Jeff Ireland 2005 draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland 2005 draft

Wade is taking Cowboy teams to the playoffs with Parcells' guys. That's coming to an end because now Jerry Jones is essentially running the team and Wade Phillips is coaching it. We know how things get in Dallas when Jerrah runs ****. He has too much money and not enough football knowledge. He needed Bill. He Still needs Bill. He still needs Ireland. But Wade Phillips is DONE after this season when the Cowboys either lose again in the first round or miss the playoffs completely.

Ireland has won me over in just 2 seasons and has made me a believer because of his track record and the insite and stability he brings to the draft process... I agree that Jones is more of the problem in Dallas and not BP ... Jones medling cost him 2 good coaches in Jimmy Johnson and Parcells... the talent is there and should equate to more wins and playoff births, but for some reason, the talent is being misguided by the coaching staff currently in place... i disagree with NYJUNC that Dallas' problems fall on BP ... it is really Phillips who isn't getting his team in better position than the talent would indicate.... couple that with a very egotistical owner and you have a abad situation ... at least BP has brought stability to a very unstable situation in Miami and Ireland is seeing it through!!!

I think the heat is turning up on Tannenbaum, I do think having a rookie QB bought him another year. if they don't make a playoff run next year I think he'll be out.

Wade can't win when in the playoffs but he has now taken 3 different teams to postseason so he's not an awful HC and Parcells had FIVE years in dallas to win a playoff game and could not do it.
Amazing. He is an awful head coach, I honestly can't believe you are praising Wade Phillips and bashing Parcells in the same breath. Are you really that upset about him leaving the jets? It's Parcells. He leaves. Get over it.

Wade Phillips sucks. Period. He took Dan Reeve's team to the playoffs. Then he took Marv Levy's team to the playoffs. Then he took Bill Parcells team to the playoff. In all three, he lost control of the team by the final year. He lacks any leadership skills. He's one of many damn good coordinators who simply cannot be head coaches. He's the head coach of the cowboys for the simple fact that he can be controlled by Jones and will do whatever he's told. That's it. This team will be a serious contender once they get a coach with ability and the balls to stand up to Jones. It will last for about 3 to 5 years, then Jones will get tired of the lack of control and fire him, replacing him with another puppet a la Campo and Phillips.

I understand the devil's advocate role can be fun at times, but please, enough already.

Amazing. He is an awful head coach, I honestly can't believe you are praising Wade Phillips and bashing Parcells in the same breath. Are you really that upset about him leaving the jets? It's Parcells. He leaves. Get over it.

Wade Phillips sucks. Period. He took Dan Reeve's team to the playoffs. Then he took Marv Levy's team to the playoffs. Then he took Bill Parcells team to the playoff. In all three, he lost control of the team by the final year. He lacks any leadership skills. He's one of many damn good coordinators who simply cannot be head coaches. He's the head coach of the cowboys for the simple fact that he can be controlled by Jones and will do whatever he's told. That's it. This team will be a serious contender once they get a coach with ability and the balls to stand up to Jones. It will last for about 3 to 5 years, then Jones will get tired of the lack of control and fire him, replacing him with another puppet a la Campo and Phillips.

I understand the devil's advocate role can be fun at times, but please, enough already.

clear.gif

Give this man a round of applause.

Plausible analysis: Ireland is a very good evaluator; and Parcells is a great coach, but horrible judge of talent. Parcells track record as a coach is astounding, but as a GM? 5 years of drafting for Dallas and no playoff wins, Ireland 2005: great draft. One more point, Parcells is the one that loved and pushed for QB Pat White, not Ireland, truly a waste at this point, and even if White ends up having a good career, not a prudent move for a team that is building.

Any chance that NYJUNK:pop: gets to attempt to disparage BP, no matter the subject, he will post his nonsense.

The Boys draft suffered for BPs first two years because it took him that long to convince jj to! get rid of Larry Lacewell, and replace him with someone whose judgment he trusted!!!

I'm actually CREDITING Ireland for the good job he has done but pointing out the FACT that those players have yet to win a playoff game. This game is about WINNING not finding individual talent.

So then it is fair to say that the Jets drafts have been unproductive for years?

Go ahead and take your swipe at the Dolphins draft in retaliation.:lol:

Ireland evaluated those players, but no way he made final decisions on who was drafted. You cant credit that draft completely to Ireland.

Sanchez has to work for Tanny to survive....Gm's and Coaches never survive a 1st round bust QB.

No question and so far so good. He's not going to get the chance to hire another Hc in the next 2 years so rex and Sanchez have to work. I think if we don't make the playoffs by next year he's out.

... so tell me...

how do you feel about darelle revis, Kerry rhodes, d'brickashaw ferguson, nick mangold, leon washington, dustin keller, David Harris, mark sanchez, etc. ?

:ponder:

Great talent, haven't won a playoff game yet and some haven't even played in one.

Wade is taking Cowboy teams to the playoffs with Parcells' guys. That's coming to an end because now Jerry Jones is essentially running the team and Wade Phillips is coaching it. We know how things get in Dallas when Jerrah runs ****. He has too much money and not enough football knowledge. He needed Bill. He Still needs Bill. He still needs Ireland. But Wade Phillips is DONE after this season when the Cowboys either lose again in the first round or miss the playoffs completely.

It's funny how we always here that after BP leaves but never when he takes over. We stunk when he took over but he had alot of talent and no one said BP was winning w/ Dick Steinberg/Rich Kotite when he took over even though the core of the '98 team that reached the AFC Championship were brought in by those guys.

BP had FIVE years to win in dallas, he didn't do it.

Ireland has won me over in just 2 seasons and has made me a believer because of his track record and the insite and stability he brings to the draft process... I agree that Jones is more of the problem in Dallas and not BP ... Jones medling cost him 2 good coaches in Jimmy Johnson and Parcells... the talent is there and should equate to more wins and playoff births, but for some reason, the talent is being misguided by the coaching staff currently in place... i disagree with NYJUNC that Dallas' problems fall on BP ... it is really Phillips who isn't getting his team in better position than the talent would indicate.... couple that with a very egotistical owner and you have a abad situation ... at least BP has brought stability to a very unstable situation in Miami and Ireland is seeing it through!!!

I didn't say Dallas' problems fall on BP, I said while they darfted well those guys have yet to win a playoff game and while coaching for 5 years he didn't win a playoff game. There is more to the game than talent.

I didn't bash BP as a coach(though he did abad job in Dallas), I bash him as an executive as he has ONE career postseason win w/ teams that he has picked the players for.

As a HC he's a HOFer and one of the all-time greats.

Wade isn't a great HC but it's nopt fair to say he took other guys teams to the postseason and remove all credit from him. Den missed the playoffs the year before wade took over, Buffalo was 6-10 the year before Phillips took over. he deserves credit for getting them there, once there he can't win but that doesn't remove credit for getting there.

this is another example of you giyd interpreting what I post instead of actually reading.

So then it is fair to say that the Jets drafts have been unproductive for years?

Go ahead and take your swipe at the Dolphins draft in retaliation.:lol:

I think both our teams are building towards playoff success, I think the next 2-3 years will tell us everything. If we both don't have playoff wins in that time frame we'll both be looking for new regimes.

LOL... This is funny Sh*t...

Ireland is great in finding talent.. just like Pioli, but the suddenly comes a jests fan, and twists everything around..., Then I guess The jests outsmart every other team at doing everything right!!

LOL... This is funny Sh*t...

Ireland is great in finding talent.. just like Pioli, but the suddenly comes a jests fan, and twists everything around..., Then I guess The jests outsmart every other team at doing everything right!!

What did I twist? Please explain.

It never fails that Junk interjects himself, hijacking a thread that doesn't concern him or the Jests to turn it into a self-masturbatory bashing of BP, JT, ZT or the Dolphins proud superior legacy. Anyone who still is buying his self-professed "objectivity" and his selfless willingness to "educate" us to his parsed and self-serving manipulated statistics and puke-green tinted world perception, just because he carries himself with more dignity and intelligence than the run of the mill troll, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap.

For perspective-sake, keep in mind that at the same time he's defending the validity of a one game wonder QB with a piss-poor QB rating, W-L record, completion record and over 20 more ints than TDs inclusion into the HOF.

PS: I see he's just done the same thing on the Cam Wake thread.

fuuq21-1.jpg

It never fails that Junk interjects himself, hijacking a thread that doesn't concern him or the Jests to turn it into a self-masturbatory bashing of BP, JT, ZT or the Dolphins proud superior legacy. Anyone who still is buying his self-professed "objectivity" and his selfless willingness to "educate" us to his parsed and self-serving manipulated statistics and puke-green tinted world perception, just because he carries himself with more dignity and intelligence than the run of the mill troll, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap.

For perspective-sake, keep in mind that at the same time he's defending the validity of a one game wonder QB with a piss-poor QB rating, W-L record, completion record and over 20 more ints than TDs inclusion into the HOF.

PS: I see he's just done the same thing on the Cam Wake thread.

Here's a new concept- how about you get involved in the discussions rather than just taking shots at mew or creating some clip art that would amuse a 5 year old?

Sorry if I inject a dose of reality into discussions and you can't handle it. Go back to playing w/ your crayons and creating such pretty pictures.

Here's a new concept- how about you get involved in the discussions rather than just taking shots at mew or creating some clip art that would amuse a 5 year old?

Sorry if I inject a dose of reality into discussions and you can't handle it. Go back to playing w/ your crayons and creating such pretty pictures.

How about you gfys.. this thread had nothing to do with BP until you inserted your 2cents (literally and on your employer's time) in an attempt to reroute Ireland props into a BP hatefest like the jilted lover that you are. This is not the Beasts of the East. I'm registered on your home board, TGF, but don't jump on every time I see the Fins bashed, Sanchit compared favorably to Henne or any other of the circle jerking fairy tales that get perpetuated there because it's not my business in the main forum. You can take a lesson from WhiteShoes Willie, your new moderator over there.

As far as creating my "clip art" that would amuse a 5 year old, I think you'd be surprised how much I'm earning simultaneously, while I'm doing that on my own time, not while foisting my propaganda 15 thousand times in an enemy's forum..while on some employer's payroll.

Back
Top Bottom