Jets/Raiders trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets/Raiders trade

SkapePhin said:
Now I am seeing alot of posters on ganggreen coming in favor of this trade.. Whats going on??? Some of them like it!?

They're Jet fans... :confused2 :chuckle: :rofl4: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

painnotpleasure said:
They're Jet fans... :confused2 :chuckle: :rofl4: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Unfortunately you could say the same about how we felt after the Eagles ripped us on the A.J. trade. No matter how much you like A.J., you have to admit we paid way too much for him considering Henson was a higher value at the time and he went for a 3rd.

Jaj said:
Unfortunately you could say the same about how we felt after the Eagles ripped us on the A.J. trade. No matter how much you like A.J., you have to admit we paid way too much for him considering Henson was a higher value at the time and he went for a 3rd.
Yep, it's just great that it's happen to someone else, especially when that team is the jets.:D

WARNING: Who ever calls Greasy AL about trading for Woodson. Strap a metal plate across your butt before you pickup the phone.

~The old man can still have you bent over a stump before you know it

I am really going to miss ESPN's cameras sweeping the crowd at the Javits Convention Center and watching JETS fans Booing their 1st round draft pick this year.:roflmao: . This is almost as good as collecting more draft picks.:jetssuck:

Doug Jolley isn't bad, but look at it this way. They have Teyo Johnson at TE, Moss, Curry, Porter, Garbriel at WR, Lamont Jordan, My man Zach C, and Rob Konrad, all offensive tools, they get Randy Moss, and still have picks in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd. And talk about the cheap way out, they Jets don't have the huge salary cap hit on a 26th pick, they could have had Heath Miller or Matt Jones. I don't know. I just hope we stay smart, and finally, finally, do something right.

Jaj said:

It could actually turn out to be a worse trade depending on how AJ does this year.

Raiders trading their 2nd for surtain makes sense, turner is the coach and he knows how good surtain is. They very well may be a year or less away from making a good superbowl run

"And with their first pick of the 2005 NFL draft the Jets select.....TE Doug Jolley???"

:roflmao:

doug jolley was very solid in his rookie year. i wondered what happened.lets hope he doesnt regain form

:shakeno: heres my complaint.....if Doug freakin Jolley is worth a FIRST ROUND PICK..... what the heck is Surtain worth?

Fins05:NewHope said:
:shakeno: heres my complaint.....if Doug freakin Jolley is worth a FIRST ROUND PICK..... what the heck is Surtain worth?

you forgot the #2 they got. jolley wasnt the focal point of the trade.

It's still a steal for the Raiders...

the Raiders moved up 21 spots for Doug Jolley...think about that.

I don't know, I think Washington overpayed for their move up. My brother in law is a huge Raider fan and he is kind of bummed about losing Jolley. He is a great receiver but blocking is an issue. I just don't see who is going to play defense for the Raiders. They have literally no one to play linebacker or DB with any type of decency.

The Jets got themselves another receiver along with Coles and McCareins. They have some weapons but Mrtin is another year older and Pennington seems to have hit a wall. I think this goes sligthyl in the Raiders favor, but not by much.

MelbournePhin said:
doug jolley was very solid in his rookie year. i wondered what happened.lets hope he doesnt regain form
Both Jolley and Teyo Johnson lost their starting jobs to Courtney Anderson, a rookie drafted in the 7th round.

Both Jolley and Teyo were expendable, but I guess Jolley had a higher market value based on his play as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom