• Jays good but can't take us to SB

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Jays good & can take us to SB

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Jays good but needs to be replaced

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jetssuckSr

Now you're tring to imply that Frerotte's passes are jump balls like JF's, that's not true. I realize the Jay fans have used the WR's as scapegoats for not fighting enough for Jay's poorly thrown, inaccurate passes but that crap is worn out and no one's buying that as an excuse anymore. They realize that's all Jay can do and that's not good enough.

Did you watch those last 2 games? I did, and on nearly every TD pass to Moss, Moss was leaping up fully extending himself and snatching the ball away from a defender that was in position to steal it from just about any reciever in the league (except Moss, who is the only guy in the league that snatches passes like that.)

Even Gus admits it, and everytime they breakdown Moss' play after the game, everybody marvels at it.

Better open your eyes then, what ppl see and are tired of is all these BS excuses made for a barely mediocre player. All you guys can do at this point is get personal. Typical fanatical behavior.

Barely mediocre?

Thats much better thn what you have been saying.. if you came on here and said that "Jay is a Mediocre tarting QB, and next year we should see about upgrading the position." I would guess that you would get about 90% fewer negative responces. But thats not what you have been saying, so which is it?

No one is afraid of competition for Jay Fielder....As soon as another QB comes in and proves that they are better than Jay then, Jay will be replaced. It's as simple as that. He's our QB and constantly bashing him is not going to change that....If you could put your brain power into figuring out ways that we can win WITH Jay, I would be very interested in reading your opinion but, if you do nothing but, constantly bash him and give him no credit or whatsoever, your credibility is suspect at best.

Actually some ppl are worried about competition for him. They've made it obvious over the years by hating on anyone that might even be mentioned as a replacement.

Those questioning my credibility are either heavily biased in the opposite direction or fence-sitters like yourself. Hardly a call for me to be bothered I assure you. This crap has drug on for over 3 years now and if you haven't figured out where you stand I doubt you will by the time there's a change.

Concerning your continued berating of me, I'd like you to find yourself a mirror, after getting a good long look you can pass it to one of your cohorts that keep helping to perpetuate these offf-topic, thread cluttering posts.

You have had a problem with me since day one, with you being the one to initiate the exchanges in every case. Meanwhile I personally have never gone after you for any reason.

You don't like my opinions or my occassional retorts, this much is obvious. Try taking an un-biased eye and search through these threads. If you do so you will find that I have only been replying in kind, in the same spirit by which I am approached and in a less insulting tone than that which I recieve from some, including yourself.

You keep it going, Ollie sees a good chance to get in on it, the next guy and the next guy see the opportunity as well. Pretty soon the thread turns into nothing more than us going back and forth at each other with a little pinch of football for flavor. And that's just until it gets moved or locked.

Ollie and a few others can pretty much just keep screamin into the wind. As for you I think we might be able to get along if we kept it strictly football. I'm bored with wasting so much time with this useless banter and would rather not contribute to ruining threads with crap that most readers don't appreciate having to wade through.

Muck has been lurkin in these threads, snackin on popcorn with a big grin on his face. I'm also quite sure other mods have checked it as well just due to the title.

How about letting them deal with any violations if they see fit rather than being part of a civilian vigilante squad that feels compelled to police the board?

That would prevent the majority of the clutter and let these threads progress on topic.

I've made my points in this thread, see ya'll in another one.

Thanks

Actually some ppl are worried about competition for him. They've made it obvious over the years by hating on anyone that might even be mentioned as a replacement.

Those questioning my credibility are either heavily biased in the opposite direction or fence-sitters like yourself. Hardly a call for me to be bothered I assure you. This crap has drug on for over 3 years now and if you haven't figured out where you stand I doubt you will by the time there's a change.

Concerning your continued berating of me, I'd like you to find yourself a mirror, after getting a good long look you can pass it to one of your cohorts that keep helping to perpetuate these offf-topic, thread cluttering posts.

You have had a problem with me since day one, with you being the one to initiate the exchanges in every case. Meanwhile I personally have never gone after you for any reason.

You don't like my opinions or my occassional retorts, this much is obvious. Try taking an un-biased eye and search through these threads. If you do so you will find that I have only been replying in kind, in the same spirit by which I am approached and in a less insulting tone than that which I recieve from some, including yourself.

You keep it going, Ollie sees a good chance to get in on it, the next guy and the next guy see the opportunity as well. Pretty soon the thread turns into nothing more than us going back and forth at each other with a little pinch of football for flavor. And that's just until it gets moved or locked.

Ollie and a few others can pretty much just keep screamin into the wind. As for you I think we might be able to get along if we kept it strictly football. I'm bored with wasting so much time with this useless banter and would rather not contribute to ruining threads with crap that most readers don't appreciate having to wade through.

Muck has been lurkin in these threads, snackin on popcorn with a big grin on his face. I'm also quite sure other mods have checked it as well just due to the title.

How about letting them deal with any violations if they see fit rather than being part of a civilian vigilante squad that feels compelled to police the board?

That would prevent the majority of the clutter and let these threads progress on topic.

Thanks

I guess we'll CYA after the Dolphins next win. Till then stay safe!

Oliver...

Awwww, he left.. too bad, because then he could have seen this pic of a typical Moss TD catch (this one from last week)

clear.gif

If Jay had thrown this pass to Chambers covered like that people would have been in here crucifying him, but Guss chucks theese jumpballs to Moss and... well.. you get the picture.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Awwww, he left.. too bad, because then he could have seen this pic of a typical Moss TD catch (this one from last week)

clear.gif

If Jay had thrown this pass to Chambers covered like that people would have been in here crucifying him, but Guss chucks theese jumpballs to Moss and... well.. you get the picture.

Oh come on that pass wasn't that high. It couldn't be more than 8 or 9 feet in the air! :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
From what I've seen thus far Jay is below avg. I would like to see someone else get a chance. Jay did nothing against the Giants he had two weeks to watch film and learn the Giants weaknesses and still tryed to throw three INT's I dont understand why Dave is going to wait for Jay to lose games. With Ricky as a back and Konrad as a fullback,...Chambers,Thompson,McKnight,McMichele as receivers there is no reason we should struggle to score points plus Norv Turnner as our OC what is the one player that ties all these people together? Jay!!! LET SOMEONE ELSE PLAY!

Ditto !!

Originally posted by eckerdguy
I know Jay dosen't make the best throws all the time, but I recall many dropped passes by some players in the Giants game. Just cause we have a plethera of players that are good dosen't mean you can just blame Jay. He might make mistakes but he usually makes up for those mistakes at some point to win a game. Don't be so harsh cause no one could take us to the SB but him. You all thought lucas would be a great replacement, look how that turned out

NO ONE could take us but him???
Think you oughta edit that !!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

WHO'S BETTER FIEDLER OR KERRY COLLINS? WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE AS YOUR STARTING QB? BOTH QB'S HAD 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE. ONE QB ALMOST** THREW 3 INT'S AND ANOTHER QB DID*** THROW INT'S. :lol:

NOW I'M NOT SAYING JAY IS BETTER BY ANY MEANS, BUT LOOK WHO WON THE GAME. THIS ALMOST THREW A PIC GARBAGE IS NONSENSE. LETS TALK ABOUT FACTS AND WHAT HAPPEN, AND THE FACTS ARE JAY HAD 0 INTS AGAINST THE GAINTS AND PLAYED WELL ENOUGH TO WIN THE GAME.

ALL DOLPHIN FANS KNOW WE DON'T NEED A QB WITH 3OO YARDS PASSING BECAUSE WE HAVE THE DREADLOCK DEMON AND A STELLAR DEFENSE. WE DONT' HAVE THE RECIEVERS THAT GET OPEN TO HAVE 300 YARD PASSING GAMES BACK 2 BACK LIKE THAT. :eat:

That's only because our DBs have better HANDS !!! :lol:

Originally posted by Oliver
I believe he's good enough to help win games, and in time a Super Bowl.

Oliver...

In time? This is the year or he's gone. I doubt the fins would keep a mediocre qb for the cap he's gonna cost the fins next year. If he restructures maybe.

I think it's clear everyone has an opinion about this. An opinion is not a fact. Thx.

Oliver...

Given enough opinions, sooner or later at least one of them is bound to be a fact, yes?? :lol: :lol:

Thanks

I'm thinking that the hating that was done on anybody mentioned as a possible replacement, was done because said player was NOT seen as an upgrade. Sideways moves are not preferable to status quo. Like I said, as soon as somebody is brought in and out performs Jay then I'm sure you will have many people who share your opinion that Jay is not the best QB for this team....other wise there's no one else on the roster that inspires as much faith as Jay. Sad reality or not, it's still the reality.

As far as not knowing where I stand, how did you ever get that idea? I know exactly where I stand on this matter and while you may think that I am some fanatical supporter of Mr. Fiedler, that's not true...I am only a fanatical supporter of WHOEVER is playing behind center....Personally, a little part of me wanted to see Sage get some looks while Griese was out. Just out of curiosity really. But, still, if that had happened and SR was lights out....I would fully support Sage as our new QB because he came in and OUTPERFORMED Fiedler, not because I think Fiedler sucks.
I don't think the guy sucks. I respect him and admire the way he has handled the job and the criticism of the fans through out this whole ordeal. I think he personifies the perfect attitude of an NFL QB....I think he's a scrapper and a winner.....I only wish he had the physical abilities to match his heart. He would be a HOFer, if that were the case. But, it's not and he has limitations....most do. However, those limitations aren't akin to an NFL cripple. The man does have talent. He can throw a football better than 80% of the people on the planet....it's not as if he's floundering around leading the league in INTs and causing his team to lose.

I know where I stand alright... He's average and that's okay....they can't all be Dan...he just needs to be a part of this team and do what he can to HELP us win. I think he does that well considering the TEAM's record with him under center.

As far as the rest of your post goes.....I'll let it go on one condition......you admit one time that you could be wrong..just possibly... and without a "but,"... ;)

Nahhh, I'm done....I get your point. Peace.

Last edited:
Originally posted by justafan

In time? This is the year or he's gone. I doubt the fins would keep a mediocre qb for the cap he's gonna cost the fins next year. If he restructures maybe.

What do you care? Worry about your own team, seriously.

Yes in time, this being his 4th year, that being in time.

Oliver...

What do you care? Worry about your own team, seriously.

Yes in time, this being his 4th year, that being in time.

Oliver...

I do worry about my own team, doesn't mean I can't argue w/ your opinions regarding your team.

Originally posted by phinfan_1
Since theres been so much talk about Jay on this board lately I'd like see how the majority feel.

Ok which one of you made a mistake and clicked the Jay is Great button?

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom