Jets working out David Garrard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets working out David Garrard

Cassell, Quinn and now Garrard? Yeah they're really trying their hardest to change the jersey# on Rex's ridiculous tat. Well on the other hand, probably if finally healthy Garrard might well be their next starter. :idk:

Cassell, Quinn and now Garrard? Yeah they're really trying their hardest to change the jersey# on Rex's ridiculous tat. Well on the other hand, probably if finally healthy Garrard might well be their next starter. :idk:
Unless he collects his signing bonus then has another mysterious injury. The best thing that happened for the Dolphins last year was him getting injured.

What's wrong w/ Garrard? he was going to be your starter last year. He's a decent backup candidate.

No he wouldn't but he'd give us a quality backup and someone to push mark though Mark would beat him out.

No he wouldn't but he'd give us a quality backup and someone to push mark though Mark would beat him out.

You need to accept the truth man. If Sanchez was as good as you (and only you it seems) think he is, they wouldn't be bringing in quarterbacks to push him at all. Even though it was a major bust, that was the whole point of bringing in Tebow.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

chuckle-1.gif

You need to accept the truth man. If Sanchez was as good as you (and only you it seems) think he is, they wouldn't be bringing in quarterbacks to push him at all. Even though it was a major bust, that was the whole point of bringing in Tebow.

Tebow wasn't brought in as a QB, you would think a season of never playing QB would convince you guys? They played Greg McElroy over him.

Garrard is gonna pull the same stunt with the Jets and 'need surgery' before he has to take any contact.

What's wrong w/ Garrard? he was going to be your starter last year. He's a decent backup candidate.

Erm the fact he never managed to even play a single snap after his comeback from his injury in Jacksonville?

Decent player but his career is as good as over.

When the Jets initially signed him, the general sensuous was that he was brought in as a quarterback to push Sanchez.

When the Jets initially signed him, the general sensuous was that he was brought in as a quarterback to push Sanchez.

That was wrong, that was pure speculation. I told you guys at the time, I told you all offseason but you wanted to believe what you wanted to believe. If they wanted him to push Mark as a QB they wouldn't have had him bulk up to 250 lbs. At no point was he a threat to Sanchez.

Updating an earlier item, free agent QB David Garrard "anticipates putting a deal together" with the Jets, while a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter "both sides are feeling good" about a potential deal.
Garrard would provide cheap, experienced competition for fading "franchise quarterback" Mark Sanchez, but hasn't attempted a regular-season pass in 795 days. He turned 34 in February. Throw in his history of back issues, and it's highly unlikely Garrard would be able to hold down the fort in 2013 if he won the Jets' camp competition. He's at least an improvement on Mark Brunell and Tim Tebow. According to USA Today's Mike Garofolo, Garrard "has some interest elsewhere."
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256687/report-jets-garrard-expected-to-reach-deal
dwightshrutecelebrating_medium-1.gif

anchormangif-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom