Jay to have MRI!! There is HOPE!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay to have MRI!! There is HOPE!!!

"Please let him need a few weeks off to rest and recover PLEASE!!!"

be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. who knows how ready Griese is to step in and perform well at this point. from both his toe injury and relatively late signing, i am not real comfortable with a new QB at this point. continuity means something, and though im not Jay's biggest fan, i remember well what Lucas did last year in Jay's absence.

"I just hope everyone is prepared to give up on this season and hope for next year."

i wouldnt go that far, the D can still keep Mimai in almost every game, and Ricky is capable of breaking one on his own at any time...

There is one reason why the broncos are doing well. No Griese.

Be careful what you wish for. Fiedler is not a dominating qb, but he isn't losing games for the fins.

Without a Passing Game, Ricky will get 30 or more carries a game.

On pace to break Andersons Record. A Good Thing?

Not at all.

That is alot of wear and tear. Anderson went down the next season never to return to all pro form.

I have a bad feeling that Wanny will over use Ricky to get Wanny the wins, knowing that SB is not likely. This will cause Ricky to break down late this year early next year (When Wanny is gone).

Fin-atic, I have criticized Fiedler all year long, but please stop being so silly. To wish a player injury is BS.

Furthermore, our problems on offense go way beyond the QB. Our offensive line is horrible and Griese is as mobile as Marino after his 10 knee surgeries and torn achilles.

Ricky Williams has not been getting it done either- should we bench him and start Minor??

Don't get me wrong, I have come to the conclusion that Fiedler is mediocre at best, but Griese is not a proven winner like you claim! What has he won Fin-atic? A pro bowl appearance? Is that how you justify success?? Were the 9 Dolphins in the pro bowl last year successful? Has Griese ever won a playoff game with all pro recievers and rushers???
Stop being so blind, Fin-atic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MacAttack
Without a Passing Game, Ricky will get 30 or more carries a game.

On pace to break Andersons Record. A Good Thing?

Not at all.

That is alot of wear and tear. Anderson went down the next season never to return to all pro form.

I have a bad feeling that Wanny will over use Ricky to get Wanny the wins, knowing that SB is not likely. This will cause Ricky to break down late this year early next year (When Wanny is gone).

Another great post of pure fiction. We have played six games. List the ones that Ricky has carried 30 or more times?

Hopefully Fiedler will be alright. Although I think the quarterback play can be upgraded I don't know if Griese is the answer either. Neither Fiedler or Griese are known for their great arm strength. I would be as uncomfortable watching Griese throw a deep ball as I am Fiedler. We won't be able to do anything significant until the offseason. That being said I still think we're contenders this year.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Another great post of pure fiction. We have played six games. List the ones that Ricky has carried 30 or more times?

I said Will.

Will = Future

Not Past.

English Class anyone?

Originally posted by justafan

Be careful what you wish for. Fiedler is not a dominating qb, but he isn't losing games for the fins.

DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!

Leave it to a Bills fan to make more sense than some Dolfans.....I know you're not supposed to pin a loss on one player, but I'm sorry, it's really hard not to pin this one on Mare.....I don't care about the dirt infield, Wanny keeps talking about "using it to the team's infield", but I don't see how repeatedly missing field goals off it is using it to their advantage. Mare should have been practicing tons on it after the miss in the Buffalo game.....and then he misses two 35-yarders.....okay, the first one was blocked, but the kick was still low. Fiedler put this team in a position to win and Mare didn't come through. When you're the second-most accurate kicker in NFL history, you MAKE those kicks.

Originally posted by justafan

Wise Bills fans....Well either way I'll support the Dolphins starting QB and wish for them to succeed but hoping for an injury to your starting QB then you're just asking for bad karma.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Because it has nothing to do with the quarterback, it has to do with the O line and the play calling.

Believe what you want.

Norv Turner's offensive system has had no problems wherever it has gone. It is a good, aggressive scheme that relies on a stud running back and a QB that can stretch the field to keep the defense from focusing their entire gameplan on the RB.

Guess what..... we only have 1 part of the above equation.
Play calling IS IN FACT limited if you have glaring weaknesses that make calling certain plays a benefit for the other team instead of for your own team. Norv Turner I'm sure wants to open up his offense. Do you really think he wants to call 7 FB flare passes and run straight up the middle on a 3rd and 7 with the game on the line. I don't believe so.

Turner has an offense that can run like a Ferrari but his play selection has become limited because the man running his show is only a Hyundai.

WRONG Trekbiz. The Dolphins got lucky on 3rd and 7. Like in the OT our shoddy play callers decided the game was won and did not run any plays to get more yardarge. In the OT we decided the game was won on 1st down. It has nothing to do with Fiedler. Our play calling was pure BS. Fiedler was having a good day and finding open recievers. Don't make this a Fiedler issue, it was stupid play calling and horrific lack of pressure on Brady.

Originally posted by Bumrush
WRONG Trekbiz. The Dolphins got lucky on 3rd and 7. Like in the OT our shoddy play callers decided the game was won and did not run any plays to get more yardarge. In the OT we decided the game was won on 1st down. It has nothing to do with Fiedler. Our play calling was pure BS. Fiedler was having a good day and finding open recievers. Don't make this a Fiedler issue, it was stupid play calling and horrific lack of pressure on Brady.

13 points and an offense that could'nt move the ball at all in the 2nd half constitiutes a good day from a top play maker position on the offense?

Hmmmm...... low expectations.

This is a Fiedler issue. Norv's offense has produced wherever it has been. Again, it relies on a stud running back and a QB that can stretch the field and burn a defense.

Part one covered. Part two is missing in action!

Norv has an offense that can run like a Ferrari but it is being headed by a four cylinder Hyundai in Jay Fiedler.

No matter how much Norv wants to run his full package of plays, I don't believe he has the confidence to call them anymore. That is not bad play calling. It's trying to adapt and win with what you've got........ trying to win a race driving a Hyundai!

Blame the offensive coaches all you want but to me it's obvious that Norv is clearly limited in what he can call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care either way, but if we were going to choose one game all season to see how Griese would perform, it would be this one. San Diego is the worst team in the league. That defense is horrendous. Plus he is familiar with them. The only time I would ever support throwing Griese in a game would be this one......

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Believe what you want.

Norv Turner's offensive system has had no problems wherever it has gone. It is a good, aggressive scheme that relies on a stud running back and a QB that can stretch the field to keep the defense from focusing their entire gameplan on the RB.

So where does the O-Line fit into that equation? I suppose it doesn't matter? The Pats D-Line was in Fiedler's face and all over Ricky ALL GAME LONG!!!!! How many times did you see Fiedler have to run backwards or how many times did you see Ricky get hit in the backfield before the plays even had a chance to develope? Hell, Fiedler had to run for his life and escape from someone dragging him by his jersey on that last pick. AND DESPTIE THESE FACTS.....the game was ours to win.....TWICE!

Back
Top Bottom