Jaylen Waddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle

He was not injury prone while at Alabama. He suffered a broken ankle in the 6th game of last season but he didn’t miss any games during his first two years at Alabama that I am aware of.

I am no more worried about him missing games because of another injury than I would be that Chase, Smith, or Pitts would be injured and end up missing playing time.
And Pitts only played in a few more games than Waddle last year. It was one broken ankle. Now we're labeling him as injury prone?

I've watched Waddle and Smith highlights several times now….and to me, and I am no expert…but Waddle just has that extra juice, that shake, that wiggle, that burn that jumps out to me a little more than Smith.

Waddle looks more like a Mark Clayton to me - and Clayton never gets talked about - but Mark Clayton was a damn beast.

I would be happy with Smith too (and of course Pitts), but I am surprised so many on Finheaven seem ok with picking Smith at 6, as he reminds me of a Ted Ginn Jr. burner type - who this whole board complained about for years.

Waddle is just nasty.

So give me Waddle early; and then give me Amon or Dyami later and lets go to the AFC Championship game!

Adios Grant, adios Hurns….and if necessary, adios Wilson and Perry as well.

I've watched Waddle and Smith highlights several times now….and to me, and I am no expert…but Waddle just has that extra juice, that shake, that wiggle, that burn that jumps out to me a little more than Smith.

Waddle looks more like a Mark Clayton to me - and Clayton never gets talked about - but Mark Clayton was a damn beast.

I would be happy with Smith too (and of course Pitts), but I am surprised so many on Finheaven seem ok with picking Smith at 6, as he reminds me of a Ted Ginn Jr. burner type - who this whole board complained about for years.

Waddle is just nasty.

So give me Waddle early; and then give me Amon or Dyami later and lets go to the AFC Championship game!

Adios Grant, adios Hurns….and if necessary, adios Wilson and Perry as well.
Smith is a different product than Ted Ginn Jr. was coming out. If I remember correctly, Ginn had some special teams success at Ohio State, as well as some success at receiver, but his main selling point was speed since he wasn't that polished of a route runner. He ran a very limited set of routes at Ohio State.

Smith, on the other hand, is about as polished of a route runner as they come. He's obviously not a prototype physical specimen in the way some other receivers are, but he dominated at Alabama because he's a sophisticated route runner with good hands and can get good separation. I'm on the "Take Pitts at 6" bandwagon, but I won't be upset if Smith is the choice. I bet he makes an immediate impact in the NFL wherever he goes.

Smith is a different product than Ted Ginn Jr. was coming out. If I remember correctly, Ginn had some special teams success at Ohio State, as well as some success at receiver, but his main selling point was speed since he wasn't that polished of a route runner. He ran a very limited set of routes at Ohio State.

Smith, on the other hand, is about as polished of a route runner as they come. He's obviously not a prototype physical specimen in the way some other receivers are, but he dominated at Alabama because he's a sophisticated route runner with good hands and can get good separation. I'm on the "Take Pitts at 6" bandwagon, but I won't be upset if Smith is the choice. I bet he makes an immediate impact in the NFL wherever he goes.
I'd actually be more inclined to say Waddle is more Ginn Jr. than Smith.

I believe this is a pick (between Waddle and Smith) where the coach and GM will certainly value the QB's input. They can watch as much tape as they want, but at the end of the day their QB has experience playing with both guys.
Draft the whole Bama team why don't you..I guess we are to believe TUA can only play with WR's and RB's from his own college? How sad. Fire TUA now if that's the case!

Draft the whole Bama team why don't you..I guess we are to believe TUA can only play with WR's and RB's from his own college? How sad. Fire TUA now if that's the case!
Are you that naive to believe that if it comes down to 2 WR's your QB has already played with he won't have input? Considering they're 2 of the 3 top rated WR prospects and the one rated ahead of them played with the QB of the team that picks directly ahead of us I think it's a pretty realistic situation. I'm not a Bama fan whatsoever, cheer against them every year. Pretending they don't send the most talent to the NFL most years however is asinine.

Please no Grant. I would much prefer Bowden or even Hurns over Grant.
I may be in the minority but I prefer Grant over all of those guys simply because he helps us win 2 games per year w return TDs and / or field flipping returns - what game was it this year where he took 3 across midfield? The other guys don’t give you anything special. Grant isn’t a great WR but his catch to target %age was surprisingly good last year. IMO he’s more important to the team than those other guys and would like to see him back.

Are you that naive to believe that if it comes down to 2 WR's your QB has already played with he won't have input? Considering they're 2 of the 3 top rated WR prospects and the one rated ahead of them played with the QB of the team that picks directly ahead of us I think it's a pretty realistic situation. I'm not a Bama fan whatsoever, cheer against them every year. Pretending they don't send the most talent to the NFL most years however is asinine.
They also have a fair share of busts like everyone else. Smitty may join them..heard it here first! LOL

Back
Top Bottom