Jeff Ireland in a Positive Light | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland in a Positive Light

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
"What I can acknowledge is that we had a good trade partner in the Miami Dolphins and that [Dolphins GM] Jeff Ireland and I had a good conversation about all the facts he knew of the situation before the trade," Emery said. "I will acknowledge we were well aware of the situation.

"I'll also acknowledge we evaluated Brandon thoroughly before that. We had done our research. This came up toward the end of this process obviously. Jeff was very professional in his efforts to make sure that we knew everything that he knew of the situation. The rest of it we'll just have to follow through to its conclusion."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7691615/chicago-bears-contacted-nfl-brandon-marshall-incident

I'll say this, Jeff Ireland has taken a beating between this whole Peyton Manning ordeal and Free Agency, and you know what, when you miss on draft picks consistently and lose value on a trade for a WR like Brandon Marshall, in addition to being apart of 3 straight losing seasons and more than your fair share of FA busts . . . you definitely deserve your criticism. But it is refreshing to see that we conducted business with some class and that another GM went out his way to give the Miami Dolphins and Jeff Ireland some props. Obviously their organization is excited about the potential of a talent of Brandon Marshall and getting him at a price that could be well worth it if he stays out of trouble and builds that same rapport he used to have with Cutler ... but I'm glad we weren't seen as some swindlers and we were upfront with our intentions . . . that is how you start rebuilding your name as a first class organization in the NFL.

Eh, im still frustrated about the trade. However, marshall dropped so many touchdowns passes last year i dont even think its that big of a loss anymore. Davone bess catches better and hes our #3.

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm sure Ireland is grateful that Emery vouched for him being "upfront" and "professional" / ethical.

I wish there was a Gallup poll on Ireland's approval rating, but I'd say it's gaining a slight uptick heading into the draft.

It seems Jeff was trying to get a 1st rounder for BM, but with no takers, he essentially got a mid 2nd round pick (equivalent value of the two 3rd rounders) because of a drop of his value due to his off-the-field issues.

Glad he isn't overspending too much in FA too.

It doesn't stop there. Jeff Ireland is increasingly popular in the Artis Hicks family, and among all teams drafting closely behind us.

That's Chicago's way of sucking up to Ireland for they can bend him over again the next time he trades. I rather have Matt Millen over Ireland.

I'm glad to hear Ireland disclosed everything. It's still a **** trade.

Negotiations 101: after you make a deal, and the other party has nothing but glowing remarks to say about you, it means you most likely got shafted in the deal.

I hope ireland is fired after the draft..............all offseason we heared QB is our top FA priority and what............no QB and best WR send for nothing ? whaou...............great job

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7691615/chicago-bears-contacted-nfl-brandon-marshall-incident

I'll say this, Jeff Ireland has taken a beating between this whole Peyton Manning ordeal and Free Agency, and you know what, when you miss on draft picks consistently and lose value on a trade for a WR like Brandon Marshall, in addition to being apart of 3 straight losing seasons and more than your fair share of FA busts . . . you definitely deserve your criticism. But it is refreshing to see that we conducted business with some class and that another GM went out his way to give the Miami Dolphins and Jeff Ireland some props. Obviously their organization is excited about the potential of a talent of Brandon Marshall and getting him at a price that could be well worth it if he stays out of trouble and builds that same rapport he used to have with Cutler ... but I'm glad we weren't seen as some swindlers and we were upfront with our intentions . . . that is how you start rebuilding your name as a first class organization in the NFL.

Too bad the path is as long as the earth is round.

Back
Top Bottom