Jay Fiedler situation... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler situation...

yep the oline was fine, but what good is it when Norval in all his infinite wisdom calls 3 or 4 passing plays in a row at his own 2! Neither the Oline or the Qb can be blamed for that!

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
what about the year before.....the oline was fine

i see it more as shaq is fiedler........and danny ferry is the fans of the dolphins

Oline was fine while Dixon was healthy last year but pass blocking is something oline has struggle last couple of years.Only reason low numbers of sack because Jay ablity to feel rush and scramble.If you think Jay is the main problem than your bias opionated post is far from truth.The Dolphins could use an upgrade at the position but offensive line and WR are ares that need immediate attention.

our wide recievers are fine.........granted o-line is as important as fiedler.........but can we upgrade just one? NO both must be addresed and i hope marino knows this (which im sure he does)

fiedler is gone...he is not a respectable qb and i cant see marino letting it slide another year

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
our wide recievers are fine.........granted o-line is as important as fiedler.........but can we upgrade just one? NO both must be addresed and i hope marino knows this (which im sure he does)

fiedler is gone...he is not a respectable qb and i cant see marino letting it slide another year

Our WR are fine?

speaking of the other year.....wasn't Lucas 2-4 starting? Now...I know Jay has had a history of problems....and I know Lucas didn't play against NE or the Vikings......but.......aw hell......whatever...

you're right on track minus,

1) O-line
2) WR
3) QB
4) our future..........

sure are WR's are fine....in the Hellen Keller School....

edit:....uh......no harm intended but it sometimes appears as though our WR's can't run, catch, or see a ball coming.....

I'll just say its a mixture of things and hopefully the front office and the coaching staff can fix it. But it wont be fixed just because Fiedler gets nixed....................................thats a fact! Or is that an opinion that will prove itself!

I hate Griese. He can have another beer and trip over his dog for all I am concerned.

I like Jay Fiedler because of his intangibles. I just don't think he was ever told to go out and win games. He was restricted, the O was restricted, and the O line was horific. Try hitting someone in perfect stride when Wade Smith is protecting your blind side, your Center is old enough to be your Grandad, and your left knee is unstable.

That said Fiedler's days are numbered. If he comes back it will only be for one more year.

Oh by the way, did I mention Griese Sucks.

And speaking of hitting people in stride and WR's......didn't JF tag Chambers several times in games for 3rd and 7/8.....right on the numbers......just to have him drop the freaking pass? (granted those aren't "deep" balls)

Originally posted by Brad528
Jay played alot better the Griese did last year plus griese would want more. If jay had a better line he could have played better.

Where were all you guys when Jay was playing behind a line that was doing just fine.
Last year was the first year we really had an OL problem meanwhile Jay was still struggling in years past with a good OL????

Just the latest excuse in 4 years full of excuses for a catastrophically inconsistent QB.

Time for Jay to pack up and go.

let's see....first we have no running game for years....now we have no passing game.....but for whatever reason...Jay is still 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6..........plus although I won't the previous season on Lucas's shoulders (although he did have a better QB rating then BG...lol)....aw hell....here we go again.....

Ok ... the talk of Fielder "sucking" or being "football cancer" is ridiculous exaggeration.

That said, I found it very telling that in his opening press conference, neither new offensive coordinator Joel Collier nor assistant HC/QB coach Mark Trestman mentioned Jay Fiedler's name once. Not once. Ricky, Rob, Randy, Chris ... all were mentioned by name.

Fiedler will not be starting for the Fins next year, if he is on the team at all.

And this comes from someone who has historically lived on the "Jay hugger" side of the aisle. :)

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
I'll just say its a mixture of things and hopefully the front office and the coaching staff can fix it. But it wont be fixed just because Fiedler gets nixed....................................thats a fact! Or is that an opinion that will prove itself!

Of course getting rid of Fiedler won't fix everything.
However it's one BIG problem in the middle of everything that needs fixing before the organization can be running on all cylinders again.

An opinion that will prove itself is when Jay leaves here and flounders with whatever team he signs with. That will prove what many of us here have been saying for years.

Jay was a waste of time.

the only team that would sign him as a starter is arizona or the bears.......maybe

Back
Top Bottom