Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott?

MiamiDolphins34

Active Roster
Reaction score
What do you guys prefer Cutler or trade down and possibly being able to draft Antonio Cromartie and Jon Scott? Both are projected to go late 1st early 2nd.If one of these guys was gone, LB Bobby Carpenter DT Rod Wright S Darnell Bing or some other hybrid LB could still be on the board too.

What would you do?

if cutler is still there i say we draft him. if not then we trade down and get cromartie and one of the other guys u mentioned. i personally think that cromartie is the best defensive back in this draft and is worth picking at 16.

Rather have Cutler than those two. Not very high on Scott at all.

Madman29 said:
if cutler is still there i say we draft him. if not then we trade down and get cromartie and one of the other guys u mentioned. i personally think that cromartie is the best defensive back in this draft and is worth picking at 16.

Cromartie best in the draft?? I don't know. I mean he had a major surgery which will effect his speed and agility ( Maybe ). Then he has not played in over a year. I would take Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff over him without giving another thought. Now Cromartie could very well be better, But the other two are alot safer picks and have not had major knee surgery. Oh and with the information available and given that I don't know who is still available at 16 I would say trade down, but I am not sure about Cromartie. Maybe if Marcus McNeil and get Jason Allen in the 3rd and Croyle in the 2nd. Yes I know Allen had a major knee injury too, but 1st round chances and 3rd round chances are a different story. Besides look who we took a chance on last year ( Channing Crowder ).

Since Miami probably won't get Cutler and I've seen it stated that Saban would be interesting in picking an impact player for the offense, Scott seems decent. I forgot what article stated that Saban was taking a liking to him.

i think we havta try to get another first round pick but anywaysat #16 i see us either getting marcus mcneil or jimmy williams or another cornerback.if we get another first round pick late i think we should try to get either an offensive linemen like jean gilles or a corner like charles gordon.by the way is gordon supposibly a first rounder?just wondering or we can get a linebacker like jackson or carpenter

Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff will probably play safety in the NFL and are more valuable as safeties, and as safety/corner combo players then Cromartie...I will somewhat agree with that.

However Antonio Cromartie is the best pure cornerback in the draft.

Jon Scott is too inconsistent for pick #16. He's a waist bender, and he lunges at people. The consensus second best OT in the draft is Winston Justice...and after that it could end up a battle between McNeil and Scott, and the only reason that doesn't heavily favor McNeil is because there are serious medical concerns about his back that could drop him below Scott.

IMO, Eric Winston will end up in the 3rd round...or later.

dorsaroll156 said:
i think we havta try to get another first round pick but anywaysat #16 i see us either getting marcus mcneil or jimmy williams or another cornerback.if we get another first round pick late i think we should try to get either an offensive linemen like jean gilles or a corner like charles gordon.by the way is gordon supposibly a first rounder?just wondering or we can get a linebacker like jackson or carpenter

No, Charles Gordon is not a 1st rounder:wink: 3rd rounder or so.

I'd take Huff if he';s available, but trust me, after the combine and work outs, Michael Huff will be a top ten pick.

If we stay at #16 I'd wouldn't mind drafting Winston Justice OL - USC.Assuming Nick doesn't sign a FA linemen like Bentley or Hutchinson.If Saban signs a FA OL then I like J.Williams or A.J. Hawk(doubt either would be around at 16th pick though).

SpeedRush99 said:
Rather have Cutler than those two. Not very high on Scott at all.

Hudson Houck is. Cutler wont be a dolphin. Saban pretty much gaurranteed it saying that he was interested in Cutler. Brodie Croyle is just as good if not better.

finfan54 said:
Hudson Houck is. Cutler wont be a dolphin. Saban pretty much gaurranteed it saying that he was interested in Cutler. Brodie Croyle is just as good if not better.
so he said he's interested, and that automatically means he's not?

ckparrothead said:
Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff will probably play safety in the NFL and are more valuable as safeties, and as safety/corner combo players then Cromartie...I will somewhat agree with that.

However Antonio Cromartie is the best pure cornerback in the draft.

Jon Scott is too inconsistent for pick #16. He's a waist bender, and he lunges at people. The consensus second best OT in the draft is Winston Justice...and after that it could end up a battle between McNeil and Scott, and the only reason that doesn't heavily favor McNeil is because there are serious medical concerns about his back that could drop him below Scott.

IMO, Eric Winston will end up in the 3rd round...or later.

Ill take Justice, but either way, we have Hudson Houck. And thats makes all the difference.

As CK says, Antonio Cromartie is the best pure corner in the draft. Could have the best hips I've seen in a decade. Needs to refine some technique but is ultra quick, is a ball hawk, tremendous size, etc. If he works out well, which some good info from George seems that he will, he would represent tremendous value at 16.

Scott has poor technique, is a lunger, a waist bender, who I wouldn't touch in the first 2 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom