JAVONTE WILLIAMS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JAVONTE WILLIAMS

dolphinheel

Active Roster
Reaction score
As everyone knows, I have been singing his praises all year and believe he is the most NFL ready RB in this draft and an ideal fit for the MD. In full disclosure I’m also a UNC grad so I admit to being a little but of a homer, but this kid is legit. I watched every game he’s played and I have no doubt the impact he will have. We have to get him early in the second if we don’t sign someone like Aaron Jones. Excellent read.

From the film I've watched of him the kid runs hard and doesn't seem to take any plays off!! He runs hangry, and can also catch it very well. One of my favorite RB in this draft as well.
As everyone knows, I have been singing his praises all year and believe he is the most NFL ready RB in this draft and an ideal fit for the MD. In full disclosure I’m also a UNC grad so I admit to being a little but of a homer, but this kid is legit. I watched every game he’s played and I have no doubt the impact he will have. We have to get him early in the second if we don’t sign someone like Aaron Jones. Excellent read.

I am not saying Harris won't be a good RB, but I think he is too tall. I prefer RBs with a shorter stockier build so they can get their pads lower and drive through contact. I am not looking for a finesse runner who is a home run threat. I want a grinder who imposes their will, wears the defense down and opens up the offense for our WR and TE.

Agree 100%. I've had him pegged at 36 or 50 for a while. The more you watch, the more you can see him picked at 36.

I am not saying Harris won't be a good RB, but I think he is too tall. I prefer RBs with a shorter stockier build so they can get their pads lower and drive through contact. I am not looking for a finesse runner who is a home run threat. I want a grinder who imposes their will, wears the defense down and opens up the offense for our WR and TE.
I remember the same thing being stated about Henry when he was in the draft. Many people thought he was too tall at 6’3“ and ran too straight up to have success in the NFL. Yet his height and running style certainly hasn’t hindered him at all. Harris is actually an inch shorter than Henry and appears to
have the ability to juke defenders similar to what smaller RB’s are capable of doing.

That being stated, I would have no issue with the Dolphins taking Williams in the draft instead of Harris. I think they both will be excellent running backs in the NFL.

Last edited:
Best all-around RB in the draft IMO. Reminds a bit of Ronnie Brown the way he runs
with a bit of lateral lean and is very physical. The kid is TUFF! And his running mate
looks like a mini Ricky Williams! Heck I'd be good with 'em both!

I think this guy is overrated. Not bad, just much hyped. I am a Hurricanes fan, so I have seen first hand what he and Michael Carter can do but I just don't see him being the same caliber of RB as Travis Etienne or Najee Harris.

If we miss out on Harris and Etienne, I would not mind him in the late 2nd or 3rd round but I think it will be a serious step down as far as running ability and production.

What I do not know about him however is does he block and catch well?

I think this guy is overrated. Not bad, just much hyped. I am a Hurricanes fan, so I have seen first hand what he and Michael Carter can do but I just don't see him being the same caliber of RB as Travis Etienne or Najee Harris.

If we miss out on Harris and Etienne, I would not mind him in the late 2nd or 3rd round but I think it will be a serious step down as far as running ability and production.

JW is a really really good player and I’d love to have him but he’s not on ETN or Harris level. His punishing running style will shorten his career in the pros. ETN is the best tailback in the class but it’s close between he and Harris but JW is a very solid 3rd.

He had 50 catches in 24 games in college for almost 11 YPC
As far as pass protection I'm not sure about.

Back
Top Bottom