with the Bills is similar to Taylors was with the Jets...Cox didnt go sign with the Bills after he gave them the 2 finger salute..But look back at some of the stuff Taylor said about the Jets and their fans...And then to go play for them....It would have been like Cox going to play for the Bills after the stuff he did and said about the Bills and their fans...So in that aspect, Cox wins...

saying that the player is unworthy of remembrance after giving his all, leaving pieces of himself on 32 fields across this land is akin to your friends and family members turning their collective backs on "you" when your burdens are laid down.

when everyone declared he couldn't be the guy…he proved he was that, and more. now what; we should lessen him?

he carried our shield, he was one of our warriors. a standard bearer, a captain. he is a citizen of Miami.

honor him.

While I tend to defend JT, I too believe that he should have to wait to retire a Phin. But only because of the fact that people are still butt sore over the fact that he played for the Jets.

If he maintains a low profile the next few years, continues on with his charity work, keeps his trap shut on all things relating to the Fins directly or by negative inference like this year, then I can see time healing these wounds. Right now, the local sentiment beyond this or any forum is less than positive. It's possible for JT to rehab his image but after his shenanigans, quotes and actions over the last few years, he needs to understand that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Any merit in looking at Gholston? He would love to prove something to the Jets, if he got the opportunity.

Common guys! Jason Taylor will FOREVER linked to the Dolphins! JT playing for the Jets was a stab in the eye to Bill Parcells. We all new that. Now that we can see what a piece of Sh** Parcells was we all can see more clearly why Jason did what he did. Jason gave alot to the Phins and I for one will always be a Jason Taylor fan! I mean if the Bills can forgive Thurmon Thomas playing for the Fins I think WE all can take Jason Taylor back withopen arms!!! Sign your one dollar contract and take your place in Dolphins history forever Jason!

Back
Top Bottom