Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler or Cromantie & Jon Scott?

ckparrothead said:
Oh I know, just adding that I'm not judging Ferguson based on the Senior Bowl. I've seen a few games of his now.

Yes, I agree with you...I'd sell a body part for Ferguson. Right now I have him rated as the best player in this draft. While we're caught up in the chances of whether Leinart, Young, Cutler, and Bush are for real or phonies, there's really only one certainty to me and that is that Ferguson is NOT a phony. The day he gets drafted he becomes one of the top 5 or top 8 pass protectors in the NFL, if you ask me. He's the eraser, and the scary part is the prospect that he'll get BETTER.

I agree completely, that is why It scares the crap out of me that the Jets might end up with him. Why couldnt he of came out last year? We would of drafted him in a heartbeat at number 2. Then we could of had ricky running behind him right now. Perhaps not as special as ricky and ronnie. But I would take a franchise Left Tackle over a franchise RB anyday of the week. (but I am a lineman buff).

Well, I try not to speculate.

As things stand if the Phins manage to trade Ricky to Denver for pick #29 or to Indy for pick #30, they could use that to move up to #5 or #6 where the speculation is we'll look to see if Cutler falls that far and take him. Green Bay and Oakland have not expressed interest in trading down so far, but the Jets have.

If Cutler goes to Tennessee at #3, as I currently predict he will, Miami would be wise to pull a maneuver anyway, trade up to pick #4 and take Ferguson so that he doesn't go to the Jets.

ckparrothead said:

As things stand if the Phins manage to trade Ricky to Denver for pick #29 or to Indy for pick #30, they could use that to move up to #5 or #6 where the speculation is we'll look to see if Cutler falls that far and take him. Green Bay and Oakland have not expressed interest in trading down so far, but the Jets have.

If Cutler goes to Tennessee at #3, as I currently predict he will, Miami would be wise to pull a maneuver anyway, trade up to pick #4 and take Ferguson so that he doesn't go to the Jets.

If we could do that I would be a very very happy man. But we shall see, I love the draft, 2 1/2 more weeks for the combine :)

ckparrothead said:

As always CK, you are right on the money!!
I would love that scenario. Ferguson as our LT would just be amazing!

Finsfan79 said:
I agree completely, that is why It scares the crap out of me that the Jets might end up with him. Why couldnt he of came out last year? We would of drafted him in a heartbeat at number 2. Then we could of had ricky running behind him right now. Perhaps not as special as ricky and ronnie. But I would take a franchise Left Tackle over a franchise RB anyday of the week. (but I am a lineman buff).
Yeah but they have Tony Wise as an oline coach. He can ruin ANY lineman! :D

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom