Jeff fuller abusing Patrick Peterson. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff fuller abusing Patrick Peterson.

I know he wasn't drafted. I also know he was apart of a TAM team that lost alot. I also know that people on this board are already making big time expectations from this kid. See....you even qualify your statement by saying he 'looks' to be a dominate WR.

Also, I'm not the one putting expectations on this kid. Unlike you and others. I am not the one saying Tannehill had no weapons and justifing his INTS and Drops, then saying this Fuller kid 'looks' to be a dominate WR. So no i'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth, that jobs looks like its taken care of already.:up:

Looking and acting like a dominate player are two different things, but I'm sure you already know that. He dropped a lot of passes this past year, but I'm sure you also knew that already. How about yards per catch went from 14.8 to 11.8, and he went from 12 TDs to 6 TDs.

You see, with Tannehill, at QB, he looked like a better receiver, then when Tannehill was not the QB. Tannehill as a QB (W/ little experience) had a 137.0 and 132.2 QB rating. He threw 42 tds to 21 ints for over 5000 yards in a season and a half
but there is nothing to feel excited about when talking Tannehill.

Not saying Fuller can not develop into a good receiver, or a dominant receiver, but if he continues to drop balls, he will be an out of work receiver.

I don't think he is doing much beasting when they're mostly come back routes.

nothing really out of the ordinary in this video IMO ...

fuller got a lot of help from tannehill's incredible anticipation and accuracy on out/comeback patterns . A lot of those plays were also very easy due to a 7-8 yard cushion by the defensive backs.

Although the video didn't really impress me, I have an eerie feeling that those two aggies might find themselves a lot in the upcoming years... fuller is accustomed to this offence and excels in their most important routes... his size will help him plenty, the only question is his hands I guess...

what I want to see, both from our receivers and Ryan Tannehill, is the deep threat

Right now we've got Clyde Gates and Brian Hartline pinned in as our deep guys... not a lot to get excited about

and when you watch tape of Tannehill's deep ball, it plain sucks. no accuracy, no velocity, he just throws it up there like a half court buzzer beater.

The short and intermediate passing game doesn't worry me one bit though...

if fuller can get a better work ethic i think we just landed another good udfa. but we'll see in camp. he has the tools.

Tannehill def has some pop on his throws.....that is encouraging. Fuller needs to just spend hours on the jugs machine- many hours. If he can concentrate better we will have quite the duo.

Exactly what I was thinking. Literally the only route he ran in that video

So you guys are saying if you are the coach and it's working, which it obviously was, that you wouldn't ride that one trick pony to a win? Come on. If nothing else maybe they were trying to draw him in and then possibly go over the top. Anyway you slice it, it was kicking Patrick Petersons ass.

I saw this guy a few times and looked like he is a player. Let's hope he can provide something to the WR mix.

Patrick Peterson wasnt an elite cover corner, and he still isn't but he was among the upper-echelon at that point in time. Still, Fuller was, is, and remains good enough to had been drafted.

So you guys are saying if you are the coach and it's working, which it obviously was, that you wouldn't ride that one trick pony to a win? Come on. If nothing else maybe they were trying to draw him in and then possibly go over the top. Anyway you slice it, it was kicking Patrick Petersons ass.

Yea your right, ride until they stop it. Too bad THIS YR, when they ran the same play 3 times in one game, it resulted in a late game pick. And loss.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Patrick Peterson wasnt an elite cover corner, and he still isn't but he was among the upper-echelon at that point in time. Still, Fuller was, is, and remains good enough to had been drafted.

So, Tannehill did have a weapon this past year at TAM. Man, before the draft all the draft guru's and the like, said repeatedly Tannehill had NO weapons. Hmmmm.

Patrick Peterson may be an elite athlete/kick returner, but he was largely exposed last season as a very average to below average cover corner.

Back
Top Bottom