Jesse Davis gets it, so should you | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis gets it, so should you

[QUOTE="FaithfulFinFan,

Can Flores and Co. get this thing right? We will see. Have the Fins got it right in the last 30 years? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Let the insanity stop. I am all aboard with team-tank. Trade out the waterboy if you need to get this thing right.
[/QUOTE]

The one thing this organization has done consistently, with the short exception of the Johnson years, is draft poorly. It goes back to the early 80s, transcends coaching regimes and different ownership groups. Tanking and accumulating a bunch of high picks isn't going to fix the inability of this franchise to scout well and manage the roster. The Jags have drafted in top 10 10 of the last 11 years. Top 5 in 6 of 11. They're still awful! Browns have had 13 1st rd picks, 16 2d picks in last 7-years, a staggering number and they still stink.

Really a
[QUOTE="FaithfulFinFan,

Can Flores and Co. get this thing right? We will see. Have the Fins got it right in the last 30 years? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Let the insanity stop. I am all aboard with team-tank. Trade out the waterboy if you need to get this thing right.

The one thing this organization has done consistently, with the short exception of the Johnson years, is draft poorly. It goes back to the early 80s, transcends coaching regimes and different ownership groups. Tanking and accumulating a bunch of high picks isn't going to fix the inability of this franchise to scout well and manage the roster. The Jags have drafted in top 10 10 of the last 11 years. Top 5 in 6 of 11. They're still awful! Browns have had 13 1st rd picks, 16 2d picks in last 7-years, a staggering number and they still stink.
[/QUOTE]
Really Alex is the book already written on 2019 after week 1? I'd bet you a hundred dollars the browns make the playoffs this season.. they don't stink

Telling your teammates to stop bitching through the press, yeah that'll help...

The problem with fans is that one side thinks we are tanking and the Dolphins are determined to take Tua with the 1st pick (which is entirely based on their wishful thinking). The other side side is disappointed because they thought we are still a possible playoff team.

Flores was pretty clear from the beginning on what this season's goals are: finding the right players to play in the right positions to build a foundation. They were aware that it may have losses as consequence but are determined to do everything to win games.

I subscribed to his philosophy because the approach is different from what we have done in the past. And the past did not work. Maybe that's why I was rather calm during and after the game last week and I stayed true to my philosophy never to leave a game early.

But here is the good news for you: talking to and sitting next to some fellow seasonticket holders and chatting with some of them after the game they are more patient and more calm than you could expect when you see that heap of trash posts here.

Our final record may end up 0-16 or 1-15 or 5-12 or whatever it will be. But the record will be a by-product of the changes to the system, philosophy and culture rather than an intentional tank or whatever people want to call it. It is a hard reset.

I am horrified about how some posters here have reacted. You know that an online fan base is totally ****ed up when those who advocated and cheered for a "tank" are now upset about a loss. A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter how these losses come about.
I counted about a handful of FH posters (not naming names but you know who you are) who can see what Flores/Grier are trying to do. Will it work? I have no idea. But it is well worth a try. But for most it is easier to just crap on Flores or Grier and the Dolphins in general.

Yesterday there was a great interview with Wilkins.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-13-2019-christian-wilkins
I'm not upset about the loss. I'd like to get one win this year but even that doesn't matter much to me. What bothers me is one of the 2 or 3 players you retained to build around apparently wants out after one loss and has his mommy whining in the media for him. I see more of a coaching / FO issue seriously brewing and we are only 1 game into this thing. The season doesn't matter, but the future and whoever makes the decisions for the future does.

The whiners want a country club atmosphere. They don't want to work hard and they also want to dictate exactly what they want their role to be on the team. Those types of players have no business being in the NFL anywhere.

Not that it really matters to a Saints fan but just because Dolphins fans want Tua does not mean we will draft him or have to draft him.

Probably not after he makes it known that he won't play there. :lol: And I absolutely wouldn't put it past the Phins to opt not to draft him.

They don't stink at all, they only lost their opener by 30, at home, coming off a 7-win season, with a defense that ranked 26th last year. Their HC doesn't have all of 7 games experience as a coordinator, their OL isn't among the worst in the league and their secondary isn't similarly awful, please tell us more sir, since we all know how many additional wins OBJ, Olivier Vernon and Sheldon Richardson are worth.

Their next 8 opponents after the Jets on MNF are the Rams, @RAVENS, @Niners, Seahawks @Pats, @Broncos, Bills and Steelers. good luck with that prediction.

I agree it will probably be Jack Conklin. I don’t care what pff says me eyes tell me Oakland’s oline has taken an uptick since the brown addition. And I trust my eyes more than anything .
Between if this team throws money at Taylor decker I will have serious problem with it cause it’s always been nothing more than serviceable

Last edited:
Jesse Davis is willing to play anywhere on the O-line. He's a total team player & I'm sure that endears him to the coaching staff. That said, why extend him so early? Would Davis be a starter on a team with a good O-line? I really doubt that he would. 15M isn't all that much in today's game, but the previous regime made a mess out of our salary cap. You can't continue to overpay players, even if its 5M per year. I feel that they did just that in extending Davis. I hope he proves me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom