Jets working out David Garrard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets working out David Garrard

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/256687/report-jets-garrard-expected-to-reach-deal
dwightshrutecelebrating_medium-1.gif

anchormangif-1.gif

Don't you know thing? Opinions from analysts and experts don't count when it comes to the Jets.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Dont know what the excitement over the jets getting garrard is. Im perfectly happy with them starting Sanchez again. A healthy Garrard, while nothing special, is still a superior qb to sanchez.

Let them go into next season with Sanchez, quinn and mcelroy as their qb corps.

What's wrong w/ Garrard? he was going to be your starter last year. He's a decent backup candidate.
Just fragile but if he stays healthy he is the best QB on the Jets and will be the starter.

Dont know what the excitement over the jets getting garrard is. Im perfectly happy with them starting Sanchez again. A healthy Garrard, while nothing special, is still a superior qb to sanchez.

Let them go into next season with Sanchez, quinn and mcelroy as their qb corps.

I'm with you...that line up makes the rest of the AFCE much better. It's gonna be a fun year watching sancez under center:3w:

That was wrong, that was pure speculation. I told you guys at the time, I told you all offseason but you wanted to believe what you wanted to believe. If they wanted him to push Mark as a QB they wouldn't have had him bulk up to 250 lbs. At no point was he a threat to Sanchez.

Sanchez's only threat was himself which was evident in being benched during the year.

What's wrong w/ Garrard? he was going to be your starter last year. He's a decent backup candidate.

He's a decent candidate to be your backup car driver or 2nd gunman if you were pulling a bank heist.

Garrard was the "starter" two weeks into training camp and before any of the four preseason games were played. Doesn't mean that he was definitely going to be the Week 1 starter in the regular season. Tannehill was 3rd on the depth chart when Garrard got hurt, but over the next four weeks worked his way into the starting role. It is very likely that Tannehill would have passed Garrard if he was still healthy.

There is no guarantee he will start in New York, but he might be the best option in relation to Sanchez.

Garrard was the "starter" two weeks into training camp and before any of the four preseason games were played. Doesn't mean that he was definitely going to be the Week 1 starter in the regular season. Tannehill was 3rd on the depth chart when Garrard got hurt, but over the next four weeks worked his way into the starting role. It is very likely that Tannehill would have passed Garrard if he was still healthy.

There is no guarantee he will start in New York, but he might be the best option in relation to Sanchez.

Garrard was starting for you and mark will easily beat out him out if we sign him.

Garrard was starting for you and mark will easily beat out him out if we sign him.

For one preseason game. Thats fact not opinion, he topped the chart for one game he was not the starter.

The idea if Sanchez easily beating out any QB is rather amusing. Are you the only Jets fan who still supports Sanchez? Serious question.

Garrard was the starter based on..........?

Unlike how the Jets proclaimed Sanchez their starter before he even took a preseason snap his rookie year, the Dolphins never named a starter last season until week 3 of the pre season. Tannehill's play improved markedly from the first day of camp and he passed Matt Moore to win the job. I think it is a safe assumption that Garrard would have been cut because he was not going to start.

If a healthy Garrard could beat out Moore (a notoriously slow TC'er) who presently just happens to be the 3rd best divisional QB - for anyone who doesn't think he could beat out* The Buttfumbler in a fair competition, I've got a shiny bridge in B'klyn, I can sell you cheap!

*a competition where an in-over-his-head offensively clueless (in every meaning of the word) lame duck HC with a tat of Buttchez's jersey on his arm gets overruled by Morningwood and Itzdick - 2 seemingly more grounded and objective football guys.

For one preseason game. Thats fact not opinion, he topped the chart for one game he was not the starter.

The idea if Sanchez easily beating out any QB is rather amusing. Are you the only Jets fan who still supports Sanchez? Serious question.

He was going to be your starter.

mark would beat out all of the guys mentioned as possible candidates- Moore, Garrard, Quinn, Campbell, ... all things would be equal, he wouldn't be throwing to Chaz Schilens while another QB is throwing to and handing off to better talent.

Garrard was the starter based on..........?

Unlike how the Jets proclaimed Sanchez their starter before he even took a preseason snap his rookie year, the Dolphins never named a starter last season until week 3 of the pre season. Tannehill's play improved markedly from the first day of camp and he passed Matt Moore to win the job. I think it is a safe assumption that Garrard would have been cut because he was not going to start.

based on every report out of Miami.

Actually, Mark wasn't officialy named the starter until week 3 of preseason in 2009.

Tannehill didn't do anything, they were more underwhelmed w/ Matt Moore.

Sanchez didn't do anything in preseason...yet they were more underwhelmed by Tebow... yet he still started cause they traded away Stanton. Go figure :idk:

He was going to be your starter.mark would beat out all of the guys mentioned as possible candidates- Moore, Garrard, Quinn, Campbell, ... all things would be equal, he wouldn't be throwing to Chaz Schilens while another QB is throwing to and handing off to better talent.based on every report out of Miami.Actually, Mark wasn't officialy named the starter until week 3 of preseason in 2009.Tannehill didn't do anything, they were more underwhelmed w/ Matt Moore.
The first team snaps were shared and it was declared an open competition prior to and during camp. Garrard got hurt on Aug 11 knocking him out and it was between Moore and Tannehill. Tannehill was named starter on 21 Aug. Sanchez took snaps with the first teamers in PS games 1 and 2 then was officially announced after practice on 26 Aug prior to game 3.

Nifty little play on words that Tannehill was given the job because of a lack of competition yet you will try and tell me how Sanchez won the job instead of reminding everyone his competition was Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge, and Chris Pizzotti. How impressive is that level of competition? Talk about a coaching staff being underwhelmed.

I should have known better then to try and have an objective conversation with you because you still continue to try and paint pictures to fit your agenda instead of engaging in an intelligent and unbiased dialogue.

Go ahead and take a stab with the last word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom