Jay Cutler is the worst | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler is the worst

I thought best case was 7-9....I really don't think we're gonna win again (this season anyway lol)

That INT at the end of a game was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. It looked like someone paid him to take a dive in the 4th round. Even guys like Chad Henne could throw classy interceptions, like into double coverage thinking he could split the defenders. The interception by Cutler was just a dive in the 4th by a guy cashing in.

Did you actually watch it again and/or read this whole thread......I can't stand Cutler and wish he was never signed but that INT was because moron Parker was out of position and ran the wrong/bad route. He didn't run or turn to head to the spot where the pass was going (an out route to the sideline)....in fact, he wasn't even close which makes me think he's nothing but clueless and did not even know or try to get to where the ball was going to be (although some will give him the benefit of the doubt that he got "tied up"). Watch the clip above and you'll see he was more than 5 yards from where he should have been....he was inside the numbers while the pass was thrown to a spot near the sideline. Cutler was throwing to a spot and it was Parker's job to get to the spot or near enough to try to make a play or get involved. He never should have been that far off his route. And it's not the first time....in fact there were other instances in this game where he turned in when he should have turned out.....dude didn't know how to properly eat or feed himself earlier in the year....is it too hard to imagine he confuses his left with his right?

Normally, you see INT's like that when the WR slips coming out of his route or something and the DB gets a gift......only we don't have a slipping player here (which, while unfortunate can happen and is understandable/one of those things)....what we have is a stupid player who doesn't get it and probably never will....another wasted draft pick.

Did you actually watch it again and/or read this whole thread......I can't stand Cutler and wish he was never signed but that INT was because moron Parker was out of position and ran the wrong/bad route. He didn't run or turn to head to the spot where the pass was going (an out route to the sideline)....in fact, he wasn't even close which makes me think he's nothing but clueless and did not even know or try to get to where the ball was going to be (although some will give him the benefit of the doubt that he got "tied up"). Watch the clip above and you'll see he was more than 5 yards from where he should have been....he was inside the numbers while the pass was thrown to a spot near the sideline. Cutler was throwing to a spot and it was Parker's job to get to the spot or near enough to try to make a play or get involved. He never should have been that far off his route. And it's not the first time....in fact there were other instances in this game where he turned in when he should have turned out.....dude didn't know how to properly eat or feed himself earlier in the year....is it too hard to imagine he confuses his left with his right?

Normally, you see INT's like that when the WR slips coming out of his route or something and the DB gets a gift......only we don't have a slipping player here (which, while unfortunate can happen and is understandable/one of those things)....what we have is a stupid player who doesn't get it and probably never will....another wasted draft pick.

Outside of your dislike for Parker what makes you so sure he ran the wrong route? If Stills or Landry ran the same route would you still think it was on the receiver or the qb? I'm not sure who was at fault, but to me Parker had one db on his hip pocket and another one (the one who intercepted the ball) already waiting for him between the numbers and the sideline. Why would would th route read take him into that coverage and why would a qb throw the into that type of coverage on first down? It just seems like people are assuming Parker ran the wrong route on that play when Cutler has been known to misread coverages in the past and could have been at fault on the play.

I believe the only chance we had when Tanny went down was to either trade for a QB or sign Kaepernick. Besides Kap, where weren't any other decent QBs available as FAs....INCLUDING CUTLER. When we decided to do neither, the season was over at that point. This is why we SHOULD HAVE played Fales or Doughty. If you're going to have a wasted season, might as well allow someone to develop...and go for a better draft pick. Cutler was a hail mary gone wrong. Signing him was a move reminiscent of the Wanny/Spielman days.

I guess I just fail to understand why Matt Moore, Fales and Doughty are even on the roster.

Did you see the end zone view??...If Parker had been in position near the sideline where pass was going and where he should have been it would have been him against the CB with a LB coming over....hardly "triple coverage". The clip above makes it look like they were all grouped closer together...they weren't...Parker was at least 5 yds off where he should've been. That's why the CB was all alone and made an easy play. Look where Parker is.....inside the numbers while the pass and the CB are at the sideline (where the play/pass was planned to go). Cutler threw it to a spot where Parker was supposed to go....or at least BE NEAR....Mr. Spoonfeed Me Moron failed to complete or run the right route.

My guess is Parker was not where he was supposed to be but maybe the defender had something to do with that. If Parker doesn't start/dress next game we might have our answer.

Did you actually watch it again and/or read this whole thread......I can't stand Cutler and wish he was never signed but that INT was because moron Parker was out of position and ran the wrong/bad route.

Of course I watched the play. Regardless of Parker, Cutler made a bad decision at a bad time. Even if Parker was supposed to "be there" (which you have no way of knowing), Parker would have been double covered and likely intercepted anyway. Also, Parker would have never made it to the sideline to stop the clock with 30 seconds left. It's game over if he catches that pass in bounds. Its just poor QB play, stop making excuses.

Of course I watched the play. Regardless of Parker, Cutler made a bad decision at a bad time. Even if Parker was supposed to "be there" (which you have no way of knowing), Parker would have been double covered and likely intercepted anyway. Also, Parker would have never made it to the sideline to stop the clock with 30 seconds left. It's game over if he catches that pass in bounds. Its just poor QB play, stop making excuses.

LOL.....me making excuses for Cutler??? HAHA....I'm on record from the very day his signing was talked about as being against it & it being a horrible move. And as you said about Moore, I was saying the same exact thing back in August.....roll with him, save the $10 mil and don't even think of signing Cutler (were you saying any of that then??). BTW...why do you say the he would not have made it out of bounds?....that pass was thrown just inside the line and if he had been there and caught it, it would have been easy for him to get out of bounds. I agree if he caught it where he was on the field he would have been stopped but that's not where ball was thrown....and, of course there's no guarantee he would have caught it anyway nor that it wouldn't have been intercepted anyway but him not getting anywhere near it made it a sure INT. At the very least I think you'd agree that Cutler expected him to be there which is why he threw the pass where it went but easily picked because the DB was the only one there (unless you believe like some other tin hats that Cutler threw it to lose on purpose). Oh and btw....I was railing for Cutler to be pulled earlier in the game since he was doing nothing good and for Moore to be put in to at least maybe spark something.

Outside of your dislike for Parker what makes you so sure he ran the wrong route? If Stills or Landry ran the same route would you still think it was on the receiver or the qb? I'm not sure who was at fault, but to me Parker had one db on his hip pocket and another one (the one who intercepted the ball) already waiting for him between the numbers and the sideline. Why would would th route read take him into that coverage and why would a qb throw the into that type of coverage on first down? It just seems like people are assuming Parker ran the wrong route on that play when Cutler has been known to misread coverages in the past and could have been at fault on the play.

Parker has made these types of errors before, in fact he made a glaring one just like it earlier in the game but ball went incomplete. And if it were Landry, etc. then I'd might give them the benefit of the doubt but Parker doesn't get it because he has been proven to make these errors, run bad/wrong routes, misread coverages and not be a fighter to get thru defenders or for the ball. He's not football smart nor a very good player. Face it, another bust of a #1 pick who makes more mistakes than catches.

Last edited:
The season is over, Culter should not see the field again. Niether should Alonzo or Parker. Time to evaluate the roster. Play the young guys now, we have seen enough of some of these players to know what their limits are.

The season is over, Culter should not see the field again. Niether should Alonzo or Parker. Time to evaluate the roster. Play the young guys now, we have seen enough of some of these players to know what their limits are.

Agreed but no way "GURU GASE" admits his error and sits Cutler.....he's riding him till the end and he can send his buddy Cutler off into the sunset $10 mil richer. Parker/Alonzo I get your point but doing that will possibly reduce trade value (if there is any...and at this point I'd take whatever we could get) of these two.

There are games Moore would have won for us that Cutler couldnt, and games Cutler would have won for us that Moore couldnt. Either way I'd rather have the $10 mil back and go with Moore and Scrub #3.
This. We would have had same record and more cap space.

Back
Top Bottom