Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jays good but can't take us to SB

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Jays good & can take us to SB

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Jays good but needs to be replaced

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
I believe he's good enough to help win games, and in time a Super Bowl. He is one of the reasons the Dolphins were able to win so many games before Ricky arrived. I sure as heck think he can HELP win more games with Ricky and an improved road D.

Oliver...

As long as Jay can keep himself from giving the games to the other team, we'll do fine. But if he starts F'ing up a game really bad, I hope Dave doesn't hesitate to throw Griese in there IMMEDIATELY.

We should cut McM.

He dropped 3 passes during the Giants game.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by inFINSible
I saw Patrick Ramsey over throw a wide open L.Coles from 2 yards out with the game on the line....Sh*t happens!....Jay gets it done more often than not and that's not a bad deal.

I also saw Manning under throw Harrison more than TWICE this last Monday night. All QB's get second guessed, it's part of their position.

Oliver...

Originally posted by phinfan_1
Since theres been so much talk about Jay on this board lately I'd like see how the majority feel.

Lately?:sleep:

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

WHO'S BETTER FIEDLER OR KERRY COLLINS? WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE AS YOUR STARTING QB? BOTH QB'S HAD 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE. ONE QB ALMOST** THREW 3 INT'S AND ANOTHER QB DID*** THROW INT'S. :lol:

NOW I'M NOT SAYING JAY IS BETTER BY ANY MEANS, BUT LOOK WHO WON THE GAME. THIS ALMOST THREW A PIC GARBAGE IS NONSENSE. LETS TALK ABOUT FACTS AND WHAT HAPPEN, AND THE FACTS ARE JAY HAD 0 INTS AGAINST THE GAINTS AND PLAYED WELL ENOUGH TO WIN THE GAME.

ALL DOLPHIN FANS KNOW WE DON'T NEED A QB WITH 3OO YARDS PASSING BECAUSE WE HAVE THE DREADLOCK DEMON AND A STELLAR DEFENSE. WE DONT' HAVE THE RECIEVERS THAT GET OPEN TO HAVE 300 YARD PASSING GAMES BACK 2 BACK LIKE THAT. :eat:

Jesus! That was beautiful! That was Perfect! I couldnt have said it any better myself.

Originally posted by BizarroAndres

Jesus! That was beautiful! That was Perfect! I couldnt have said it any better myself.

:eat: geez, thanx;)

Well, we expect more, and I think we rightly SHOULD expect more than what Jay showed in the Giant's game. But, I'd have to echo the question; Just how FRICKIN' AWESOME were K. Collins and D. Bledsoe the last couple games. Sure wish we had some AWESOME rocket armed passers like those guys!!

Jay will bounce back, but he's prone to having brainfarts, and they come in spurts. Maybe the lucky near picks he threw last Sunday will be it for him for a while. I haven't seen him play that crappy in quite a while and expect him to improve.

People here need to face the facts:

Fact #1 - Jay Fiedler is a mediocre QB.

Fact #2 - So is Trent Dilfer - maybe even half a notch below Jay.

Fiedler can get it done if the rest of the team also gets it done. He's not going to win games all by himself. But he's not going to lose them that way either. He's just, you know, there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Rebar71
People here need to face the facts:

Fact #1 - Jay Fiedler is a mediocre QB.

Fact #2 - So is Trent Dilfer - maybe even half a notch below Jay.

Fiedler can get it done if the rest of the team also gets it done. He's not going to win games all by himself. But he's not going to lose them that way either. He's just, you know, there.

I'm not sure any of those are FACTS, they are for sure opinions though.

Oliver...

seems to me that we have to be able to throw 20 yards past the line of scrimmage effectively to soften up the box...........soften up the box......and ricky can run......stuff the box.....and then the 20 yard slants open up...........start giving greise some reps

Originally posted by pgsmelt
seems to me that we have to be able to throw 20 yards past the line of scrimmage effectively to soften up the box...........soften up the box......and ricky can run......stuff the box.....and then the 20 yard slants open up...........start giving greise some reps

Our entire passing game is a mess right now. If it's not Fiedler over throwing his WR's, it's his WR's dropping easy passes. If it's not either of those things it's our o-line getting beat and not allowing Fiedler to have the time to throw it further than 10 to 15-yards down field.

It's a mess, but it's not one mans fault, that's for darn sure.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I'm not sure any of those are FACTS, they are for sure opinions though.

Oliver...
Umm - yea - ok.

What is your definition of a mediocre QB then? Let's see if it fits.

I'm not saying he can't get it done. I'm not even saying I don't like the guy. I'm just saying that he's "middle of the pack." And I guess that's all you can ask for when you don't have a franchise QB. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Fiedler is his touch on the long ball - it's woefully inadequate. It's also the biggest reason our passing game isn't respected.

Back
Top Bottom