Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott?

finfan54 said:
I remember a couple of years ago, I thought Max Starx looked pretty good at LT in the senior bowl. then he was poo poo'd on this board. Now he starts for the world champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

Scott is a fine specimen. That lunging crap can be fixed let alone that it exists as you say. Everyone has there weaknesses, even Dbrickshaw.

You use Starks as though he was some kind of wildcard from no-where. I think a lot of people thought he could man a RT spot in the right system at the next level. A Russ Grimm system suits him.

finfan54 said:
Like I said before, Hudson Houck likes him. I heard a little birdie tell me that Saban tried recruiting him at LSU. I think Hudson likes the Texas linemen. Max Starx is a perfect example of how people read too much into things.

I saw Dbrickshaw Ferguson get used by Hali in the second half of that Senior Bowl, but people do not have a problem with that at all. I dont get it. Now if you say Winston Justice is a better deal for us, you do not have an arguement with me on that, but you make it sound like Scott is a third/fourth rounder.

Seriously, if you're putting ANY stock in the Senior Bowl, then you have no argument. Ferguson owned every DE and OLB in Mobile all week at the practices.

Starks was a long term starter at a major SEC school. No surprise to me that he's playing. I wouldn't touch Scott till round 3.

By the way FinFan54, that "Ferguson got used by Tamba Hali in the 2nd half of the Senior Bowl" observation is just flat out misguided my friend.

How can Tamba Hali, the NORTH defensive MVP defensive end, have abused D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who played for the NORTH.

Good lord man, did Tamba go into the locker room and suit up for the South a few plays while I wasn't paying attention?

SpeedRush99 said:
Which is another reason, if we do hopefully end up with Cutler, that this board will be a mess while he adjusts to the NFL. Know it alls will be everywhere.

You know every day we will hear start cutler talk:goof:

I really dont mind waiting for a QB till next year. There is Alot within the draft next year have good potential from Quinn to Stanton (whom I wished came out this year I would of drafted him) to Chris Leak and onwards.

Next year is also a good WR draft to consider as well.

There is a possibility of 5-6 1st round quality QBs easily and 10-15 1st day QBs. Next year is a draft for QBs to remember.

This year is a draft for OLB, Tackles, Safety, CB (in the 2nd and 3rd specially), OG

There is alot of talent that we can use for our needs that arent big "position players" but could come in and be impact players for us.

I would rather take an impact player then pluck up another player.

Would you really pass up a Ko Simpson Safety that could come in and be a big time hitter which helps and is key to the defensive system we run?

Or a Manny lawson whom has the abilities and build exactly like Jason Taylor, perfect for our system.

How about one of the Franchise possible left tackles that might be there in the 2nd round instead of getting Croyle or Jacobs whom might be alright QBs.

That is just a few of the guys that hold talent this year and great for our system.

The more I think of it the more I think we might even pass on Cutler.

ckparrothead said:
By the way FinFan54, that "Ferguson got used by Tamba Hali in the 2nd half of the Senior Bowl" observation is just flat out stupid my friend. How can Tamba Hali, the NORTH defensive MVP defensive end, have abused D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who played for the NORTH.

Good lord man, did Tamba go into the locker room and suit up for the South a few plays while I wasn't paying attention?

:lol: OWN3D

Finsfan79 said:
You know every day we will hear start cutler talk:goof:

I really dont mind waiting for a QB till next year. There is Alot within the draft next year have good potential from Quinn to Stanton (whom I wished came out this year I would of drafted him) to Chris Leak and onwards.

Next year is also a good WR draft to consider as well.

There is a possibility of 5-6 1st round quality QBs easily and 10-15 1st day QBs. Next year is a draft for QBs to remember.

This year is a draft for OLB, Tackles, Safety, CB (in the 2nd and 3rd specially), OG

There is alot of talent that we can use for our needs that arent big "position players" but could come in and be impact players for us.

I would rather take an impact player then pluck up another player.

Would you really pass up a Ko Simpson Safety that could come in and be a big time hitter which helps and is key to the defensive system we run?

Or a Manny lawson whom has the abilities and build exactly like Jason Taylor, perfect for our system.

How about one of the Franchise possible left tackles that might be there in the 2nd round instead of getting Croyle or Jacobs whom might be alright QBs.

That is just a few of the guys that hold talent this year and great for our system.

The more I think of it the more I think we might even pass on Cutler.

I was referring to the opposite. First sign of trouble they will break out the BUST and "I told you so" threads like no other. Too many people on this board want instant gratification.

ckparrothead said:
By the way FinFan54, that "Ferguson got used by Tamba Hali in the 2nd half of the Senior Bowl" observation is just flat out stupid my friend. How can Tamba Hali, the NORTH defensive MVP defensive end, have abused D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who played for the NORTH.

Hali abused one of the south OL and yes Fergusan got beat on a play as well.

BUT, You can NEVER EVER EVER judge Offensive line on an all star game. That is like lighting an m80 and counting to 1 minute before throwing.

You will end up losing every time.

Offensive line need to grow together and have trust in one another, they work together as one (good offensive lines to). They do not come in and join together and just play like that. It is a bad bad idea to judge an Offensive lineman like that for the north or south. Look at their practices and get an opinion there.

SpeedRush99 said:
I was referring to the opposite. First sign of trouble they will break out the BUST and "I told you so" threads like no other. Too many people on this board want instant gratification.

I know I was totally agreeing with you. They will demanding him to start then will jump all over him when he messes up as well. They will call out that he is the next Feely.

A QB finally becomes good in the 3rd year he is in the system. So expect him to have a year or two of growing pains IF we draft Cutler.

Finsfan79 said:
Hali abused one of the south OL and yes Fergusan got beat on a play as well.

BUT, You can NEVER EVER EVER judge Offensive line on an all star game. That is like lighting an m80 and counting to 1 minute before throwing.

You will end up losing every time.

Offensive line need to grow together and have trust in one another, they work together as one (good offensive lines to). They do not come in and join together and just play like that. It is a bad bad idea to judge an Offensive lineman like that for the north or south. Look at their practices and get an opinion there.

For the record, Ferguson got beat on one play the entire game, by Mark Anderson on an inside move.

The only times I've seen Ferguson beaten (once in a blue moon) are on inside moves when he jumps out too aggressively on a defensive end and doesn't display a good inside post leg. When your lone weakness is able to be isolated that finely, you tend to be able to cover it up.

ckparrothead said:
By the way FinFan54, that "Ferguson got used by Tamba Hali in the 2nd half of the Senior Bowl" observation is just flat out misguided my friend.

How can Tamba Hali, the NORTH defensive MVP defensive end, have abused D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who played for the NORTH.

F

:sidelol:

L

M

A

O

ckparrothead said:
For the record, Ferguson got beat on one play the entire game, by Mark Anderson on an inside move.

The only times I've seen Ferguson beaten (once in a blue moon) are on inside moves when he jumps out too aggressively on a defensive end and doesn't display a good inside post leg. When your lone weakness is able to be isolated that finely, you tend to be able to cover it up.

I was actually agreeing with you. Personally, I would sell my right arm to have D'Brickshaw upon the dolphins (fingers and all). I think he is the best Offensive lineman to come out in the past 5-6 years.

I hated watching him play the Canes. The next lineman like him to come out will be sam young in 3 years.

Finsfan79 said:
I know I was totally agreeing with you. They will demanding him to start then will jump all over him when he messes up as well. They will call out that he is the next Feely.

A QB finally becomes good in the 3rd year he is in the system. So expect him to have a year or two of growing pains IF we draft Cutler.

Exactly, but patience is rare around here.

Finsfan79 said:
I was actually agreeing with you. Personally, I would sell my right arm to have D'Brickshaw upon the dolphins (fingers and all). I think he is the best Offensive lineman to come out in the past 5-6 years.

I hated watching him play the Canes. The next lineman like him to come out will be sam young in 3 years.

Oh I know, just adding that I'm not judging Ferguson based on the Senior Bowl. I've seen a few games of his now.

Yes, I agree with you...I'd sell a body part for Ferguson. Right now I have him rated as the best player in this draft. While we're caught up in the chances of whether Leinart, Young, Cutler, and Bush are for real or phonies, there's really only one certainty to me and that is that Ferguson is NOT a phony. The day he gets drafted he becomes one of the top 5 or top 8 pass protectors in the NFL, if you ask me. He's the eraser, and the scary part is the prospect that he'll get BETTER.

ckparrothead said:
Right now I have him rated as the best player in this draft. While we're caught up in the chances of whether Leinart, Young, Cutler, and Bush are for real or phonies, there's really only one certainty to me and that is that Ferguson is NOT a phony. The day he gets drafted he becomes one of the top 5 or top 8 pass protectors in the NFL, if you ask me. He's the eraser, and the scary part is the prospect that he'll get BETTER.

I agree

Ferguson is a super blue chip pass protecting left tackle. He owns pass protection. His run blocking needs work, but he's an All Pro in the making

Back
Top Bottom