Jeff Fuller #3 WR on new depth chart? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Fuller #3 WR on new depth chart?

It's funny how so many UDFA are out performing several of the drafted rookies. It's kind of odd in a way to see as many as 4, maybe even 5 UDFA making a push at the 53 man roster.

what naanees gonna give you is primarily quick slants against certain coverages...outside of that which again will be completely dictated by coverage cause he's not an explosive enough guy out of his cuts etc he'll give you some downfield blocking in the run game...is it worth a spot on the 53 and active on game day??? not to me it's not

legeduu naanee is not a sudden player...dbs will ride him all over the field...if you like 1 catch for 12 yards that's your guy...

what naanees gonna give you is primarily quick slants against certain coverages...outside of that which again will be completely dictated by coverage cause he's not an explosive enough guy out of his cuts etc he'll give you some downfield blocking in the run game...is it worth a spot on the 53 and active on game day??? not to me it's not

legeduu naanee is not a sudden player...dbs will ride him all over the field...if you like 1 catch for 12 yards that's your guy...

I just don't understand the infatuation with Naanee. I dare anyone to watch game footage of last year's Carolina games and come away impressed. Count me in the group who likes Fuller. He seems have definite connection with RT (as he should). Hopefully his case of the dropsies doesn't come back. Thats a big IF.

Fuller has a tantalizing body type for an NFL receiver, but he hasn't shown me yet that he has the essential skill of actually reeling in the ball yet. Kind of reminds me of Derek Hagan so far, who is fine if you want a career number four receiver.

I think that a lot of that is accurate and fair. The dilemma is this- given his limitations and lack of previous production, why has the coaching staff consistently ranked him near or at the top of the WR depth chart? I haven't seen nearly as much of Naane as I would like to, but there you have it- forget Omar and his tweets, the coaching staff has been all over Naane since pretty much day 1. Unless it's some kind of grand deception for purposes unknown, I have to think that it's legitimate and has merit. Dude is tall and fast, but not sudden- and that's a problem as you said.

Hogan- I can maybe see the staff burying him on the depth charts, trying to hide him- maybe. But Naane- if it's huge, heaping amounts of false praise that we're dealing with, I just don't see why they would bother with that. There has to be merit to how Naane is ranked by the coaching staff, he must be doing something quite right.

I think that a lot of that is accurate and fair. The dilemma is this- given his limitations and lack of previous production, why has the coaching staff consistently ranked him near or at the top of the WR depth chart? I haven't seen nearly as much of Naane as I would like to, but there you have it- forget Omar and his tweets, the coaching staff has been all over Naane since pretty much day 1. Unless it's some kind of grand deception for purposes unknown, I have to think that it's legitimate and has merit. Dude is tall and fast, but not sudden- and that's a problem as you said.

Hogan- I can maybe see the staff burying him on the depth charts, trying to hide him- maybe. But Naane- if it's huge, heaping amounts of false praise that we're dealing with, I just don't see why they would bother with that. There has to be merit to how Naane is ranked by the coaching staff, he must be doing something quite right.

Naanee has about 50 more catches than the rest of the WR depth chart is every going to have in the NFL. Him being at the top of the depth chart while the staff tries to sift through the sewage just means that there was nobody beneath him who clearly deserved being ranked better. The young guys have to earn it.

Naanee has about 50 more catches than the rest of the WR depth chart is every going to have in the NFL. Him being at the top of the depth chart while the staff tries to sift through the sewage just means that there was nobody beneath him who clearly deserved being ranked better. The young guys have to earn it.

Separation ability is huge with me, but there is also merit to a guy who is 6-4 220 or so and runs a 4.45 coming off an injury an apparently ready to produce. Also a former QB iirc maybe growing into the WR position. Mathews can separate, Hogan can separate, Pruitt can separate. Fuller and Naane are the big boys. Wallace is obviously a big one as well, but he's apparently getting outplayed by Naane in camp and he's getting HAMMERED over his lack of separation ability.

Interesting point about Naane on the depth chart as per his relative experience, but I don't know about that. If he was getting outplayed my guess uis that they would have slid him down the chart. But I'm just guessing like everyone else- Hogan at #7 or whatever makes no sense to me.

To be honest, Naanee hasn't shown anything in games, so he's going to have to be stellar in practices to make this squad IMHO. I could believe that the staff is already convinced and are spending the bulk of their time examining the bubble guys (Wallace, Moore, Pruitt) to see which are special teams aces and which can honestly compete as a 3rd/4th receiver (behind Bess, Hartline and theoretically Naanee). The problem is that none of the three has really distinguished himself. Moore does a better job of creating separation than Wallace IMHO, and Pruitt seems to have the best burst and give the most effort. But, none of them really flashes raw talent IMHO.

On the other hand, I really like Matthews, but he is raw and I get the feeling the staff wants to stash him on the practice squad. Hogan has been the surprise, and I think he has shown the best ability thus far ... but he hasn't really been given a chance against the 1's to claim anything.

Fuller flashes a tiny bit of Shannon Sharpe in my mind. Sharpe was a big rocked up WR playing TE, and after Fuller catches the ball he sort of reminds me of Sharpe. The problem is, that Fuller isn't as good as Sharpe at ... well ... anything. I can't explain why, but I don't get the feeling that Fuller is really going to develop much more than he already has. I guess I'm not a Fuller fan because I view him as a WYSIWYG player. And what I see seems to lack ... ummm ... muchness.

Develop Matthews and Hogan, add them to Bess and Hartline, and look for an X receiver in next year's draft. Until then, give Pruitt and Moore the last two spots. That's my $0.02

I just don't buy that. He is right in that pack and all things being equal he is almost 30. I take the young guys and they have played just as well. I don't understand why they are not using Naanee more in the game?

the sooner you guys stop listening to omars takes on players the better...his evaluations are frankly horrid...

I just don't buy that. He is right in that pack and all things being equal he is almost 30. I take the young guys and they have played just as well. I don't understand why they are not using Naanee more in the game?

They know what Naanee can do, and I guarantee they are not expecting him to be an all-pro, so they are going to evaluate the kids in a game situation to see who really steps up when it (sort of) matters. Also, I've read the camp reports almost daily, and they all mention Naanee making some nice plays. With the young guys, there are usually a couple who have a good day, only to follow it up with a bad. they lack consistency, which a veteran like Naanee has, so that's why he is at the top and the others are still looking in.

All I can say is this.

This game this week is huge for these WR's. All of them, minus Bess.

Because by naming RT starter for the season, and gameplanning this game, they will set it up to look more of what you should expect to see. If someone drops another ball right in their gut, it could spell the end. egnew. uh!

Hogan, like CK said in another thread, is the 3rd slot guy on chart. That is why they will hide him or try to. If it were up to me, I would keep him if he really shows some good stuff in this game. If you dont see much of Hogan, they are hiding him.

But expect more Clay, Bush, Fasano in this one folks.

They know what Naanee can do, and I guarantee they are not expecting him to be an all-pro, so they are going to evaluate the kids in a game situation to see who really steps up when it (sort of) matters. Also, I've read the camp reports almost daily, and they all mention Naanee making some nice plays. With the young guys, there are usually a couple who have a good day, only to follow it up with a bad. they lack consistency, which a veteran like Naanee has, so that's why he is at the top and the others are still looking in.

Good points. His opportunities in the preseason games are limited, especially with so many other new guys to evaluate. Let's face it- Naane is no Julio Jones. But again, he HAS to be doing some things awfully right. Has to. I think that he makes the 53 and he has more TDs than Hartline or Bess last year. Then again, he could very well have more than those two COMBINED last year. They had what, five? Ouch.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

All I can say is this.

This game this week is huge for these WR's. All of them, minus Bess.

Because by naming RT starter for the season, and gameplanning this game, they will set it up to look more of what you should expect to see. If someone drops another ball right in their gut, it could spell the end. egnew. uh!

Hogan, like CK said in another thread, is the 3rd slot guy on chart. That is why they will hide him or try to. If it were up to me, I would keep him if he really shows some good stuff in this game. If you dont see much of Hogan, they are hiding him.

But expect more Clay, Bush, Fasano in this one folks.

I don't think that Hogan can be hidden at this point. Who is #2 in the slot- Pruitt?

Back
Top Bottom