Jeff Ireland 2005 draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland 2005 draft

[/B]

I'd be STUNNED if Sanchez turns out to be even an average NFL QB. Combine that with another wasted top 10 pick in Gholston and you have trouble.

Sanchez doesn't have history on his side... Hey, but at least he became a millioniare ... if you look it up; College QBs' who declare early for the NFL, usually don't succeed ... now factor in the talent level that Sanchez is playing with in comparision to what Flacco had in Baltimore and Ryan had in Atlanta their rookie seasons ... Sanchez has much better talent around him and still hasn't done anything to make a case that he is making strides as a starting QB ... he's won, because of the players around him, which, by the way i'm cool with ... BUT, he hasn't shown anything to me, that would indicate he has Flacco and Ryan talent ... and is the superstar most Jet fans make him out to be ... he hasn't shown the ability to read defenses consistantly like Flacco and Ryan had done in their rookie seasons... I actually agree with your statement ... but have tried to make a case based on NFL and Draft history as well as the talent level he is playing with ...

Nonsense requires interpretation.

Let me get this straight, BP did a "bad job" in Dallas, but Wade is doing a "good job," despite having the same results as BP...awesome. You remove all credit from BP for all seasons but one, but give credit to Wade for the doing the same thing.

I absolutely see the spin others have talked about. Alrighty, how about this: Wade will be available next year. No doubt the jests will be looking for a replacement within the next 3. He's all yours.

Can anyone on this site read? Please show me where I said Wade is doing a good job in Dallas?

[/B]

I'd be STUNNED if Sanchez turns out to be even an average NFL QB. Combine that with another wasted top 10 pick in Gholston and you have trouble.

He's already an above average NFL QB.

Sanchez doesn't have history on his side... Hey, but at least he became a millioniare ... if you look it up; College QBs' who declare early for the NFL, usually don't succeed ... now factor in the talent level that Sanchez is playing with in comparision to what Flacco had in Baltimore and Ryan had in Atlanta their rookie seasons ... Sanchez has much better talent around him and still hasn't done anything to make a case that he is making strides as a starting QB ... he's won, because of the players around him, which, by the way i'm cool with ... BUT, he hasn't shown anything to me, that would indicate he has Flacco and Ryan talent ... and is the superstar most Jet fans make him out to be ... he hasn't shown the ability to read defenses consistantly like Flacco and Ryan had done in their rookie seasons... I actually agree with your statement ... but have tried to make a case based on NFL and Draft history as well as the talent level he is playing with ...

Let's see, w/ arguably less talent around him than the great favre had last year and against a tougher sched we will end up w/ around the same record as a year ago w/ a rookie QB.

You do understand it's difficult to be good right away especially as a QB, right? It's hard being a rookie and starting day 1. Flacco and ryan were exceptions to the rule and sanchez has had a very good rookie season.

Those that don't watch him see all the INTs and look at the QB rating but he's had 3 putrid games that have skewed his #s. In his other 9 games his #s are:

126-220, 1656 yds, 10 TDs, 5 INTs, 87 rating, led O to 24 PPG and team to 6-3 record.

Can anyone on this site read? Please show me where I said Wade is doing a good job in Dallas?

Do you include yourself with reading comprehension? Seems you can't remember your own posts throwing jabs all the time. Its ok, you lose focus crying over BP constantly.

And Sanchez right now is an above avg QB? lol....Maybe in the future...but he has not shown he can be an above avg qb. Maybe you should take your own advice and wait a couple of years to make that judgement.

If you consider "The Sanchump" "already an above-average QB" then I guess that would make Henne an "already elite QB" in this league.

(So much for self-professed "objectivity" eh?)

Do you include yourself with reading comprehension? Seems you can't remember your own posts throwing jabs all the time. Its ok, you lose focus crying over BP constantly.

And Sanchez right now is an above avg QB? lol....Maybe in the future...but he has not shown he can be an above avg qb. Maybe you should take your own advice and wait a couple of years to make that judgement.

What did I forget that I posted?

He's already above average, for people who don't watch him play you'll look at the QB rating and make your judgment but those 3 bad games skew the #s. Just watch our O the last game and a half w/o him. Clemens is a below average QB, we are clearly much better w/ sanchez and outside of those 3 bad games he's played well above average.

Let's see, w/ arguably less talent around him than the great favre had last year

Those that don't watch him see all the INTs and look at the QB rating but he's had 3 putrid games that have skewed his #s. In his other 9 games his #s are:

126-220, 1656 yds, 10 TDs, 5 INTs, 87 rating, led O to 24 PPG and team to 6-3 record.

Less talent? He now has Braylon Edwards and Shonn Green. Still has Thomas Jones and the good O-Line. With those additions, you probably would've hosted the Ravens last year.

Are you a Massage Therapy major? Here, let me subtract the Dolphins 0-3 start and now call them the best team in football.

The kid(Sanchez) is avg at best. You can't "subtract" his bad games and call him above avg. It is the entire season's body of work that he is judged. Why do you think that your squad is now one of the top running teams in the NFL? Shame on your fat, big-mouthed HC for not making the move earlier(your OC's name has carried him as far as it can).

I'm surprised at you. Ususally, you are a pretty level headed Jet fan, but I guess you're like all the other "Sanchise" zealots. Typical.

junc come on now! You usually at least have data to back up your argument but this statement is out there man, like Pluto, way out there.

Sanchez is like 28th in the leaguer in passer rating or something like that out of 32 with the average NFL starting QB passer rating being 83.7 so Sanchez is 20 points below average right now.......but I guess he is a rookie.

What did I forget that I posted?

He's already above average, for people who don't watch him play you'll look at the QB rating and make your judgment but those 3 bad games skew the #s. Just watch our O the last game and a half w/o him. Clemens is a below average QB, we are clearly much better w/ sanchez and outside of those 3 bad games he's played well above average.

You forget you just take cheap shots without cause. Happened earlier in this thread. Also, its funny how you brought this amazing Ireland thread back to life after a day. Still harping on BP much?

I see a lot of jets football, he did excel in the beginning of the year, but if your happy with his play of late...well, so am I.

Less talent? He now has Braylon Edwards and Shonn Green. Still has Thomas Jones and the good O-Line. With those additions, you probably would've hosted the Ravens last year.

Are you a Massage Therapy major? Here, let me subtract the Dolphins 0-3 start and now call them the best team in football.

The kid(Sanchez) is avg at best. You can't "subtract" his bad games and call him above avg. It is the entire season's body of work that he is judged. Why do you think that your squad is now one of the top running teams in the NFL? Shame on your fat, big-mouthed HC for not making the move earlier(your OC's name has carried him as far as it can).

I'm surprised at you. Ususally, you are a pretty level headed Jet fan, but I guess you're like all the other "Sanchise" zealots. Typical.

I guess by Junk's "objective" standards, by comparison we already have ourselves an "elite" QB. Who knew???

He got Edwards 5 games into the season so he didn't have much practice time w/ him, he lost leon washington who is our best playmaker, Cotchery missed time w/ an injury, we lost Coles. When healthy and w/ a full camp we have more talent offensively but that's not the case.

Our squad has been the best running team since October, this just didn't happen overnight. We struggled running it in September yet we were 3-0 in September. The QB was a big reason why(along w/ the D).

He got Edwards 5 games into the season so he didn't have much practice time w/ him, he lost leon washington who is our best playmaker, Cotchery missed time w/ an injury, we lost Coles. When healthy and w/ a full camp we have more talent offensively but that's not the case.

Our squad has been the best running team since October, this just didn't happen overnight. We struggled running it in September yet we were 3-0 in September. The QB was a big reason why(along w/ the D).

The kid is the reason your team in not leading the division(throw a little ST in there as well). He is not above avg, yet.

junc come on now! You usually at least have data to back up your argument but this statement is out there man, like Pluto, way out there.

Sanchez is like 28th in the leaguer in passer rating or something like that out of 32 with the average NFL starting QB passer rating being 83.7 so Sanchez is 20 points below average right now.......but I guess he is a rookie.

Once again you look at overall #s, his #s are skewed b/c of 3 awful games. 12 of his INTs came in those 3 games.

You forget you just take cheap shots without cause. Happened earlier in this thread. Also, its funny how you brought this amazing Ireland thread back to life after a day. Still harping on BP much?

I see a lot of jets football, he did excel in the beginning of the year, but if your happy with his play of late...well, so am I.

provide links, you are a hit and run poster. You take shots w/ nothing to back it up and don't discuss the issues. If I take cheap shots for no reason let me know and give me examples.

I'm THRILLED w/ what he has given us this year as a rookie QB. Sure he's had some bad games(3 awful games) but he's given us a chance to win 9 of his 12 starts and that's more than I expected coming into this year.

I didn't bring anything back up, when people repsond to my posts I respond back. That's how this thing works.

The kid is the reason your team in not leading the division(throw a little ST in there as well). He is not above avg, yet.

We can say the same about henne, he was aeful at SD in a winnable game when he came in for Chad P, he threw away the Buf game, that's 2 games right there and you'd be in first.

Sanchez has played well enough to win 9 of his 12 starts, it's not his fault the D blew the game at Miami and vs. jax or that STs blew the 2nd Miami game.

We can say the same about henne, he was aeful at SD in a winnable game when he came in for Chad P, he threw away the Buf game, that's 2 games right there and you'd be in first.

Sanchez has played well enough to win 9 of his 12 starts, it's not his fault the D blew the game at Miami and vs. jax or that STs blew the 2nd Miami game.

that's 2 awful games, clearly they don't count :lol: i mean, if he didn't have those.....

above average QB? LOL......all things being equal and forgetting he's a rookie hes one of the worst qbs in the league. His passer rating is bottom of the barrel and this behind a very good OL, one of the best running games in the NFL and decent WRs.

He might turn out to be ok but right now he stinks. Instead of taking out his three worst games why not take away his first three starts when teams didnt have much to gameplan him around. How bad would his stats be than.

See i can play close minded homer too

Back
Top Bottom