Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Jays good & can take us to SB

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Jays good but needs to be replaced

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Rebar71

Umm - yea - ok.

What is your definition of a mediocre QB then? Let's see if it fits.

I'm not saying he can't get it done. I'm not even saying I don't like the guy. I'm just saying that he's "middle of the pack." And I guess that's all you can ask for when you don't have a franchise QB. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Fiedler is his touch on the long ball - it's woefully inadequate. It's also the biggest reason our passing game isn't respected.

I think it's clear everyone has an opinion about this. An opinion is not a fact. Thx.

Oliver...

lol

By asking for your "definition," I was asking for your opinion.

So what's your opinion on what makes a mediocre QB? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thx.

A Dolfan friend Oliver has answered this question before many times and I like his answer.

It's not Jay sucks or Jay is great.......it's who is out there right now that we can have that is better?

My answer to the poll question is similar......

Jay is good and we can't do better based on who is available and affordable (right now)

lol

By asking for your "definition," I was asking for your opinion.

So what's your opinion on what makes a mediocre QB? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thx.

You are missing the point. We both have opinions, that's what I said in the 1st place. None of those things you originally listed as FACTS are FACTS, they are opinions.

What my opinion of what makes a mediocre QB is not something I care to get into. I'm not going to debate that, so I don't see the point.

Oliver...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
A Dolfan friend Oliver has answered this question before many times and I like his answer.

It's not Jay sucks or Jay is great.......it's who is out there right now that we can have that is better?
I got that much from him - and I agree. To me, that sounds just like what I said - a mediocre QB. Oliver seems to disagree with me on the word "mediocre." So I'm curious what his "opinion" is of what makes a mediocre QB.

Originally posted by Oliver
What my opinion of what makes a mediocre QB is not something I care to get into. I'm not going to debate that, so I don't see the point.

Oliver...
I was just curious. I guess it's a touchy subject. Sorry.

Originally posted by BizarroAndres
Jay is the best QB for miami since the QB BEFORE Marino. There, I said it.

There should have been an option, "Great and will take us to the SB."
we don't need a QB to take us to the superbowl. marino did and look what happened. we need a group of players to play as a team and not just get to the superbowl, but win it!;)

I was just curious. I guess it's a touchy subject. Sorry.

No not touchy, it's just if we get into that it will just clog things up. I think Jay is a GOOD QB, because he has the potential to be a top 10 QB. Some agree, some disagree. It's all opinion, only time will show what reality is.

Oliver...

We should cut McM.

We should cut McM.

He dropped 3 passes during the Giants game.

He also made a HUGE play that was critical in our win and helped take the heat off of our offense for not being able to pass downfield.

I also saw Manning under throw Harrison more than TWICE this last Monday night. All QB's get second guessed, it's part of their position.

He also pulled off an incredible comeback against one of the best defenses in the league.

Comparing JF to QB's like Manning is ALWAYS a poor way to make your case. JF couldn't have done that if the Bucs had played with 8 players the whole 4th quarter.

Jay is good and we can't do better based on who is available and affordable (right now)

This kind of thinking is why we're in year FOUR of having a full roster of back-up QB's.

At this point we have nothing to lose, JF is NOT the guy. Give anyone a chance, what's the difference? Drafting a few places lower?

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

He also made a HUGE play that was critical in our win and helped take the heat off of our offense for not being able to pass downfield.

Who threw that pass to McM?

Oliver...

Are we talking about McNight or McMike?

I mistook it for Mcnight I guess.

As far as that pass to McMike?

Sad when individual passes of his that are nothing more than what any starting QB is capable of stand out. What's sadder is he only has few each YEAR!

I think the last thing any of you want to do currently is brag about Fiedler's passing ability.

Passing the ball is his weakness, his best attribute is that he'll take a shot to the head. Great! That ought to get those guys out of the box huh?

Would you want a kicker whose weakness was kicking?

A RB that had trouble running

A WR that's tough but has stone hands?

No, what happens is those guys get cut and they have.

Meanwhile we put up with this situation from the most important position on the team.

Totally flawed philosophy.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Are we talking about McNight or McMike?

I mistook it for Mcnight I guess.

As far as that pass to McMike?

Sad when individual passes of his that are nothing more than what any starting QB is capable of stand out. What's sadder is he only has few each YEAR!

I think the last thing any of you want to do currently is brag about Fiedler's passing ability.

Passing the ball is his weakness, his best attribute is that he'll take a shot to the head. Great! That ought to get those guys out of the box huh?

Would you want a kicker whose weakness was kicking?

A RB that had trouble running

A WR that's tough but has stone hands?

No, what happens is those guys get cut and they have.

Meanwhile we put up with this situation from the most important position on the team.

Totally flawed philosophy.

Yeah McK = McKnight and McM = McMichael, no biggie everyone makes mistakes.

Well Jay made that throw, he had time to make that throw so he did. When he didn't have time he couldn't.

Jay over all IMO had a bad game in NY this past Sunday. I'm not trying to argue with you, but there are very few ppl, at least that I've seen say anything other than that about his perfromace this past Sunday.

If we had a better QB believe me Fiedler would be gone. I know you do not agree with that assessment, but that is what the coaches obviously think. Jay is what we have, and that's just what we have to go war with. I'd love to upgrade the QB position, but we do not have the cap space to do that. The types of QB's so many of you want would change the balance of this team. I doubt we win more games that way.

Oliver...

IMO if Jay doesn't start hitting the long passes and stop overthrowing the receivers, BG will be starting soon. Wanny already placed him as the #2 QB. Even if he's not ready yet. That's gotta tell Jay something.

Personally, I hope he starts to play better. He knows the O better then anyone else and is one tough SOB when he tucks and runs.

Originally posted by gunn34
IMO if Jay doesn't start hitting the long passes and stop overthrowing the receivers, BG will be starting soon. Wanny already placed him as the #2 QB. Even if he's not ready yet. That's gotta tell Jay something.

Personally, I hope he starts to play better. He knows the O better then anyone else and is one tough SOB when he tucks and runs.
i really don't have an opinion one way or the other. sometimes jay gets me mad as hell, then sometimes its his receivers that make him look bad. like in the buffalo game. if McK had of turned and looked, he could have knocked that ball down and there wouldn't have been an INT.:(

Back
Top Bottom