Jesse Davis gets it, so should you | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis gets it, so should you

i Think we are gonna see rosen start sooner than later too. He can’t flip anyone’s fortune as bad as this team talent wise is.

I don’t care about any int either on his 1st throw or whatever off of a route where jakeem never threatened tbe db vertically and was undercut and maybe came out a little late.

Who cares?

Davis is going exactly what I said in another thread would happen. Some lunch pail guys will step up as they are lucky to have this opportunity and they are the ones who will become coaches favorites and earn their trust. They will be around when things turn. The “O’Leary” types.

Getting two starting O-line guys in free agency is totally the way to go and I'm really hoping for that. I';d try to get a guard and a center. Then draft an OT as those are hard to get in free agency. That'd be 3 guys to go along with Deiter and Davis.

Right so you got the line somewhat remade and you get the QB and what do you do with the other top picks? You maybe trade one and possibly grab even more talent.

It can turn quickly..

I’m willing to see it through for minimum the next offseason, I may be in the minority. This may be our best chance to hit on a QB in a very long time- lets get it right.

I also don’t believe it will take 3 seasons or whatever to possibly turn our fortunes around. They (teams) can/have done it better, will they? Will see.
in order to turn this team around fast they need to hit on some free agents.....can't do it just with the draft

I’m gonna bet anyone here miami plucks a qb with its top pick in 2020 to at least compete with rosen and adds at least 2 pieces to the oline in free agency this coming period.

Free agency is coming before the draft. They get the top pick they go shopping for protection for the qb they ride or die with in free agency as priority a. They could draft a piece with a high pick also on the o line.

It’s coming. That o line top 7 is getting an overhaul

It's the most obvious of obvious I've seen Hoops

Right so you got the line somewhat remade and you get the QB and what do you do with the other top picks? You maybe trade one and possibly grab even more talent.

It can turn quickly..
well, if we go say Tua plus OT with the Houston pick......then in round two WR and DE........then round 3 you need a safety even if Minkah stays.

This goes for the fans too

The bitching doesn't really bother me from the press and the media. What gets me is the irrational calls or thoughts about the coaching staff and front office to be fired after 1 game of the TANK job. People complain about how inept the Dolphins have been. But they are asking for them to continue that type of behavior rather than having the Dolphins act so not like the Dolphins of the recent past and stick to a plan to its end.

I wish I knew who they want to get in here through the door. All I want is Tua and better offensive line play.

I’m gonna bet anyone here miami plucks a qb with its top pick in 2020 to at least compete with rosen and adds at least 2 pieces to the oline in free agency this coming period.

Free agency is coming before the draft. They get the top pick they go shopping for protection for the qb they ride or die with in free agency as priority a. They could draft a piece with a high pick also on the o line.

It’s coming. That o line top 7 is getting an overhaul
I don’t disagree with changes along the OL. My concern is the ability to get those changes done right. Hoops, you know they haven’t been able to field a decent OL here since Ricky Williams retired, and even he was calling them out after he retired. Certainly, they haven’t been able to do it over the last 8 years. I feel my skepticism is justified here.

well, if we go say Tua plus OT with the Houston pick......then in round two WR and DE........then round 3 you need a safety even if Minkah stays.

All Im saying I think it can be done and going into the season after 2 drafts lets say you will be looking at a completely different roster etx.

Yes they have to hit better on the draft and FA, of course but I think its worth it to set themselves up to give them a chance at it. That’s all Im saying.

I don’t disagree with changes along the OL. My concern is the ability to get those changes done right. Hoops, you know they haven’t been able to field a decent OL here since Ricky Williams retired, and even he was calling them out after he retired. Certainly, they haven’t been able to do it over the last 8 years. I feel my skepticism is justified here.

I think we are all a little skeptical- it’s wait and see, we have to actually wait and see though with this setup- unless you think Ross can convince other top tier FO people to come here with the setup they have awaiting on the plate.

I am not sure he can do that either.

Not to totally defend Grier-I think maybe your swinging too far to one side, we don’t for sure who was responsible for what, no matter what we think we know.

Grier and crew are up now, all on him and his guys he hand picked.
I will concede that I have less faith in Grier than many seem to have. I also concede that I don’t know how all the previous picks were made. But you have to admit the track record isn’t great. If Minkah goes and Gesicki fails, Grier really doesn’t seem as competent as I would like. They are remaking this franchise, they cannot afford to get it wrong. I hope Grier is capable.

I will concede that I have less faith in Grier than many seem to have. I also concede that I don’t know how all the previous picks were made. But you have to admit the track record isn’t great. If Minkah goes and Gesicki fails, Grier really doesn’t seem as competent as I would like. They are remaking this franchise, they cannot afford to get it wrong. I hope Grier is capable.

I think it’s actually the other way around, most are convinced Grier is terrible.

Got to get the right QB... it will do wonders, we have seen it over and over around the league.

All Im saying I think it can be done and going into the season after 2 drafts lets say you will be looking at a completely different roster etx.

Yes they have to hit better on the draft and FA, of course but I think its worth it to set themselves up to give them a chance at it. That’s all Im saying.
oh I'm agreeing with you. It can be done. We have tons of money and picks so if they're smart with that then I'd expect to have a contender by 2021......that's two years of free agency and two years of drafts.that can very easily be 12 to 15 new starters right there. In the next two drafts we have 11 picks combine in the first 3 rounds. Add a few free agents and yes, it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom