Jay Fiedler - 126.62 QB rating | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler - 126.62 QB rating

Jay did look pretty damn good today however if he could hit the guys in stride more often YAC will be greatly improved. It seemed as though a guy would be wide open and have to stop or dive to catch the ball. Yeah I'm being picky but think of the possibilities.

Lmao what is it with dolphin fans ....we win big ..going away and nothing but a bunch of whinning ?? Damn people ! rejoice ! we just won our first game of the season in impressivew fashion!! The ONLY bad from this game is losing Madison ...hope he is back for indy..we will need him much more against payton manning then we did against the lions q.b.'s...Awesome win!

Jay didn't throw two picks. But, the fact that he was throwing balls into the arms of defenders makes me think that once again Fiedler will probably throw a good amount of INTs. But thats fine because ints do not hurt us as badly as overall offensive ineptitude. As long as guys like Ricky, Robert, McMichael, Chambers, Konrad, and Gadsden are hitting on all cylinders...well, we'll be fine even if Fiedler throws another 15 INTs or so this year.

I agree the run defense wasn't perfect after the 1st half, but then again we were running away with the game and I'm sure there were a few complacency issues. I'm also nearly sure (I'd have to consult with game tape to be absolutely sure) that in the 3rd and 4th quarter we probably took both Bowens and Chester out of the game fairly often.

We're not the Rams. The Rams are high flying and susceptible to breakdowns that result in losses like today's 23-16 offensive debacle. They have a history of being able to be intimidated and have the wheels fall off against good d-coordinators. The Colts with a healthy Edgerrin James were a better offense.

We're not the Rams. But maybe, just maybe...we can be the 1999 Redskins. Very similar. The Skins had the better OL, but we have the better WRs and TEs. The RBs are probably a tossup...as is the QB. They scored a lot of points.

And so shall we.

Nice game for us all around...I believe it's the 5th most pts scored on opening day.

Scary part is if we kept the starters in we may have scored more. I wonder if the Lions D is really THAT bad? I mean they've got great safeties, a great LBer in Chris Claiborne, another good one in Barrett Green...and their DL is top notch.

I hope they aren't that bad because then that means we're that good.

Muck/ My VCR pulled some BS on me too!! Everyone this was just about as good as it gets!! Our offense is actually fun too watch!! Our days of being predictable are over !! Let's just enjoy the win for today!! We deserve it. Maybe we can stop ripping Jay for a week. Bottom line 3 T.D.s/ 0 Picks/ 49 points/ a route!!! Anybody that can get me a copy of the game I'd appreciate. E-Mail me at BSQX4@aol.com. If I was Indy I'd be a little intimidated looking at this game film. Didn't we break Mannings face last year?

I think he played very well. J. Fiedler is a good QB when he's not forcing the ball into double coverage, and making stupid decisions. He's got a lot more weapons this year, and in N. Turners' offense, he'll get to use all of them....

Our OL played very solid today IMO. They were able open up some nice holes, and we did very good running outside as well. I think once these guys get more comfortable on the OL, we'll be in very good shape.....

We played our game on offense today. It was impressive to say the least, but it's important to stay focused as well.....

The Bills could be back in the mix this year. They look hungrier than I expected them to be....

Great Game!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

He sucks...

... cut him, I'm tired of him making Lucas look so bad! ROFL!

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Struggled with accuracy early on. But bounced back. These are the kinds of numbers Norv Turner's offense will produce. Especially when the run game is working. Lots of YAC.

18/27..207 yds...3 TDs...0 INTs

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

... no he didn't and there's a reason defensive guys play defense. THEY CAN'T CATCH THE BALL! If they could they would be WR's, HB's or TE's.

Oliver...

Originally posted by clayton83
jay threw 2 pics. both weere dropped.

some great things for sure in this game, but some bad also.

the good? norv's knock 'em out playcalling. ricky running hard. chambers looking like the real mccoy, [if fiedler would quit missing him]. mcmichael is one bad mutha [shut yo mouth]!!

the bad? our defense isn't looking good. had this been the jets, we would have been in big poop. they almost had a nother huge over the middle pass play at the beginning. they converted a lot of big 3rd downs. why they didn't pick on fletcher is beyond me. he let one guy get open long, then had that interfearance penalty when he was gonna get beat again. should have had more sacks. they held a lot, but we missed alot to. very shoddy tackling in this one.

can't argue with points. but this was detroit folks. and we should put a hurting on those kind of teams. if we can do this to the jets, and the colts, and the bears, etc...... then we have something. we have a lot to prove, and a long season ahead, but frankly, our defense is a concerne right now.

:monkey: on the jets!!

What is this bashing Jay even when he has a great day? My gosh, you all just just can't be satisfied. 2 INTs, show me where they appear in the stats? This was the season opener bro, you can't expect a perfect game from a player the whole season, let alone the season opener......

Hey guys I think Jay was Great today. We won Big and I'm very happy about it. I'm just saying that if our wide open receivers didn't have to stop or dive we could be better. Isn't getting better a key ingredient to having a successful season. Maybe with more time and confidence under his belt Jay will start hiting guys in stride next week. That will be a good test especially if Madison doesn't play. It may be necessary for the fins to score a lot of points against Indy.

Jay will get better as the season rolls on. 3 TDs a day keeps the bench way far away!!!!!

Dolfans will never agree on Jay

Originally posted by BMarion31
What is this bashing Jay even when he has a great day? My gosh, you all just just can't be satisfied. 2 INTs, show me where they appear in the stats?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the blatant obvious.
Actually he threw 3 balls right to Lions Defenders but one was taken away by a fantastic McMichael catch. (what a steal he was in the draft!) I don't think anyone is going to Jay bash until people start posting all this Jay is the man crap. He'll never be great or even good on most occasions but the point is that he is adequate enough to run Norv Turner's offense. The offense that will make Jay look good and our good to great players ( Chambers, Williams, McMichael, etc.) look even better.

Talking with another fan at the game I mentioned that I hadn't seen the Fins put up this many points in forever. He mentioned that it's only the Lions.....

That's true but, It's not that they beat the Lions or put up 49 points on the Lions that's encouraging to me. What is extremely exciting is that Norv Turner was willing to stay aggressive with the play calling even though we were ahead by a couple of scores. How many times in the past 5-10 years have you had a heartattack watching the Fins squeak out a win or lose in the last minutes of a game because they decided to sit on a 7 or 10 point lead? I remember countless games..... they'd get a 2 score lead and it's run left, right, up the middle.... punt. It was great to see them not just beat but to bury a lesser opponent like Detroit. The Fins haven't done that for years but apparently they will now! Norv Turner is a hell of a coach and he is going to make the difference for us this year... along with Ricky of course.

Go Fins baby!

BS...

... where has anyone said that Jay is the man, and why can't they say that? Jay has been a starter for 3 years and had a 120+ QB rating with 3 TD's today, make sense will you?

I think anyone that has a problem with Jay Fiedler being the starting QB needs to go support another team or start to deal with it. You all obviously have a huge problem dealing with relaity, Dan Marino is retired.

By the way Jay was GREAT today, the entire offense was GREAT today, sorry you missed it. Putting up 49 points (42 of those points were offensive TD's) on a NFL team is nothing not to be proud of, period.

Wake up will you.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the blatant obvious.
Actually he threw 3 balls right to Lions Defenders but one was taken away by a fantastic McMichael catch. (what a steal he was in the draft!) I don't think anyone is going to Jay bash until people start posting all this Jay is the man crap. He'll never be great or even good on most occasions but the point is that he is adequate enough to run Norv Turner's offense. The offense that will make Jay look good and our good to great players ( Chambers, Williams, McMichael, etc.) look even better.

Talking with another fan at the game I mentioned that I hadn't seen the Fins put up this many points in forever. He mentioned that it's only the Lions.....

That's true but, It's not that they beat the Lions or put up 49 points on the Lions that's encouraging to me. What is extremely exciting is that Norv Turner was willing to stay aggressive with the play calling even though we were ahead by a couple of scores. How many times in the past 5-10 years have you had a heartattack watching the Fins squeak out a win or lose in the last minutes of a game because they decided to sit on a 7 or 10 point lead? I remember countless games..... they'd get a 2 score lead and it's run left, right, up the middle.... punt. It was great to see them not just beat but to bury a lesser opponent like Detroit. The Fins haven't done that for years but apparently they will now! Norv Turner is a hell of a coach and he is going to make the difference for us this year... along with Ricky of course.

Go Fins baby!

Back
Top Bottom