Jaylen Waddle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle

Two of the most versatile Chess pieces in the draft this year are Jaylen Waddle and Kadarius Toney..will be fun if they get drafted by right team/offensive minds and they are able to be full utilized to the best of their abilities!

Two of the most versatile Chess pieces in the draft this year are Jaylen Waddle and Kadarius Toney..will be fun if they get drafted by right team/offensive minds and they are able to be full utilized to the best of their abilities!
How is Mike Martz doing lately?
With Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Wilson, Williams, Hollins, Gesicke, we need someone like him.

Face against speedy wr, i see the DC deploys more buffer strategy, 7 yards deep from the line and start back paddling at the snap, rather than play tight and press.
Press is dangerous as once cb got beat at the first contact, there is a chance the safety not in time to roll over. The result is a TD.
Of cause, the defence will do some press to mix it up, i think the cb will play buffer most of the time thou.
Just my 2 cents. What do I know, i am just someone who pretend to know a little football on the internet.
Well if we go with Waddle, we're definitely not keeping Will Fuller past this year. So, that could be the plan. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

That inside slant he took to the house against Auburn was absolutely insane. HOW DID HE SCORE THERE!?

That's speed you just can't teach. That's why he keeps getting this Tyreek Hill comparison. That and because he's relatively strong as attacking the ball in the air for a small speed guy, ala Tyreek.

But god... Pitts just is every single type of receiver. He's shaking 5'10 190 speed guys because he's a beautiful runner who can out muscle them. He'll outun the 6'1 safeties who cover him when he's inline at TE... he can score in the redzone PERIOD. He'd be Tua's best friend.

This is such a had decision. I do not envy Grier's decision.
So true on that comparison to Tyreek. And theres this smoothness in Waddle that is so fun to watch. Also feels like everytime he touches the ball, hes gonna make a play out of it.

So true on that comparison to Tyreek. And theres this smoothness in Waddle that is so fun to watch. Also feels like everytime he touches the ball, hes gonna make a play out of it.

I think you just said the word I was circling the entire time when I watch him - smooth. He's SO fast, effortlessly, that you almost forget that he can literally score at any moment because he's not really a violent runner nor does he chop his steps. SO MANY GOOD WEAPONS IN THIS DRAFT.

Toney is another example but he's not the threat that Waddle is, and I see too many guys like Toney come in with their VERY BARELY LIMITED (but still.. limited) athleticism and they're unable to make the transition work. I'd feel strong about drafting Toney with #50, but before that I'm uncomfortable. Waddle might be my pick @ 6th overall. Depends if I think a guy like Toney will be there, and how strongly I think Pitts could convert to receiver.

Back
Top Bottom