Jets get #4 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get #4 pick

ESPN is reporting that the Jets are after Johnathan Sullivan.

I'm glad the Jets made this trade. The Jets are notoriously known for scewing up 1st round picks. They picked up DE B. Thomas last year, and afterwards, all the Jets fans said he and DE J. Abraham would break the sack record in 2002....:lol: :lol: :lol:

DE B. Thomas never showed anything.....He was a huge bust.

They'll probably take D. Robertson at #4, and losing two very solid picks at {13 and 22} as a result, they'll be wishing they hadn't made this trade....

They only moved up 9 spots, and gave up two high picks, along with a conditional pick as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:cap:

i say they take Johnson since they lost coles. It will be very interesting!!!!

im glad the jet lost there 2 1st rounds b/c i was worried they wouldve drafted Bailey.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
ESPN is reporting that the Jets are after Johnathan Sullivan.

If that is true, this is getting funnier by the minute.

OMG .......... nice value.

I wonder if they are counting on...

Dallas trading up to three for Robertson there by having Johnson fall in their lap...but I think this just ensures that Houston won't make the trade down because I think that they really need Andre Johnson.

IMO a very smart move by the Jets. Everything I'm reading claims only 10-12 top notch players and after that it's interchangeable from 13-40.

Instead of gambling on two players (or one for that matter) that might work out, the Jets will now have their choice of Johnson, Robertson, or by far the best CB in Newman. Any of those three are a far safer bet than rolling the dice further on down.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
people.....many draft experts are in agreance that there are 12 can't miss prospects in this draft......the jets were on the cusp of missing out on this crop and were going to get comparable players at 13 and 22.....this is a good move for them......if they get robertson then they get the BEST dlineman in the draft....this guy is a beast and will be HARD to block.....if they get a WR then we are in trouble as well....

either way i believ the jets only HELPED themselves and are going to get a DIFFERENCE maker, which they were not going to get at 13 or 22, in all likelyhood.....

this is BAD news for us....

If what you are saying is true, and this draft offers the top 12 picks as "Can't miss Players" it would be the first time in NFL history that was the case. No way does this crop guarantee 12 for sure players in the top 12 picks IMO. The Jets should have waited and someone just as likely to star would have fallen to them...again, if not then it would be the first time in NFL history that wasnt the case. They'd have been better off keeping both picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK but if they get Johnson, I see it like this, they gave up Coles and their first round to get another receiver who will most likely need at least a half a season to get up to speed. So I don't see the gain in that deal. They could have kept Coles and still had thier first round pick, I realize the cap figures make a difference but even still.

dolfanmike.....there is always a cutoffline with the talent in the draft.....this is NOT a new phenomena.....every year i have followed the draft i have heard of the dropoff in talent after pick X......

they aren't saying that there will not be any good players after 12, just that the "top notch" talent is probobly 12 players deep....then the talent level drops off and as somebody else pointed out the players from 13-40 are similar.......of course their values are all slotted, but you aren't losing too much by trading fown after pick 13 or so.......but trading up seems to be beneficial.....

it is obviously not a number i made up.....

I'm a very unbiased Dolphin fan and the Jets have done a damn good job of trading up if they land Andre Johnson, the guy is a freak and will pose problems to us in the near future considering rokkie WR's don't blossom as quick but would an outstanding pick for the future... If the Jets choose Dewayne Robertson, or Jimmy Kennedy, thats a good upgrade...But selecting Sullivan is pretty stupid...they could of gotten him with the 13th pick... I doubt Herman Edwards will screw this up, he's a bright coach and hopefully he does screw up for the sake of my Phins..

HOORAH:drinker:

True

dolfanmike.....there is always a cutoffline with the talent in the draft.....this is NOT a new phenomena.....every year i have followed the draft i have heard of the dropoff in talent after pick X......

they aren't saying that there will not be any good players after 12, just that the "top notch" talent is probobly 12 players deep....then the talent level drops off and as somebody else pointed out the players from 13-40 are similar.......of course their values are all slotted, but you aren't losing too much by trading fown after pick 13 or so.......but trading up seems to be beneficial.....

it is obviously not a number i made up.....

I agree Bod......but those 12 players wont all be gone at 13, or for that matter maybe not even at 22. Guys like Randy Moss, Dan Marino, etc have fallen off every year on draft day. I think they blew an opportunity and will only make it worse when they make their pick.
Then again, it's always teams like the Jets that push those top 12 guys back by making lousy picks early!:lol:

I would like the deal more if they

got Johnson...bias aside...from the Jet's perspective...

I just don't think Robertson is worth it.

people.....many draft experts are in agreance that there are 12 can't miss prospects in this draft......

Come on Bod....

First off IMO draft "experts" are a contradiction in terms.
Albeit they spend hundreds of hours watching film and have as much an educated guess as you can have about how a player will do they are wrong about MANY players coming out of college.
There are NO CAN'T MISS players in any draft.

I bet this board could come up with two dozen can't miss players that never amounted to squat by the end of the day.

I'll start with 3 including 2 past "can't miss" DT

Dan Wilkinson DT Bengals Major bust of epic proportions that was "destined" for stardom

Ryan Leaf QB/brat

Gerard Warren Cle DT Many are mentioning him as a bust after being touted as a "sure thing". He was picked 3rd overall.

Hey their pick may turn out to be an all pro and a major difference maker but who knows..... That's my point, even the "experts" are wrong in the draft game all the time.

Besides, this is the Jets were talking about. The same team that not only passed over Dan Marino but their GM at the time threw in the comment that Marino would'nt make it in the league and that Todd Blackledge was a no brainer over him.

Hee Hee..... Blackledge could'nt even do game commentating well let alone playing QB in them.

Can't agree that the Jets made a good move here. IMO chances are that they'll wish they had kept the 2 choices or traded 1 to move down.

I like that they made this move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom