Jay Cutler gives Dolphins dismal ending they should’ve seen coming | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler gives Dolphins dismal ending they should’ve seen coming

now that the season is officially not going anywhere, I really hope we don't have to see Cutler anymore

Then why have him as your primary reserve is the question? Lol

Because a backup QB is meant to come in and play in a pinch, not cover an entire season. If they were capable of that, they would be starters in the league. Moore was a good backup for Tannehill's first few years. Smart, good mentor, and good backup in a pinch (again, not a whole season); exactly what you want in a backup behind a developing young QB. Tannehill is past that now. This is the point where you start looking for legit developmental talent.

Because a backup QB is meant to come in and play in a pinch, not cover an entire season. If they were capable of that, they would be starters in the league. Moore was a good backup for Tannehill's first few years. Smart, good mentor, and good backup in a pinch (again, not a whole season); exactly what you want in a backup behind a developing young QB. Tannehill is past that now. This is the point where you start looking for legit developmental talent.
I agree. I just never seen a team have a back-up already in place, then sign a retired player to start for them. Cutler is no Brett Farve....

Lol yes quite. Well, who needs contingency plans? We're the ****ing Dolphins, baby. Gimmie a No. 6 Cutler jersey , and let him wing us to 6-10 baby!!

Cutler was the best option at that point in the offseason, sadly. He not only knew the offense, but had success in it. You just had to hope that he still had something left in that arm. He clearly didn't, unfortunately, and he didn't have Pennington's brain to overcome Pennington's arm.

I agree. I just never seen a team have a back-up already in place, then sign a retired player to start for them. Cutler is no Brett Farve....

It's not like Cutler had been retired for years. I already explained why a backup QB isn't meant to cover an entire season, so I'll refer you to that post.

Cutler was the best option at that point in the offseason, sadly. He not only knew the offense, but had success in it. You just had to hope that he still had something left in that arm. He clearly didn't, unfortunately, and he didn't have Pennington's brain to overcome Pennington's arm.
So....your saying Tannehill going down put them in a position to make dire measures. Measures that clearly didn't pan out, not that all plans do. But, it's almost as if the team keeps catching the same right jab on the chin, and has no clue how to freaking adjust properly.

Almost like they make a plan they deem unbreakable, but when that plan falters, they just turn to sh*t & try to sweep their bad decisions under the rug. Lol. Like their schemes can't fail.

It's not like Cutler had been retired for years. I already explained why a backup QB isn't meant to cover an entire season, so I'll refer you to that post.
I think apologizing for these bad decisions is where we split....

So....your saying Tannehill going down put them in a position to make dire measures. Measures that clearly didn't pan out, not that all plans do. But, it's almost as if the team keeps catching the same right jab on the chin, and has no clue how to freaking adjust properly.

Almost like they make a plan they deem unbreakable, but when that plan falters, they just turn to sh*t & try to sweep their bad decisions under the rug. Lol. Like their schemes can't fail.

I'm not entirely sure what you expected them to do in that situation. I'm also not sure what you're really arguing for here. Did you want Moore to start? Please, for the love of satan, don't say Doughty.

I think apologizing for these bad decisions is where we split....

Cutler wasn't a bad decision and I'm not apologizing for anything. Where we split is me (and others) offering discussion on what happened and you offering snarky commentary without actually adding anything of value.

Pennington had a better arm at the end of his career than Cutler has now, for what it's worth. Pennington couldn't deliver the ball with velocity, but he was still accurate. Cutler's problem is he is not accurate at all.

Anyway, watching this all unfold has been pretty instructive, I think. I listen to Gase's comments in that incendiary Friday presser again, and I look at the whole Cutler ordeal, and I realize that I really overlooked some comments that players made last season. Several veteran Dolphins players told reporters that Gase's offense was by far the most complex they had ever had to learn.

I think Ryan Tannehill is 100% going to be your 2018 starter, and the #1 attribute that the team is going to look for in a quarterback draftee is FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE. Everything else will be secondary to a guy who can grasp the offense and then run it in real time.

I'm not entirely sure what you expected them to do in that situation. I'm also not sure what you're really arguing for here. Did you want Moore to start? Please, for the love of satan, don't say Doughty.
Well, since were on subject I wanted the team to firstly draft a QB in this past draft. Then we wouldn't have PAINTED ourselves in a ****ing corner, Like we always do. We didn't give ourselves options in the first place. THAT'S my point. That's my arguement.

Put it like this. I'm a chef. If I just halfass prepped and we should 86 a product you can bet your ass I'm gonna be held accountable. I just wish fans would stop apologizing for the ppl running this team not doing their job up to standards. I'm tired for 7-9's,6-10, & first round exits in 30 pt. fashion.

I'm sorry, but I'm always expecting more and I won't make excuses for another profession. Irresponsible.

I'm not okay with losing decisions.

yeah you better have a high football iq to run this offense

cutler checks every box pre snap it's just when the execution of the boxes he checks pre and post snap as a passer comes in it's fail...

he's washed up gonna hang em up...I don't think the arm is trash I just don't think the arm is good enough to offset the shoddy mechanics any more

Back
Top Bottom