Jay Ajayi vs Jonas Gray. Who to keep on the 53-man roster? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Ajayi vs Jonas Gray. Who to keep on the 53-man roster?

When Jay Ajayi comes back from IR, which RBs should we keep on the 53-man roster?

• Carry four RBs on the 53 (Lamar Miller, Jonas Gray, Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams)

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Try to stash Jonas Gray on the practice squad.

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Try to stash Jay Ajayi on the practice squad.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Try to stash Damien Williams on the practice squad.

Votes: 72 54.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi is currently on the I.R./return list, which means he's ineligible for the first eight games of the season.

So 3 more games without him, and then we'll have to make a decision.

Assuming no injuries, what should we do?

a) Carry four RBs on the 53 (Lamar Miller, Jonas Gray, Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams)

b) Try to stash Jonas Gray on the practice squad.

c) Try to stash Jay Ajayi on the practice squad.

d) Try to stash Damien Williams on the practice squad.

e) Other.

???

ive been thinking this... but Ajayi is definitely the guy you bring up. He was your draft pick and the guy thats been working and developing, and doing well with your team from the start. pls, offers a lot of different things which can help us out as a team more than Gray.

But they guy I would be more worried on, interesting maybe... is Damien Williams??? just a thought

I think you keep them both on the roster and cut Williams. But i think this team cuts Gray. Williams is our KR so unless you think Gray or someone else on the active roster can return i think ultimately they keep Williams and cut gray

If we can't put Damien Williams on the practice squad, I'd cut him.

-

Yea ive seen pretty much all ive had to see with damien williams, hes really not good at running the ball. I would roll with a backfield of miller gray and ajayi the rest of the year.

Ajayi is the one with the most talent out of the 4. You have to make run for him. He was a big time steal in the 5th round.

Ozzy rules

Ajayi is the one with the most talent out of the 4. You have to make run for him. He was a big time steal in the 5th round.

Ozzy rules
Miller is more talented as a runner IMO but we'll see

I voted " Try to stash Damien Williams on the practice squad." Miller obviously is not even in the discussion, Gray has proven to be the PowerBack we needed last year, as well as a good receiver out of the backfield, and as for Ajayi, he is a combination of Miller and Gray, not as powerful as Gray or as explosive as Miller (at least, not yet to prove to be either), but is a good combination of both.

That leaves Williams, who is not looking anywhere as impressive this year, as he did in 2014.

You keep Gray and bring Ajayi back from the PUP.

Send Williams packing or cut Dallas Thomas, he seems to be dead weight lol.

We could always put Ajayi on IR.

This is exactly what I think the coaches will choose to do this year. Leave Ajayi on I.R. this year.

Miller - Obviously the bell-cow back.

Gray - running well, shown to be the Miller handcuff right now.

Williams - Key STeamer. From what we've been told, also a great pass blocker and a good receiving back out of the backfield. All in all, too important to cut, really.

Really looking forward to Ajayi being back. It will help our new run committed offense. He can be a ferocious runner. My opinion of Damien is on a downward slope. He hasn't been much of an asset to the offense. He's a pretty awful runner and we're not using him in the passing game. If Jonas can pass block effectively we can bring him in as a decoy on short 3rds and take some chances. Ajayi is just an enormously talented player. Damien's value is blitz pickup and his role as a receiver which we haven't used him in at all. If Jonas and Ajayi can fill those roles, Damien doesn't have much value and we should stick him on the PS.

Either keep 4 backs for insurance purposes or dump Williams. He isn't good. Gray we need - the way we used him to pound out the end of the game is one reason. Big back who can get the tough yards.

I am cutting Damien Williams.

I agree with one of the poster's on page 1, Ajayi is our most talented RB. I am so intrigued by him.

I like the 1-2 punch of Miller and Gray, seems like Ajayi is a combination of the two.

Nobody in there right mind knows how talented Jay is on an NFL field.

As of right now you don't open a spot for him, you make him earn a spot.

Back
Top Bottom