Jay to have MRI!! There is HOPE!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay to have MRI!! There is HOPE!!!

Originally posted by Oliver

Yes of course, case in point about what I'm saying.

No, the point is that you have no case. Jay has played a handful of very good games in his stint with the Dolphins. Most games he is simply average and the defense carries the day. I can remember some games he won for us---the Raiders game I attended in 2001 for example---but they are evenly counterbalanced by the games he single-handedly lost for us---the Jets game in Miami that same season for example (which I also attended). He has not been a force on offense. He is mostly a non-factor. And certainly this year he has not single-handedly won us any games.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Actually, the misses themselves are Mare's fault, but the fact he was put into that position twice in a row is a coaching failure. Fiedler's failings have more to do with an inability to convert third downs earlier in the game, which led to our offense only scoring 13 points against a very depleted Patriots defense.

Got ya. When Jay does his job, he gets no credit, and when someone else doesn't do their job it's Jay's fault.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Got ya. When Jay does his job, he gets no credit, and when someone else doesn't do their job it's Jay's fault.

No, apparently you lack the ability to parse a sentence. I reccommend an "English as a second language" course at your local high school.

I have been a Fin fan all my life(well the better part of it, I'm 25). Anyway, I don't understand how people can defend Fiedler time and time again. He is NEVER GONNA GET US A SUPERBOWL, not even an appearance.
Why can't we just start Griese against the Chargers and see how well he knows our system. Can it hurt? Can we maybe see that Fiedler isn't the guy? If Griese doesn't perform than we have our answer.....well maybe
Another thing, Wannestedt, you must GO!!!!!!! Tired of his timid coaching ways.
This upcoming draft......It's full of quality QBs, we deff. need to go after one of them. I still think, and know, we should have drafted Drew Brees. I like Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers.

And certainly this year he has not single-handedly won us any games. [/B]

If you build your team around defense and a ball control running offense, don't complain when you don't have a game breaker at QB. You don't hire the sword swallower to be the company book keeper- that's not what he does. You're 5-2, you lead every game in TOP, your D is excellent and the QB is supposed to not lose games for you, which he does successfully.

Actually, if anything, he played worse than the rating implies.

I don't know Rik. Maybe you have a tape and saw a lot of things I missed but I think he played a good game, this time.
He gets blamed for not being able to throw the deep ball, and rightly so. But the first deep ball he threw yesterday hit DT right in the hands and it ended up an int. I only saw the play twice, real time and replay, but that pass was there. There were also incompletions due to flat out good defense. I guess people want to blame him for not scoring 30 points, but we were 4-1 with him and should have been 5-1. You can blame the coaches and you can blame Mare, but I don't see how you can blame Fiedler.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

I don't know Rik. Maybe you have a tape and saw a lot of things I missed but I think he played a good game, this time.
He gets blamed for not being able to throw the deep ball, and rightly so. But the first deep ball he threw yesterday hit DT right in the hands and it ended up an int. I only saw the play twice, real time and replay, but that pass was there. There were also incompletions due to flat out good defense. I guess people want to blame him for not scoring 30 points, but we were 4-1 with him and should have been 5-1. You can blame the coaches and you can blame Mare, but I don't see how you can blame Fiedler.

I don't blame Fiedler for the loss, per se. He just didn't play well. He didn't play poorly either. His INTs were not back-breaking. It wasn't mistakes he made that killed us...he simply didn't do that much to help us. If all you ask from your QB is not to kill you with mistakes, then he's the guy for you. But this team obviously needs more from that position, and he can't provide it.

Originally posted by dolfan06
seems like you have problems with more than just one person.:rolleyes:

Well, it's a law of nature...if you go around calling everyone you meet a jerk, you'll be right 80% of the time.

I don't blame Fiedler for the loss, per se. He just didn't play well. He didn't play poorly either. His INTs were not back-breaking. It wasn't mistakes he made that killed us...he simply didn't do that much to help us. If all you ask from your QB is not to kill you with mistakes, then he's the guy for you. But this team obviously needs more from that position, and he can't provide it.

I don't know if that is quite true either. He hasn't really been asked to win games since RW got here. Before Ricky he won us a few games. Maybe they should start making him win games by rolling him out and letting him pass on 1st and 2nd down rather than giving the ball to Ricky all the time.

We can't count on Ricky this year...either because of him, the O line or just the fact that other teams aren't afraid of our passing game, he is not the factor he was last year. We NEED the QB position to score us some points. We won't be winning many games without production from that position.

Originally posted by finsrclowns

If you build your team around defense and a ball control running offense, don't complain when you don't have a game breaker at QB. You don't hire the sword swallower to be the company book keeper- that's not what he does. You're 5-2, you lead every game in TOP, your D is excellent and the QB is supposed to not lose games for you, which he does successfully.

What you is is basically correct but there is this grave misconception that Ds win games. That is not only a misconception but an out right fallacy, unless your D is scoring all the points. Rather, that D wins championships should more accurately say, O wins chmapionships and the D saves the day.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

What you is is basically correct but there is this grave misconception that Ds win games. That is not only a misconception but an out right fallacy, unless your D is scoring all the points. Rather, that D wins championships should more accurately say, O wins chmapionships and the D saves the day.

I could have sworn it was offense sells tickets, but defense wins titles?

Oliver...

Well, it's a law of nature...if you go around calling everyone you meet a jerk, you'll be right 80% of the time.
that is something i heard opposite, the one going around calling somebody a jerk, is the jerk. i never called you a jerk, just WRONG!;)

Back
Top Bottom