Jay is a better qb than Feeley | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay is a better qb than Feeley

Mindwarp said:
:welcome: to the boards Jay.
That was funny as hell!! I like Jay but I want to see A.J. get a chance. After 2 int's in the first half, I wouldn't have been too confident with Jay in the 2nd half considering his 4th quarter rating.

dolphindan1970 said:
As for the INT that Feeley threw, how many times has it got to be said that it was Gordan who went the wrong way and caused the pick, it wasnt A.J's fault. Griese I beleive would have been better than Fieldler if he had got to start from scratch and had not been hurt, but even that doesnt matter. What matters is 4 years of Fiedler not making throws does. He has as many INT's over that time as touchdowns, plus his QB rating is not very good and terrible in the 4th quarter when it really matters most ! And big deal that Fiedlers record at QB was like 36-19, look at the team we have had on defense and offense and the guys that have went to the Pro Bowl. Our record should have been that and better if he had been any kind of a good QB at all. Zach,Ogun, Taylor, Seau,Surtain, Knight, Madison, Bowens, Chambers, McMicheal, Williams, and people are so proud of Fiedler with his record ? Come on, give me a break ! :lol:

I agree with you on the Griese issue, hopefully A.J won't have to suffer and will start out ok. I still think a trade of Fiedler to Tampa for Griese back and a draft pick sounds mighty nice. :tongue:

AEGBRG said:
I dont why everyone is so high on feeley right now. So far all that he has done was throw the int that pratically lost the game for us. Eveyone was like this last year when Griese was coming in. Everybody was saying how he was better than Fiedler and he ended up with a lower qb rating than lucas. So what if Fiedler threw 2 int's in the first half. Big deal. We were still only down by 7 points. qbs have thrown 2 ints in the first half before and rebounded fine in the second half. Feeley racked up most of his passing yards and touchdown pass when the Tennessee defense wasnt playing very hard anymore. Trust me when I say you wont be seeing the last of Jay this season. Im not saying he will take us to the super bowl or anything but we will get more wins with him than with feeley.
:eek: Are you kidding :shakeno: you know second hand smoke can make you go nuts :lol: oh my God :lol: Jay is obviously not the answer :yell:

we'll see soon who the better quarterback is, but we already know who the better passer is...

Besides Feeley had a better offseason...in his 1ST yeasr in this system
Fiedler didnt play as well after 4 years of starts

As for the Tennesee game, we all know who got 80% of the practice reps and sucked..
Feeley wasnt expected to play, yet came in for his first game as a dolphin 21 for 31.
Anyone who says their positive Feidler is the better QB has issues cuz Feeley hasnt even gotten a start yet. Jackel

Okay, I'm getting into this. What I say probably isn't going to be all that expected, though:

1) I hope AJ succeeds and this all goes away

2) I hope that all of you who have gone on record against Jay here realize that this will come back to haunt you if AJ fails utterly and Jay comes to the rescue like he did last year

3) I think Jay can take the right team to the Super Bowl. That said, I don't think he will get the chance because most teams seem to have considered and rejected the Ravens/Dolphins weak QB/good run offense/great defense plan for more of a balanced approach. This point boils down to basically Dilfer=Fiedler.

4) The dude who started this thread can't be Jay's mom because I'm supposed to be Jay's mom

5) The dude who started this thread can't be Jay because I'm supposed to be Jay

6) That means that calling this dude Jay or Jay's mom is decidedly not fresh

7) Those of you who still think Brian Griese was the better QB are beyond hope

8) I really frankly wish that those of you who respond to what you don't agree with by resorting to a personal attack virtually every time it happens would learn to express your opinions more constructively. Alternatively, I wish you would go away because you are not contributing to the discourse here.

GO FINS! DO US PROUD, AJ!

Edit to add:

9) Unknown or "potential" is not necessarily good. We don't know how Sage would do, but it seems that most of you understand suggesting that he gets a turn is folly. Same goes for Clint Stoerner and the kid they have selling beers up in section 227. Remember that there is more to your argument than just the potential/unknown element.

AJ will get his chance ..now we all know that NO ONE can compare to DAN .. so that whole thing is rediculous ...we were all happy with jay when he was winning games and we had a running back,and a terific defense...but of course he hasnt been great of late ..not sure why.. the problem again is finding good proven talent to replace him with...and AJ could be the one.. i just want to remember who called for his head if we are all wrong about AJ...love Jays heart and manner ... hate his throwing accuracy.. especially deep...Feely will show what he is made of sunday night .. i really think to debate this till then ,on what little we have seen of him,is completely premature on all our parts..there used to be a time that you had to play a whole game to have people form such strong opinions about the usefullness of the other Q.B.(s) on the team ..I think every team that doesnt make the playoffs or the super bowl want to call for the qb's head.and thats alot of teams ..lol Reserve Thy judgement on this guy till we actually see him play one game ?..ludicris!

Is that you Dave? Relax, you made the right choice. ( for once ) Now, about drafting Eddie Moore in the second round............

Go fins .. your arguement doesnt hold water .. most here will tell you one thing fiedler did was pick up his play in the second half of games and especially relating to his 4th quarter production ... he was very good in the fourth quarter. ANd jimmy you have a strange way of being right and wrong... you say you dont like guys making personal attacks .. but you slide one in at the end .."alterternatively I wish you would GO AWAY?because you are not contributing to the discourse here? that makes no sense.at all... even though i dont think thats what you MENT to say...there will always be discourse in these threads and you should know that... people are paaionate about this team and will respond in many different ways .. some very emoitonal .. and straight forward .. and others try to use their intellect to do the damage in a much more clorfull but equally degrading way.

badfoot said:
ANd jimmy you have a strange way of being right and wrong... you say you dont like guys making personal attacks .. but you slide one in at the end .."alterternatively I wish you would GO AWAY?because you are not contributing to the discourse here? that makes no sense.at all...

Two points:

- A response like "FUDGE YOU :fire: " does not contribute to the discourse. It is this sort of response that is a personal attack. The line between personal attack and debate is not always a bright one, but a good rule of thumb is to ask whether the debate is about the point or the person. If it's the point made, then that's not a personal attack. If it's about the person, it's a personal attack.

- Please note that I made it clear I was talking about people who respond that way as a matter of course when they don't agree and that I expressed a wish that they could learn to express their views in a more productive way before I suggested the alternative of leaving. I'm not trying to turn this into a bird watching society or any sort of elitist club. I'm also not suggesting that the people are bad -- I'm suggesting that their behavior is bad. That, to me, makes it a decidedly non-personal attack.

dude .. explain to me what you think discourse means.

badfoot said:
dude .. explain to me what you think discourse means.

As I was using it, discourse simply means conversation. The response quoted and others like it on this board from time to time do not contribute in any meaningful way to the conversations we have here.

Back
Top Bottom