Jets/Raiders trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets/Raiders trade

Wow. I'm laughing pretty hard at the Jets on this one. That is funny. I never would have thought that to get from round 2 to round 1, all you'd have to give up is Doug Jolley. So the Raiders trade Buchanon and Jolley, and in return get a 1st and 3rd. Pretty amazing. I wish we could do that.

Interestingly enough, there was a rumor that the Jets might jump into the Surtain sweepstakes, and now they have the 2nd round pick that could trump the Chiefs to do it...

the jets have made goofy moves in the past also... remember 2 years ago they traded the 12th and 20 something pick for the #4 pick. and took That D-lineman. When they already have abraham, ellis, and ferguson

ckparrothead said:
Wow. I'm laughing pretty hard at the Jets on this one. That is funny. I never would have thought that to get from round 2 to round 1, all you'd have to give up is Doug Jolley. So the Raiders trade Buchanon and Jolley, and in return get a 1st and 3rd. Pretty amazing. I wish we could do that.

Interestingly enough, there was a rumor that the Jets might jump into the Surtain sweepstakes, and now they have the 2nd round pick that could trump the Chiefs to do it...

The Jets know Surtain, and CB is one of their biggest needs, though they dont seem to have the cap space and they are trying to get younger on their secondary, actually age was what got their secondary to be so poor.

Al Davis would just LOVE to undercut Petersen for surtian do they have the Cap room??

zeke0123 said:
Al Davis would just LOVE to undercut Petersen for surtian do they have the Cap room??
I've mentioned this on another thread a while back. If the Raiders can move Woodson and his $10.5 million cap number, they are very interested in obtaining both Law and Surtain.

ckparrothead said:

You don't think it would cost the Jets more than just a 2nd for Surtain since they're a rival? I know it's just a rumor but if it did become real I think Saban would want more.

And I thought Wanny went to Pittsburgh University. I guess he went to the Jets instead.

Raiders are starting to scare me...when did they decide to get smart??

Great move Jets, now once Pennington goes down, look forward to watching Jay bomb TD's to Doug Jolley. :D

Another great trade for the Raiders, the offseason they're having is blowing me away.

I havent had a good laugh like that all day. Jolley, decent TE at best and Texans 2nd round pick to move up into the first. The Redskins paid more and are one sopt ahead. I love watching the Jets get screwed and when the screw up. Good stuff.

finresurrection said:
amazing how easily the Raiders are making trades this off-season and we can't seem to get a handle on one. perhaps we need to find a different trading partner other than Minn or TB? Surtain to the Raiders for their other #2 sounds good to me.

It's easy to see why. Miami's trying to trade a player with a huge
one year salary left who wants a huge bonus. They also want to trade down which means a team has to give up several picks and pay the #2 pick.
The raiders meanwhile have traded two players with low salaries, with
multiple years left.

His Dudeness said:
the jets have made goofy moves in the past also... remember 2 years ago they traded the 12th and 20 something pick for the #4 pick. and took That D-lineman. When they already have abraham, ellis, and ferguson
Yeah and the guy turned into a total BUST! :roflmao:
maybe Speilman is doing some consulting for the jets :eek: :shakeno: FIRE SPEILMAN :yell:

Back
Top Bottom