Jesse Davis gets it, so should you | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis gets it, so should you

I will admit that, as a fan, this is difficult. But it was also difficult in 1988, when with Marino in his prime and they finished 6-10. Or in 1995, when they were poised to rebound from the playoff loss to the Chargers. Or go waaaaayyyy back to 1976. Any franchise that’s been around for 50+ years is bound to have extreme peaks and valleys. This year is no different. All you can do is either live in hope or find something else to do. There’s no wrong choice.

If only players like Davis actually talented

He just signed an extension and isn’t very good. He has no choice but to get with the program, as he has nowhere else to go.

We all knew it wasn't going to be pretty this year. On draft week tho we'll all be happy to have the top pick in every round plus multiple picks in the first 3 rounds...........the one thing I'm worry about? Grier making the picks. So far he's not been good at it and please, I don't want to hear he drafted some starters. This is a bad team so players that are starting here would not be starting anywhere else for the most part.

Could he get it right? Maybe. Anything is possible but I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly. This rosters gonna look a lot different. O line wise at least
Hasn’t Grier been involved in all the OL moves since RT? Is he somehow magically going to now be able to put an OL together because he drafted a QB? What is this confidence based on? How do we know they even draft a QB since the Rosen trade?

This goes for the fans too

The problem with fans is that one side thinks we are tanking and the Dolphins are determined to take Tua with the 1st pick (which is entirely based on their wishful thinking). The other side side is disappointed because they thought we are still a possible playoff team.

Flores was pretty clear from the beginning on what this season's goals are: finding the right players to play in the right positions to build a foundation. They were aware that it may have losses as consequence but are determined to do everything to win games.

I subscribed to his philosophy because the approach is different from what we have done in the past. And the past did not work. Maybe that's why I was rather calm during and after the game last week and I stayed true to my philosophy never to leave a game early.

But here is the good news for you: talking to and sitting next to some fellow seasonticket holders and chatting with some of them after the game they are more patient and more calm than you could expect when you see that heap of trash posts here.

Our final record may end up 0-16 or 1-15 or 5-12 or whatever it will be. But the record will be a by-product of the changes to the system, philosophy and culture rather than an intentional tank or whatever people want to call it. It is a hard reset.

I am horrified about how some posters here have reacted. You know that an online fan base is totally ****ed up when those who advocated and cheered for a "tank" are now upset about a loss. A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter how these losses come about.
I counted about a handful of FH posters (not naming names but you know who you are) who can see what Flores/Grier are trying to do. Will it work? I have no idea. But it is well worth a try. But for most it is easier to just crap on Flores or Grier and the Dolphins in general.

Yesterday there was a great interview with Wilkins.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-13-2019-christian-wilkins

We all knew it wasn't going to be pretty this year. On draft week tho we'll all be happy to have the top pick in every round plus multiple picks in the first 3 rounds...........the one thing I'm worry about? Grier making the picks. So far he's not been good at it and please, I don't want to hear he drafted some starters. This is a bad team so players that are starting here would not be starting anywhere else for the most part.

Could he get it right? Maybe. Anything is possible but I'm not holding my breath.

So what is your opinion of the other people we added to the front office? Allen Hunt Mckenzie etc Do you think they may help? One of them was responsible for Preston- supposedly.

Hasn’t Grier been involved in all the OL moves since RT? Is he somehow magically going to now be able to put an OL together because he drafted a QB? What is this confidence based on? How do we know they even draft a QB since the Rosen trade?

I’m gonna bet anyone here miami plucks a qb with its top pick in 2020 to at least compete with rosen and adds at least 2 pieces to the oline in free agency this coming period.

Free agency is coming before the draft. They get the top pick they go shopping for protection for the qb they ride or die with in free agency as priority a. They could draft a piece with a high pick also on the o line.

It’s coming. That o line top 7 is getting an overhaul

So what is your opinion of the other people we added to the front office? Allen Hunt Mckenzie etc Do you think they may help? One of them was responsible for Preston- supposedly.
I like both Allen and Mckenzie and would be fine if Grier was gone and those two guys were in charge.

Not to totally defend Grier-I think maybe your swinging too far to one side, we don’t for sure who was responsible for what, no matter what we think we know.

Grier and crew are up now, all on him and his guys he hand picked.

I’m gonna bet anyone here miami plucks a qb with its top pick in 2020 to at least compete with rosen and adds at least 2 pieces to the oline in free agency this coming period.

Free agency is coming before the draft. They get the top pick they go shopping for protection for the qb they ride or die with in free agency as priority a. They could draft a piece with a high pick also on the o line.

It’s coming. That o line top 7 is getting an overhaul
Getting two starting O-line guys in free agency is totally the way to go and I'm really hoping for that. I';d try to get a guard and a center. Then draft an OT as those are hard to get in free agency. That'd be 3 guys to go along with Deiter and Davis.

I like both Allen and Mckenzie and would be fine if Grier was gone and those two guys were in charge.

I’m willing to see it through for minimum the next offseason, I may be in the minority. This may be our best chance to hit on a QB in a very long time- lets get it right.

I also don’t believe it will take 3 seasons or whatever to possibly turn our fortunes around. They (teams) can/have done it better, will they? Will see.

Back
Top Bottom