Jets get #4 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get #4 pick

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Jets Make Blockbuster Deal turn your sounds off and put on Teal sunglasses before clicking ;)

considering the Lions supposedly will go Rodgers and the Texans AJ who are they after :confused: unless they expect AJ or Rodgers to drop

:jetssuck:

Robertson was who the Bears supposedly wanted, but I guess it is a good DT draft and they can get one w/the Skins/Coles pick at 13

The only thing that is a little troubling...

is that if Dallas trades up as feared with the Texans to draft Robertson...that could leave the Jets with Andre Johnson...which I don't really like...still I think the Jets would have done better keeping the two first round picks...they are not one player away...

sorry but they just caught lightening in a bottle last year.

Texans and lions better go Johnson and Rogers respectively.... No joke... If the Jets get either one, They are more dangerous on offense than last year...

Originally posted by dolphan39
Jets Make Blockbuster Deal turn your sounds off and put on Teal sunglasses before clicking ;)

considering the Lions supposedly will go Rodgers and the Texans AJ who are they after :confused: unless they expect AJ or Rodgers to drop

:jetssuck:

Given where they are in this draft I'd rather have what they traded away. Not that big a difference IMO between the top picks inside 15.....losing the pick at 22 hurts them.

I don't think either Johnson or Rogers

will be better or more explosive than L. Coles first year in...but down the road...who knows.

My friend just sent me this in response

to the Jets trade...

"So Dewayne Robertson will be a Redskin in 2 years?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The only thing that is a little troubling...

Originally posted by RHoffman
still I think the Jets would have done better keeping the two first round picks...they are not one player away...

agree totally, adding 2 top notch prospects is a no brainer compared to landing 1 especially looking at the history of 1st rounders anyway. NO one is a guaranteed starter.
Unless of course, like you mentioned, you really feel you are just 1 player away and that prospect fits the mold your looking for to a tee.

Maybe their only concern was having to sign 2 first rounders and the cap implications it would have on them. If that's the case though I'd personally trade one of the picks to move down and pick up more top players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

This is a deep draft for talented prospects. With 2 #1'a trading 1 #1 pick for additional picks in the 2nd and 3rd could allow you to build a very talented 1/4 of your team in one draft.
God knows I'd love to see the Fins with 2 1st round picks and if they did, trading one of them is what I'd be rooting for.

I think the Jets bungled this..... which is a damn good thing! :D

Re: The only thing that is a little troubling...

Originally posted by RHoffman
is that if Dallas trades up as feared with the Texans to draft Robertson...that could leave the Jets with Andre Johnson

Agree there too.
Seeing another Cane in Jet puke green would be a crime.

people.....many draft experts are in agreance that there are 12 can't miss prospects in this draft......the jets were on the cusp of missing out on this crop and were going to get comparable players at 13 and 22.....this is a good move for them......if they get robertson then they get the BEST dlineman in the draft....this guy is a beast and will be HARD to block.....if they get a WR then we are in trouble as well....

either way i believ the jets only HELPED themselves and are going to get a DIFFERENCE maker, which they were not going to get at 13 or 22, in all likelyhood.....

this is BAD news for us....

I have seen Kentucky play ALOT...

i think Robertson is a fraud...now if they get Johnson I will change my tune a little bit...

besides this thing about their being 12 people in this draft...I just read that from Clayton...and I think its crap...its media generated spin...otherwise do you think the Bears would have really traded down...its about the players.

I think Kevin Williams will be better than Robertson anyway, and they could have had him at 13, and added a player like Sulliavan, Doss, or Henderson if he was to fall ....

good for us, because this move is not a good one for the Jests.

I agree...I really liked Sullivan...

and I had him kind of projected to the Jets...
can you imagine if they got him and Kelley Washington...
yikes.

Back
Top Bottom