Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jays good but can't take us to SB

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Jays good & can take us to SB

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Jays good but needs to be replaced

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
There's too many choices for this poll. I voted he needs to be replaced despite being an average QB. But after adding the votes for yes or no to keep Fiedler it comes out to (as of right now)...

34 votes to keep Fiedler
29 votes to replace Fiedler

It appears we are divided on this one.

you know i have always been a jay supporter i think he gets the raw deal a lot of times. but if he looks terrible week in and out then dave has his insurance policy sitting on the sideline, but i dont think has been that bad, i think our offensive line has been terrible and the recievers keep dropping balls. besides chambers and mcknight we dont have many options to throw the ball, maybe mcknight needs to crack the starting line up cause derious thompson is not making an impact that we all that he would.

that being said im supporting jay or who ever is our starting qb.

wow full of yourself arent you? They cant handle the truth? Perhaps you cannot handle anything outside your made up reality. Try posting facts ifyou want to sway people. sorry that everyone does not value your OPINION as fact.

show me the FACT that says he is mediocre? You are the one who says it is fact YOU prove it. Fact is if it can be debated it is OPINION. That is my whole argument, IT IS NOT FACT BECAUSE YOU SAY IT. Yes me saying that fiedler can get it done is OPINION. You saying he csant is OPINION. There is no set criteria that says he is mediocre that proves beyond any doubt he is mediocre. It is all opinion and everyone has a right to theirs. I hate the posts that pass off opinions as a nondebateable fact , that is insulting.

I think Jay is an avg qb that is smart and a gritty. He is not a superstar, he will never be a favre, or culpepper and qbs like those, he will always be a system qb that will manage the game, but not take games over all by himself. MY OPINION

And we all know that opinions are like a**holes.

We all have them......

And they all stink!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Sherif
Where's Jay stinks but he can take us to the SB.

Give that man a cigar!:D

Tom Brady is all the proof anyone should need that the QB need not be great to win a SB. Jay is less accurate than Brady, but has better legs and both make good decisions most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Are we talking about McNight or McMike?

I mistook it for Mcnight I guess.

As far as that pass to McMike?

Sad when individual passes of his that are nothing more than what any starting QB is capable of stand out. What's sadder is he only has few each YEAR!

I think the last thing any of you want to do currently is brag about Fiedler's passing ability.

Passing the ball is his weakness, his best attribute is that he'll take a shot to the head. Great! That ought to get those guys out of the box huh?

Would you want a kicker whose weakness was kicking?

A RB that had trouble running

A WR that's tough but has stone hands?

No, what happens is those guys get cut and they have.

Meanwhile we put up with this situation from the most important position on the team.

Totally flawed philosophy.

Gosh I've really never seen someone be so wrong so much!

Jay's best attributes? His leadership and heart should be mentioned first. Second to that, is his playmaking ability....everyone has witnessed it. Every QB doesn't have it. Third, is his athletcism and passing skills.

All are characteristics of someone you'd want to win the big game with.
What stands out the most about Jay?? HE IS A PLAYMAKER!!
When the chips are down, he figures out a way to make something happen to keep a drive going or help score a touchdown.

All are characteristics of someone you'd want to win the big game with. HE IS A PLAYMAKER!!
When the chips are down, he figures out a way to make something happen to keep a drive going or help score a touchdown

Yeah like last year vs NE where he couldn't hit HALF of his passes including ANY of the last three when the game was on the line. Biggest game of his life and he disappeared. Yeah, he's a playmaker.

I'd like to see you go on some NFL boards and tell ppl he's a
playmaker

While you're at it bring the guy comparing JF to Aikman in the other JF thread with ya.

Y'all would be the biggest hit since Lewis and Martin.

Yeah like last year vs NE where he couldn't hit HALF of his passes including ANY of the last three when the game was on the line. Biggest game of his life and he disappeared. Yeah, he's a playmaker.

I'd like to see you go on some NFL boards and tell ppl he's a .

While you're at it bring the guy comparing JF to Aikman in the other JF thread with ya.

Y'all would be the biggest hit since Lewis and Martin.

It was still one game. Regardless of it being a big game, what cannot be discounted is his knack for making plays.
Fiedler has the ability to beat you with his arm or legs and a combination of both.
That is one of the main reasons why Dave and Norv believe he can win for the team. It is also why many teammates back him up.
As a fellow dolphin fan, you mean to tell me you don't notice this at all?? If Fiedler was as bad as you make him to be, Miami's locker room would have a deep split down it's center and the media would be all over it.

Wrong, he does NOT have the ability to beat you with his arm and THAT's the problem. And as a matter of fact he's not that great of a scrambler either, it's not like he's fast.

What impresses those of you that IMO appear to be clueless in your evaluations is that he WILL run and most QB's choose not to. That's because most don't have a noodle arm and absolutely NO pocket presence whatsoever.

We have a QB whose weakest attribute is throwing a football and that's the bottom line.

By the end of this season you Fiedler fanatics will be as quiet as those that once protected Fletch. And although no one would now admit it, it's basically the same group of ppl.

He most certainly did hit 2 WR's on that drive, but they dropped those passes. They weren't easy passes to catch, but they are paid to make those types of catches. If a ball hits a WR in his hands that a ball they should catch.

The entire team lost that game in New England. But again the D is paid 2/3rds of our cap and they had an 11 point lead with 4-minutes left in that game. A championship caliber D shuts the Pats down at that point. They did not, and IMO that's the main reason this team did not win in New England.

Oliver...

Wrong, he does NOT have the ability to beat you with his arm and THAT's the problem. And as a matter of fact he's not that great of a scrambler either, it's not like he's fast.

What impresses those of you that IMO appear to be clueless in your evaluations is that he WILL run and most QB's choose not to. That's because most don't have a noodle arm and absolutely NO pocket presence whatsoever.

We have a QB whose weakest attribute is throwing a football and that's the bottom line.

By the end of this season you Fiedler fanatics will be as quiet as those that once protected Fletch. And although no one would now admit it, it's basically the same group of ppl.
give it up, can't you see you're a minority here! :rolleyes:

I guess you haven't been watching much football outside of 1990, because most GOOD QB's are scrambling types of QB's. There are more of those types of QB than ever before. The NFL is heading that way.

Well if you're right about Fiedler we all lose. I hope you're wrong, and only because of that.

No one protected Fletcher, they simply had no reason to label him as bust before 3-years had past. If it makes your boat float to call negatives, more power to you.

Oliver...

He most certainly did hit 2 WR's on that drive, but they dropped those passes. They weren't easy passes to catch, but they are paid to make those types of catches. If a ball hits a WR in his hands that a ball they should catch.

Keep telling yourself that:rolleyes:

give it up, can't you see you're a minority here!

Yeah but it's a growing minority isn't it? Pretty soon this board will be more resemblant of the fans here in So Fl where Jay Fiedler is a bad joke.

I guess you haven't been watching much football outside of 1990, because most GOOD QB's are scrambling types of QB's. There are more of those types of QB than ever before. The NFL is heading that way.

Jay Fiedler is NOT a pocket passer, name ONE non pocket passer to EVER win a SB? Just ONE!

The scrambling QB fad is just that and if you'll take notice that fad is fading away and heading back to the pocket passer QB for the EXACT reason above.

No one protected Fletcher, they simply had no reason to label him as bust before 3-years had past. If it makes your boat float to call negatives, more power to you

What BS! You've been in as many Fletch arguments as you have Fiedler arguments and not only that, you were one of the LAST posters I saw on ANY board to continue to back him until just recently when you realized that you were all ALONE in your efforts and ppl started to laugh at you.

Fletch was a bad pick from the moment he was selected, some of us have the ability to see these things while most of you don't. Same goes for the Fielder argument and I expect you to come up with the same BS excuse after he crashes and burns as you just gave me for Fletch.

Tell me again that you weren't one of Fletch's BIGGEST supporters and I'll take the time to dig up some proof that you were.

In fact, MOST Fiedler fans did the same because of their homer glasses.

Like I said before, VH1 could do a Where are they now episode on them and by the end of this season they'll be doing one on you and the Jay Fiedler Protection Agency.

My nomination for 'safest answer of the year'

:lol: This thread is a debate that's gone on since Fiedler started in Miami and will continue until either he leaves or wins the Super Bowl. All I can say is he does his best and will take us as far as he can.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom