Jeff Ireland 2005 draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland 2005 draft

Once again you look at overall #s, his #s are skewed b/c of 3 awful games. 12 of his INTs came in those 3 games.

provide links, you are a hit and run poster. You take shots w/ nothing to back it up and don't discuss the issues. If I take cheap shots for no reason let me know and give me examples.

I'm THRILLED w/ what he has given us this year as a rookie QB. Sure he's had some bad games(3 awful games) but he's given us a chance to win 9 of his 12 starts and that's more than I expected coming into this year.

I didn't bring anything back up, when people repsond to my posts I respond back. That's how this thing works.

No link needed, reread your posts in this thread....judging by your attacks on some of our reading comprehension...it shouldn't be hard. My last post I responded (before you brought this thread back for no reason) you never answered...why not? Can't come up for a reason behind your quick bashes that have nothing to do with OP?

And sorry, I only have over 2000 posts...not 12000....I guess that makes me a hit and run poster? :lol:

You are so lucky to forget those 3 bad games and wipe them clean looking at the future...how about you take away Sanchez 3 best games? Im sure you won't like the feeling. I'm also thrilled with Sanchez progress....its declining as the season goes.

Can we get any mulligans for Ginn while we are at it? How about our defense late in games? lol...

above average QB? LOL......all things being equal and forgetting he's a rookie hes one of the worst qbs in the league. His passer rating is bottom of the barrel and this behind a very good OL, one of the best running games in the NFL and decent WRs.

He might turn out to be ok but right now he stinks. Instead of taking out his three worst games why not take away his first three starts when teams didnt have much to gameplan him around. How bad would his stats be than.

See i can play close minded homer too

He never had any lights out games to skew his #s in a good way like he did the 3 bad games that skew it negatively.

No link needed, reread your posts in this thread....judging by your attacks on some of our reading comprehension...it shouldn't be hard. My last post I responded (before you brought this thread back for no reason) you never answered...why not? Can't come up for a reason behind your quick bashes that have nothing to do with OP?

And sorry, I only have over 2000 posts...not 12000....I guess that makes me a hit and run poster? :lol:

You are so lucky to forget those 3 bad games and wipe them clean looking at the future...how about you take away Sanchez 3 best games? Im sure you won't like the feeling. I'm also thrilled with Sanchez progress....its declining as the season goes.

Can we get any mulligans for Ginn while we are at it? How about our defense late in games? lol...

Well said....i mean if we eliminated the game against the colts, saints and everyone else but the jets. Ginn is one of the best WR in the league. And i think we should only count those games since it makes him look better. Reality be-damned

He never had any lights out games to skew his #s in a good way like he did the 3 bad games that skew it negatively.

so what. that even makes him look worse. he has had some really bad stinkers but no lights out games. If he had some really good games than there could be some optismism but his stinkers outweigh his great performances since he has none.

Are you telling me that if he played some really good games than we should count the 3 stinkers but since he didnt have any we should give him a mulligan

lol

If you don't have anything then why comment? Allow those of us trying to have a productive discussion to do so.

How is sanchez declining? He's had 3 bad games- 2 in october, 1 in November. His last game and a half before he git hurt he was 20-32, 258 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 85 rating and led our O to one win and set up a 2nd win. He also lost another TD pass when our TE fumbled going in for a TD. How is he declining?

so what. that even makes him look worse. he has had some really bad stinkers but no lights out games. If he had some really good games than there could be some optismism but his stinkers outweigh his great performances since he has none.

Are you telling me that if he played some really good games than we should count the 3 stinkers but since he didnt have any we should give him a mulligan

lol

I think you need to look at the entire body of work not just the overall #s. He's played well in 75% of his games, that's a great % for a rookie. His 25% of games where he has been bad he's been awful and it skews the overall # allowing less knowledgable folks to assume his entire year has been as bad as those #s show.

I think you need to look at the entire body of work not just the overall #s. He's played well in 75% of his games, that's a great % for a rookie. His 25% of games where he has been bad he's been awful and it skews the overall # allowing less knowledgable folks to assume his entire year has been as bad as those #s show.

sure lets look at the totality than. He has a great running game and a very good OL with playermakers at WR. Teams are stacking the box to stop Jones so he put in an excellent situation which gives him all the chance to succeed. Imgaine if he played for the Browns or the Lions or the Rams or even some of the average teams. What would his numbers be than? The facts are he has a bottom of the league passer rating with all the tools a qb could want on offense.

Selecting games to discount or saying he is playing well on every 2nd sunday on a month ending in an R is not taking into account his full body of work

If you don't have anything then why comment? Allow those of us trying to have a productive discussion to do so.

How is sanchez declining? He's had 3 bad games- 2 in october, 1 in November. His last game and a half before he git hurt he was 20-32, 258 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 85 rating and led our O to one win and set up a 2nd win. He also lost another TD pass when our TE fumbled going in for a TD. How is he declining?

I will post when I have something productive to say, unlike you who posts on everything....just bash without reason or cause...funny how you still ignore how you just cheaply bash threads that have nothing to do with the original post. Talk about providing productive discussion? Try not hijacking threads as others have accused, and stay on topic.

As for Sanchez.....I guess I was going by your method, I took out the games that worked to prove my point...as for recent games, I took out the Buff game which he didnt finish....he really has looked great the past 3 games? Funny how that works when you do it the other way.

Once again you look at overall #s, his #s are skewed b/c of 3 awful games. 12 of his INTs came in those 3 games.

Sorry but the numbers are the numbers, every game in the NFL season counts or they would adjust all the NFL record books accordingly.

Buffalo has a top 5 NFL defense when it comes to passing so to throw that game out simply isn’t a good measure. It isn’t surprising that Henne and Sanchez struggled against that secondary. Buffalo has picked off Brady once in the first game, held Brees to 172 yards and picked off Schaub 2 times.

You can not throw out numbers just to throw them out it isn’t statistically valid at that point.

We can say the same about henne, he was aeful at SD in a winnable game when he came in for Chad P, he threw away the Buf game, that's 2 games right there and you'd be in first.

Sanchez has played well enough to win 9 of his 12 starts, it's not his fault the D blew the game at Miami and vs. jax or that STs blew the 2nd Miami game.

You really can't. He's 7-3 as a starter. Penny started those games before. Sanchise started all the games, wins and losses.

I'm not saying Henne is better than Sanchez (though he's playing better right now), but I really get aggrevated listening to all of these Jet fans who have anointed this kid Joe Willy. He is an avg qb right now. Right now.

I'm not saying Henne is better than Sanchez (though he's playing better right now), but I really get aggrevated listening to all of these Jet fans who have anointed this kid Joe Willy. He is an avg qb right now. Right now.

But the irony is, he just might be another Joe Willie:

12 seasons:
W/L: 62-63-4
50.1% completion
173 TDs and 220 Ints (47 more ints than TDs)
65.5 QB rating.

If not for a bold "guarantee" to win a SB against a team the following year who won less than half its games, in an elimination post season of less than 3 games from a division with diluted talent, Joe Willie Namath would be even less storied in NFL and Jets lore than Ken O'Brien. Totally overrated and undeserving of HOF entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post when I have something productive to say, unlike you who posts on everything....just bash without reason or cause...funny how you still ignore how you just cheaply bash threads that have nothing to do with the original post. Talk about providing productive discussion? Try not hijacking threads as others have accused, and stay on topic.

As for Sanchez.....I guess I was going by your method, I took out the games that worked to prove my point...as for recent games, I took out the Buff game which he didnt finish....he really has looked great the past 3 games? Funny how that works when you do it the other way.

Show proof of bashing w/o reason or cause. I don't come here and say "dolphins suck, jets #1". I back up my opinions.

Back
Top Bottom