Jets get #4 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get #4 pick

The Jets are in WIN_WIN situation now, the top 5 players on board who arent qb are all worth two ones, the dropoff after the top seven to nine players is very considerable.
Now Teaxan cant trade down and still get top notch wr, their hand is forced, jets will get an upifleid DT speed rush power man who will decimate block schmese on pull or trap plays and can get after the qb. Or they add the best speed wr in the draft. the Miami guy is too fast to guard on the line, he will blow by you and has enough weight and sixe to mucle the press. If you play off of him and he catches a slant indies of you with his his shoulders turned he gets 6. This guy best pure wr in there from speed aspect. Big enough to beat physical corners, fast enough to get seperation and make catches under the zone. jets either add the best DT for line stunst and upfield penetraiton, or the best pure speed wr to make teams keep a safety and cb off the line on the side of field he lines up at.

I'm thrilled the Jets made that deal, it's going to interesting who they choose with that pick.

Herman Edwards would like to take a pick for more defensive help, the Jets got shredded last year against the run, so the kid from U of K will be the pick he his big strong fast, a baby Sapp if you will...

then there is the case of the loss of Lav Coles it would be sweeeeeeet to see UM Grad Andre Johnson in JET Green

Pennington to Johnson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TD NEW YORK JETS !!!!!!!
that will be music to my ears if that is the case ...

Not good news...maybe the will go Secondary or LB. You never know.

From Ingtar bz
" the Bears have Ragone targeted in round 2. They will now take both a DE and DT... this isn't good for the Bills. (althought they would probably jump at Boss Bailey if he gets past the Rams...)"

you can name all the players that busted after being called can't miss.....but i bet you my list of can't miss prospects that have flourished is MANY times larger.....

it's a numbers game....the higher pick you have, the better chances of greatness....the 2 best players of this draft could be picked at #13 and 22.....but i doubt that happens......

what i'm saying is that it is more likely that a guy at #4 becomes a better player than a guy picked at 13......and especially 22......

i like the deal if i'm a jets' fan(thank God i'm not!!!!)......as a phin fan, i don't like it at all.....

we all know the draft is a game of chance......but i like my chances better where the jets are now then where they were......

p.s. draft experts get drilled on who they miss, but who gives them credit for ALL THE HITS they make on picks? if they are right it is "they should be, it is their job...." or "even i knew it was a good pick..." but when they get it wrong they are all "morons, idiots....." or "i could do their job just as well..." not the case(ok, maybe in a few positions...hahah)

i believe boomer has said the bears are targetting chris simms in rd. 2.....but rumors are running rampad that they are also looking at kyle boller at #13......who knows what they'll really do......doesn't really bother me who they take, but if they do take players the bills are targetting then i'm all for it!! hehe

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
doesn't really bother me who they take, but if they do take players the bills are targetting then i'm all for it!! hehe

Jerk :lol:

I do NOT think that the Jets are taking Dewayne Robertson with this pick. The reason they traded up is to get Andre Johnson. I think this means that the Texans must be on the verge of trading their pick to someone. I still think it's the Vikings who want to leapfrog Dallas and grab CB Terrence Newman but we shall see.

breck.........every report i have read states that the vikes want to get out of the top 10 so they don't have to spend a God-awful amount of money on a top-10 signing bonus.......moving up doesn't make sense financially for them......and to be honest it looks like mccombs is more concerned with dollars and cents then touchdowns and sacks.....

i think rogers-johnson go 2-3.........all other talk is just wishful thinking....but i could be wrong.....

The Jets can't get Andre Johnson, he is too tall to be a Jets WR.

So after the Lions take Rogers and the Texans take Johnson, who will the Jets take. Oh, the Jets get screwed again! :evil:

:jetssuck:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Jets can't get Andre Johnson, he is too tall to be a Jets WR.

So after the Lions take Rogers and the Texans take Johnson, who will the Jets take. Oh, the Jets get screwed again! :evil:

:jetssuck:

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by nyrican
I'm thrilled the Jets made that deal, it's going to interesting who they choose with that pick.

Herman Edwards would like to take a pick for more defensive help, the Jets got shredded last year against the run, so the kid from U of K will be the pick he his big strong fast, a baby Sapp if you will...

then there is the case of the loss of Lav Coles it would be sweeeeeeet to see UM Grad Andre Johnson in JET Green

Pennington to Johnson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TD NEW YORK JETS !!!!!!!
that will be music to my ears if that is the case ...

Damnit will you Flippin Jets stop taking my Canes??? first Moss now Andre!! c'mon enough is enough already, im tired of having to burn former Canes jerseys cause the Puke Greens keep drafting them :lol:

Originally posted by SuavePhin

Damnit will you Flippin Jets stop taking my Canes??? first Moss now Andre!! c'mon enough is enough already, im tired of having to burn former Canes jerseys cause the Puke Greens keep drafting them :lol:

The Jets did draft Moss and look how well that turned out.

Another Jet bonehead move. One player when they could have gotten two? I think there is no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Another Jet bonehead move. One player when they could have gotten two? I think there is no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL.

Yeah, there is no "sure thing" but for a team with as much talent as NY a pick like Dewayne Robertson is a huge need position and a huge talent, and Jet Fans don't have a "sure thing" but the odds are greatly in favor of them having one helluva DT now.

Back
Top Bottom