Jay Fiedler situation... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler situation...

Originally posted by jbond
And speaking of hitting people in stride and WR's......didn't JF tag Chambers several times in games for 3rd and 7/8.....right on the numbers......just to have him drop the freaking pass? (granted those aren't "deep" balls)

Thanx for the example....I stand corrected.....NOT !!!

your guessing but isn't funny you can't remember

let's see....first we have no running game for years....now we have no passing game.....but for whatever reason...Jay is still 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6..........plus although I won't the previous season on Lucas's shoulders (although he did have a better QB rating then BG...lol)....aw hell....here we go again.....

Yes here we go again....

Jay was responsible for the Dolphins winning seasons..... :rolleyes:

I'll say it again and again and again until someone can understand this concept.

Any team.... Any team at all has weak points and strong points.
A Super Bowl team has weak points and strong points.
See Trent Dilfer on the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens.
He isn't even a starting QB anymore correct?
Yet he won a super bowl.

The Dolphins..... not Jay.... compiled the 11-5, 11-5, 10-6 and 9-7 records. IMO those wins were in spite of him and not because of him.

We will all see how great Jay is on his new team.
Let's come back to this discussion then and compare notes....
It should be a real hoot!

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Of course getting rid of Fiedler won't fix everything.
However it's one BIG problem in the middle of everything that needs fixing before the organization can be running on all cylinders again.

An opinion that will prove itself is when Jay leaves here and flounders with whatever team he signs with. That will prove what many of us here have been saying for years.

Jay was a waste of time.

U sound like one of those do-it-yourselfers that take a car apart only to find out that the battery was dead!LOL

let's see....first we have no running game for years....now we have no passing game.....but for whatever reason...Jay is still 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6..........plus although I won't the previous season on Lucas's shoulders (although he did have a better QB rating then BG...lol)....aw hell....here we go again.....

Your right it was all Jay :rolleyes: Our defense has been winning games not are offense look at the last Buffalo game.

This will go on and on because everyones opinion differs. In spite of Jay...................come on now, thats laughable. Because of Jay isnt the whole story either, but in spite of him is just way off! The D was to blame in some cases as well. We almost beat Philly in spite of the D..................Now, is that fair.............no, its not..................but its the truth!

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

Your right it was all Jay :rolleyes: Our defense has been winning games not are offense look at the last Buffalo game.

Then explain to me Lucas and Griese? If the D is the only reason the Dolphins ever won a game with Jay how come those 2 were so AVG as far as win/loss?

Oliver...

They wont...............Cause they cant....................It doesnt fit their description. The culprit wore black shoes and a brown glove, not a black glove and brown shoes!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
They wont...............Cause they cant....................It doesnt fit their description. The culprit wore black shoes and a brown glove, not a black glove and brown shoes!

I'm with you man. I'm not sure why some ppl have to try and blame just one player in a team sport. It just boggles the mind sometimes.

Jay had his chance, and he needs to go if possible. But if he's here for whatever reason he has proven he can win games. It won't be the end of the world.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
I hate Griese. He can have another beer and trip over his dog for all I am concerned.

I like Jay Fiedler because of his intangibles. I just don't think he was ever told to go out and win games. He was restricted, the O was restricted, and the O line was horific. Try hitting someone in perfect stride when Wade Smith is protecting your blind side, your Center is old enough to be your Grandad, and your left knee is unstable.

That said Fiedler's days are numbered. If he comes back it will only be for one more year.

Oh by the way, did I mention Griese Sucks.

There was a good reason why Fiedler was "never told" to go out and win games. That answer is pretty obvious!! :lol:

Originally posted by ohall

I'm with you man. I'm not sure why some ppl have to try and blame just one player in a team sport. It just boggles the mind sometimes.

Jay had his chance, and he needs to go if possible. But if he's here for whatever reason he has proven he can win games. It won't be the end of the world.

Oliver...

True that! Thats all I've tried to say!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

U sound like one of those do-it-yourselfers that take a car apart only to find out that the battery was dead!LOL

Thankyou for the insightful counterpoint!

:goof:

Keeping Jay Fiedler in the roster is our best choice in my opinion. Specially if we draft a young quarterback. Not only is Fiedler a great teacher but he has learn plenty of offenses.

The O was restricted because Fiedler couldn't do the rest of the things needed to open the playbook.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Thankyou for the insightful counterpoint!

:goof:

Oh my bad..............u had a point?LOL! J/k man, Im at work, I know some of my posts lack depth.....................forgive me!

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Keeping Jay Fiedler in the roster is our best choice in my opinion. Specially if we draft a young quarterback. Not only is Fiedler a great teacher but he has learn plenty of offenses.

Very true..

Jay Fiedler would probably become coach in the near future since he has some experirence at it already.

Back
Top Bottom