Jay Cutler gives Dolphins dismal ending they should’ve seen coming | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler gives Dolphins dismal ending they should’ve seen coming

yeah you better have a high football iq to run this offense

cutler checks every box pre snap it's just when the execution of the boxes he checks pre and post snap as a passer comes in it's fail...

he's washed up gonna hang em up...I don't think the arm is trash I just don't think the arm is good enough to offset the shoddy mechanics any more

Well, I guess that's a better way to put it. You saw he had 2 plays in the 4th quarter yesterday where he stepped up and fired a strike, and his arm looked just fine. Just fine.

But if he's only going to do that twice in 49 pass attempts, then his arm might as well be shot, because when he throws off his back foot, it's not good enough.

Well, since were on subject I wanted the team to firstly draft a QB in this past draft. Then we wouldn't have PAINTED ourselves in a ****ing corner, Like we always do. We didn't give ourselves options in the first place. THAT'S my point. That's my arguement.

Put it like this. I'm a chef. If I just halfass prepped and we should 86 a product you can bet your *** I'm gonna be held accountable. I just wish fans would stop apologizing for the ppl running this team not doing their job up to standards. I'm tired for 7-9's,6-10, & first round exits in 30 pt. fashion.

I'm sorry, but I'm always expecting more and I won't make excuses for another profession. Irresponsible.

I'm not okay with losing decisions.

So, you would have used a high pick--which is what it takes to find a QB that can come in and start immediately--back when every sign pointed to Tannehill being able to play, despite all the other holes we had to address on both sides of the ball? Which would you have sacrificed for a backup QB?

Harris, when our pass rush, one of the most important aspects of the game, is old (Wake) and overrated (Branch)?

McMillan? After we've ignored the LB position for years, leaving us with one of the worst units in the league.

Tankersley? When we still had garbage Maxwell and a 2nd year player still developing? Not that you tend to find starter quality QBs in the 3rd round anyways.

The QBs we had a shot at were Kizer (if we reached for him in the 1st round), Davis Webb (if we reached for him in the 2nd), and CJ Beathard over Tankersley in the 3rd. Which of those all-pros you picking up to carry the team for the whole season, assuming you fully expect Tannehill to miss it all?

(please say Kaaya :laugh)

I think CJ Beathard might be the best quarterback in that group you listed. Yikes.

So, you would have used a high pick--which is what it takes to find a QB that can come in and start immediately--back when every sign pointed to Tannehill being able to play, despite all the other holes we had to address on both sides of the ball? Which would you have sacrificed?

Harris, when our pass rush, one of the most important aspects of the game, is old (Wake) and overrated (Branch)?

McMillan? After we've ignored the LB position for years, leaving us with one of the worst units in the league.

Tankersley? When we still had garbage Maxwell and a 2nd year player still developing? Not that you tend to find starter quality QBs in the 3rd round anyways.

The QBs we had a shot at were Kizer (if we reached for him in the 1st round), Davis Webb (if we reached for him in the 2nd), and CJ Beathard over Tankersley in the 3rd. Which of those all-pros you picking up to carry the team for the whole season, assuming you fully expect Tannehill to miss it all?

(please say Kaaya :laugh)
Lol, Id rather see John Beck than Cutler....

Infact, Beck is retired too we should give him a call next September!

Cool. What aspect of John Beck's game did you like best? His 67.6 rating, his all-time long pass of 32 yards, or his mullet?
I'm not sure if he still has a mullet. Maybe he's grown a glorious man beard like Cutler....then he'll win your love for 16 games.

I'm not sure if he still has a mullet. Maybe he's grown a glorious man beard like Cutler....then he'll win your love for 16 games.

So which is it? Which of those awesome rookie QBs would you have taken a shot on?

So which is it? Which of those awesome rookie QBs would you have taken a shot on?
at this point, any of em. Lol, just get that guy wearing no. 6 the f**k outta there. Especially for $10M.

Your missing like the benchmark understanding of this....so basic. He's giving you rookie production, duhhhh. Might aswell actually have a rookie being paid at a rookie scale, right?

Or are we just completely defeated mentally as fans?

Yeah that's right, garbage in Miami = $10M paydays on the beach....lol

This has been fun, I got some of this off my chest. I'm gonna go benge drink some Chocolate milk, now...

The only way we get a QB last year was to trade up. And only one of them could of won this year with this team.
But we would of had to run the read option. And if we wanted to do that we could of signed kappernick. And we could do that without wasting a 2 to 3 draft picks to do it.

at this point, any of em. Lol, just get that guy wearing no. 6 the f**k outta there. Especially for $10M.

Your missing like the benchmark understanding of this....so basic. He's giving you rookie production, duhhhh. Might aswell actually have a rookie being paid at a rookie scale, right?

Or are we just completely defeated mentally as fans?

Yeah that's right, garbage in Miami = $10M paydays on the beach....lol

This has been fun, I got some of this off my chest. I'm gonna go benge drink some Chocolate milk, now...

So, you have no solution other than "I no likey Cutler." He hasn't played well, but he's certainly played better than any rookie not named Watson, particularly better than any QB we had a shot at, and he clearly gave us the best chance, if any, to win this year. Your emotions are clouding your judgement.

Which of the QB's we had a shot at are playing as well or better than Cutler? Kizer and his 9:19 TD:INT ratio (at the cost of a 1st round pick)? :laugh

You're also really hung up on the money, which is weird, because you didn't pay it. Which has a long-term impact, that or dolling out a top pick for one of those QBs and missing out on potentially shoring up another much needed area like pass rush, LB corps, or the secondary? I'll take the short-term financial hit.

So, you have no solution other than "I no likey Cutler." He hasn't played well, but he's certainly played better than any rookie not named Watson, particularly better than any QB we had a shot at, and he clearly gave us the best chance, if any, to win this year. Your emotions are clouding your judgement.

Which of the QB's we had a shot at are playing as well or better than Cutler? Kizer and his 9:19 TD:INT ratio (at the cost of a 1st round pick)? :laugh

You're also really hung up on the money, which is weird, because you didn't pay it. Which has a long-term impact, that or dolling out a top pick for one of those QBs and missing out on potentially shoring up another much needed area like pass rush, LB corps, or the secondary? I'll take the short-term financial hit.
Oh please, your knowledge of the running of a team would get sniffed at just like mine in the FO so just have you a glass of milk and relax...

Oh please, your knowledge of the running of a team would get sniffed at just like mine in the FO so just have you a glass of milk and relax...

It's easier to take really weak little shots at me personally than it is to answer my completely reasonable questions, I get it. Which QB? Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer for someone so adamant that we should have drafted one instead of much later signing a veteran after our starter was injured.

Okay, so we know it wasn't Kizer, given your snippy response. We're narrowing it down here. Was it Webb, the guy who couldn't even beat out Geno Smith?

Back
Top Bottom