Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jays good but can't take us to SB

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Jays good & can take us to SB

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Jays good but needs to be replaced

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
He's throwing to Randy Moss. You don't think that has anything to do with how well that offensive unit is playing? What happened to Kurt Warner when Az-Zahir Hakim went to the Lions?

I suppose Chambers is holding Jay back :lol:

Yeah, Frerotte is throwing to Moss. Throws JF and us fans could only dream of. If JF could do that you wouldn't be losing this argument.

Hakim?

What happened to HIM when he went to Detroit? Yeah, I don't know either;)

You think everyone is better than Fiedler, including Ray Lucas. What's your point?

Actually I think they are BOTH mediocre back-up QB's.

But, if Lucas would have been given THREE YEARS of on the job training he could have been just as mediocre as JF and blown out in the first rd of the playoffs too.

And don't pin that Lucas crap on me, I hated the fact we signed Lucas, he was a Jets' reject and if they didn't want him why the hell did we. Pin that on DW

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

I suppose Chambers is holding Jay back :lol:

Yeah, Frerotte is throwing to Moss. Throws JF and us fans could only dream of. If JF could do that you wouldn't be losing this argument.

Hakim?

What happened to HIM when he went to Detroit? Yeah, I don't know either;)

Actually I think they are BOTH mediocre back-up QB's.

But, if Lucas would have been given THREE YEARS of on the job training he could have been just as mediocre as JF and blown out in the first rd of the playoffs too.

And don't pin that Lucas crap on me, I hated the fact we signed Lucas, he was a Jets' reject and if they didn't want him why the hell did we. Pin that on DW

Chambers is no Randy Moss. And I didn't ask what happened to Hakim, I asked what happened to Warner after Hakim had left.

Why would anyone give Lucas any more time than what he was given? Unlike Fiedler Lucas did not improve, he bombed after he had some small success in NY. If you think Lucas was as good as Fiedler then I believe that speaks volumes.

I'm not blaming a thing on you. Leave that chip some where else. Leave the past behind and I think we'll all get along.

Oliver...

Chambers is no Randy Moss. And I didn't ask what happened to Hakim, I asked what happened to Warner after Hakim had left.

Moss is the best in the league, we know this because he's had QB's that could get the ball down-field to him. If JF was his QB, just like Chambers we'd be wondering what he was capable of if we had a good QB.

And I know what you asked, fact is, when Hakim left Warner he disappeared off of the map as he was exposed not to be a #1 WR talent. The kiind of talent you're implying he had.

Why would anyone give Lucas any more time than what he was given? Unlike Fiedler Lucas did not improve, he bombed after he had some small success in NY. If you think Lucas was as good as Fiedler then I believe that speaks volumes

Read again, I don't want EITHER of them, never did.

I'm not blaming a thing on you. Leave that chip some where else. Leave the past behind and I think we'll all get along.

:sleep:

Get some new material

Anybody see Moss going up and making plays on passes that should have been by all rights picked off.

Having a reciever bail you out like that sure does help... Chambers isn't holding Jay back, but he's sure not helping like Moss does (and lets not even get into the pathetic job that our #2 WR is doing so far this year recieving), hell, I can toss the ball up in an arc and let Moss jumpball for it and come out for the better most of the time. Ferrote even admitted that he doesn't even have to throw on the mark and that all he has to do is sling it high and let Randy beat his man like a drum.

And I know what you asked, fact is, when Hakim left Warner he disappeared off of the map as he was exposed not to be a #1 WR talent. The kiind of talent you're implying he had.

I never implied any such thing. When AH left the Rams Warner lost his WR corps that played so well together. My implication was Warner had a GREAT set of WR's then, now they don't have that. Further Jay has never had that except for when Chambers was running wild in '01. It's no surprise Jay was the 6th best QB in YDS/ATT that year.

It takes the o-line, the QB, and the WR for the passing game to work. You need to understand, know that, and stop leaving that FACT out of your opinions of the Dolphins passing attack. When you leave that out it makes you come off as biased against the one player you constantly bash for a 3 part equation.

For someone that talks about only wanting to talk about football, you sure do your best to be sarcastic and to be insulting every chance you get. Maybe you should take you own advice, get some new material, and leave the past in the past.

Oliver...

I agree with just about everything jetssucksSr says about Fiedler. Man jetssuckSr you are good I want you as my lawyer.
Even though I agree with him theres nobody on this board that would like to see Jay win a SB more than me. He's the kind of guy I can't help rooting for, he just seems like a regular guy out there playing a hard as he can and thats whats cool about him. I'd like to have someone better but right now he's the starter and I hope he does well.

Wrong, he does NOT have the ability to beat you with his arm and THAT's the problem. And as a matter of fact he's not that great of a scrambler either, it's not like he's fast.

What impresses those of you that IMO appear to be clueless in your evaluations is that he WILL run and most QB's choose not to. That's because most don't have a noodle arm and absolutely NO pocket presence whatsoever.

We have a QB whose weakest attribute is throwing a football and that's the bottom line.

By the end of this season you Fiedler fanatics will be as quiet as those that once protected Fletch. And although no one would now admit it, it's basically the same group of ppl.

Actually, it is not about being a Fiedler fanatic.
It is really quite simple.
You choose to ridiculously over exaggerate all of Fiedler's mistakes and take them personal.
While other Dolphin fans realize that the QB we have will make mistakes, but not on the Ryan Leaf level you seem to claim his skills are on par with.

While you tend to "think" more fans are switching to your side, I think the opposite is true. The more you press forth with this fanatical personal beef with Fiedler, many fin fans will get fed up with the lunacy in some of your repetitive rhetoric and may decide they'd rather have a Ryan Leaf than be associated with your opinions.

Anybody see Moss going up and making plays on passes that should have been by all rights picked off.

Now you're tring to imply that Frerotte's passes are jump balls like JF's, that's not true. I realize the Jay fans have used the WR's as scapegoats for not fighting enough for Jay's poorly thrown, inaccurate passes but that crap is worn out and no one's buying that as an excuse anymore. They realize that's all Jay can do and that's not good enough.

While you tend to "think" more fans are switching to your side, I think the opposite is true. The more you press forth with this fanatical personal beef with Fiedler, many fin fans will get fed up with the lunacy in some of your repetitive rhetoric and may decide they'd rather have a Ryan Leaf than be associated with your opinions.

Better open your eyes then, what ppl see and are tired of is all these BS excuses made for a barely mediocre player. All you guys can do at this point is get personal. Typical fanatical behavior.

I agree with just about everything jetssucksSr says about Fiedler. Man jetssuckSr you are good I want you as my lawyer.

Why thank you:)

Re: My nomination for 'safest answer of the year'

Originally posted by Jaydog57
:lol: This thread is a debate that's gone on since Fiedler started in Miami and will continue until either he leaves or wins the Super Bowl. All I can say is he does his best and will take us as far as he can.:cool:
this is the best answer to all the doubters!;)

Now you're tring to imply that Frerotte's passes are jump balls like JF's, that's not true.

Minneapolis Star - Tribune:
"Moss, who missed two days of practice during the week because of back spasms, took a screen pass 22 yards on his first catch and then caught two jump-ball touchdown passes against single coverage before halftime."

Chris Mortensen:
"2. Randy Moss' jump-ball catches -- Moss made two jump-ball catches for the Vikings."

Gus Frerotte:
"Frerotte said, "You got a guy (6-4) and his arms reach about 11 feet, you just have to give him a chance to make a play and go up and take the ball."

Do you care to rephrase your above statement or should I post the other dozen sports columnists which described the TD's as jump balls?

Originally posted by Superself

The more you press forth with this fanatical personal beef with Fiedler, many fin fans will get fed up with the lunacy in some of your repetitive rhetoric and may decide they'd rather have a Ryan Leaf than be associated with your opinions.

That's the bottom line right there!

And just think the ultimate prize for all this is ZIP....ZERO....NADA!!!

You don't get any prizes for being right!

You aren't going to acsend to some mystical throne and preside over all those who disagreed.

You probably won't get much more than, " yeah, so you were right about that.....that doesn't mean you're right about everything." ....IF that!!

Besides,I'm pretty sure that NO ONE is EVER going to be proven right or wrong in this debate. Whether we win a SB or we miss the playoffs, the haters will have their opinions on how much Jay had to do with the win as I'm sure the supporters will have their opinions on how much jay had to do with a loss.

The only way this debate ever comes close to being settled is if Jay either loses 5 games in a row with 3 INTS in each game....or if Jay throws 5 TDs in a SB which Ricky is getting stuffed the whole game.....

Now, I know which one I think is more likely but, I would bet cold hard cash right now that neither one is ever going to happen.

It's not going to be black and white, it's going to be some shade of gray, which is why this whole tired debate will NEVER end.

So, if you're waiting for some kind of conclusion or vindication, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

God I wish I can call people out. Why is it that some people are called clueless because they see the good that Jay does, acknowledging the limitations, but see the whole picture, yet those that block out the good so only the bad shows up are intelligent? Go look in teh mirror you want to see clueless. Never makes passes to help us win games. Next you will be one of those morons that blame the Minn game on Jay. i have seen many do that as well. People always point to d stats last year as to take the blame for the NE game off the defense and put it on Jay, yet you contradict yourself by doing it, clueless is you, If the offense scores 24 points on teh road and gives an 11 point lead with under 4 minutes to go, wouldnt you think the #3 defense should be able to hold it? Jay played a good, not great, game until the drive at the 4 yd line. Tell me what he should have done with 7 men rushing all 3 downs and at least one coming untouched each play? Why did we call for 5 step drops in that situation? Jay doesnt call his own plays. Why no swing passes to get over the rush but is a high percentage pass thatw ould take time off teh clock? Many things factor into a play being successful and is not all qb related, play calling, blocking, open receiver, clock management.

Funny how we had the #3 ranked defense but the defense failed to make a single play in the last 2 games when we needed them to but yet they are exonerated from blame. Here is a question for you, what did our defense rank in November and December in road games? Think they were still 3rd?

Better open your eyes then, what ppl see and are tired of is all these BS excuses made for a barely mediocre player. All you guys can do at this point is get personal. Typical fanatical behavior.

Better open YOUR eyes and look at the poll here...:chuckle:

Do you care to rephrase your above statement or should I post the other dozen sports columnists which described the TD's as jump balls?

So what? Fact is, unlike JF not ALL of his passes are jump balls. Just like usual, the Jay fans have to put someone else down to make Jay look better.

God I wish I can call people out. Why is it that some people are called clueless because they see the good that Jay does, acknowledging the limitations, but see the whole picture, yet those that block out the good so only the bad shows up are intelligent? Go look in teh mirror you want to see clueless. Never makes passes to help us win games. Next you will be one of those morons that blame the Minn game on Jay.

Well I haven't implied anyone was a "moron" like you just did.:rolleyes:

Infin:

As you can see there are ppl that agree with what I've said so get off your high horse and quit making these ridiculous assumptions that I care about anything else other than the good of my favorite team. I'm here to discuss football and if you have nothing to say on the matter then keep the personal crap to yourself and just stay out of the way while the rest of us debate.

Thanks

JS

JSS, legend in his own mind. translation, because you say it, does not make it true. You are the one who cant take someone who has a diff opinion and state opinions as fact, and when those opinions are called out get upset. God this is and always will be the stupidest debate. Jay is what he is, and avg qb that will lead us to the bowl so long as the Team as a whole is playing well. Mr negativity can find another team if this one upsets him so much.

Back
Top Bottom