Jim Rome, Moron | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Rome, Moron

LAphinfan said:
I'm with you Slappy. Rome is OK when his ego is in check (which is rarely), but the truth is his ego is out of control. He is about due for another beat down. Here are some possible scenarios:

1. JR repeatedly refers to super rookie Channing Crowder as "Carol Channing Crowder" during an interview. Crowder then applies a liberal amount of baby powder to his gloved hand and bi$%# slaps Rome so hard he cries.

2. JR blithely calls Shaq "Shaky Oneal" then accuses him of "obviously faking a thigh injury during the NBA playoffs." Oneal laughs it off the first time, then, when Rome insists on calling him out, Shaq palms Romey by the head and slam dunks him into the nearest waste basket while he calmly says into the camera, "Interview over."

3. After calling retired hockey enforcer Marty McSorley "M & M", Rome questions the exact nature of McSorley's relationship with Gretzky when the two played together. McSorley proceeds to pull Jim Rome's black Armani sweater over his head and pound him until Rome deliriously admits that Canada rules.

:roflmao:

Any of these scenarios are possible and would do the trick. Expect Rome to hire the entire staff of bouncers from Jerry Springer to stand next to him during all future interviews. What do the rest of you think?

Now that is some funny stuff. Good ideas all three. :lol: :lol:
I don't know though about him hiring the Springer bouncers, he'd probably make some smart azz comment toward the big guy with the shaved head, who would then decide to slap Rome around himself.

OrangeCrush said:
Dude, we are talking about 2 different things. No1 says, like Jim Rome. Jim Rome to me is as bad as Salisburry. If Mortensen or Clayton would say the same thing, which both have similar oppinions concerning the RW situation, would it also seem idiotic? No, it wouldn't. B/c what Jim Rome has said about RW holds weight, and is a poppular oppinion.

What he said does not hold wieght and is by far very ignorant. Our season will not torpedo.

The fact is we have Ronnie Brown.

The only reason anyone can say that our season was lost last year because of Ricky is because our gameplan was built around Ricky.

This year he will just be a piece of the puzzle and not the main factor.

If Ricky quits we still have Ronnie Brown.

Ricky will not be a distraction and it is more gain then risk to take him back.

The only thing MIami stands to lose is cap space of 2-3 million.

Those that say that you can;t trsut Ricky have valid comments. BUt when you are an idiot like Rome and state you risk your season torpedoing and worrying about how the Phins will manage if he does quit again have not been following the Phins recently.

Boston and Williams are simply low risk very high gain potential players. Plain and simple.

Corey Dillon quit on Cinncinatti

The Patriots seem very happy and content with him.

Some of you overplay the quitting aspect

Do some of you even remember that before he retired he stated and told Wanny that if he didn't get used as much and if they reworked his contract he wouldn't retire?

GRYPHONK said:
What he said does not hold wieght and is by far very ignorant. Our season will not torpedo.

The fact is we have Ronnie Brown.

The only reason anyone can say that our season was lost last year because of Ricky is because our gameplan was built around Ricky.

This year he will just be a piece of the puzzle and not the main factor.

If Ricky quits we still have Ronnie Brown.

Ricky will not be a distraction and it is more gain then risk to take him back.

The only thing MIami stands to lose is cap space of 2-3 million.

Those that say that you can;t trsut Ricky have valid comments. BUt when you are an idiot like Rome and state you risk your season torpedoing and worrying about how the Phins will manage if he does quit again have not been following the Phins recently.

Boston and Williams are simply low risk very high gain potential players. Plain and simple.
Thank you, you said in words what I was trying to get across but I couldn't. We still have Ronnie if Ricky retires and wouldn't trust Ricky anyway. There is NO reason to trade Ronnie. ( I am talking about the trade Ronnie thread.)

GRYPHONK said:
Corey Dillon quit on Cinncinatti

The Patriots seem very happy and content with him.

Some of you overplay the quitting aspect

Do some of you even remember that before he retired he stated and told Wanny that if he didn't get used as much and if they reworked his contract he wouldn't retire?

Really Dillon quit a week before training camp one year for the Bengals to go live in a tent to smoke weed in India?

I never knew that.

I'm sorry but I love Rome's commentary. Sometimes I dont agree with his opinions (key word. everyone has one), the man can be flat out comical when he says whats on his mind(Jim "Chris" Everett a prime example). If you dont like him, respect him for saying things that no other person on tv will say.

ohall said:
Really Dillon quit a week before training camp one year for the Bengals to go live in a tent to smoke weed in India?

I never knew that.

Whether you quit in training camp or you quit in midseason because the other RB on the team is out playing you it makes no difference.

Ask Marv Lewis and the Bengals if Dillon quit on them.

Marv Lewis stated publically that Dillon had quit on the team.

One quit because he wanted to smoke weed. We still managed to make a trade to get a RB.

The other quit because he was a cry baby and a sore loser.

There is really no difference.

If you are gonna be sarcastic come up with something better :tongue:

DolfanInSoCal said:
I'm sorry but I love Rome's commentary. Sometimes I dont agree with his opinions (key word. everyone has one), the man can be flat out comical when he says whats on his mind(Jim "Chris" Everett a prime example). If you dont like him, respect him for saying things that no other person on tv will say.

The problem is that he isn't original. He just regurgitates and simply paraphrases what everyone else is saying.

The only thing I respect him for is when he calls out athletes on certain issues.

GRYPHONK said:
Whether you quit in training camp or you quit in midseason because the other RB on the team is out playing you it makes no difference.

Ask Marv Lewis and the Bengals if Dillon quit on them.

Marv Lewis stated publically that Dillon had quit on the team.

One quit because he wanted to smoke weed. We still managed to make a trade to get a RB.

The other quit because he was a cry baby and a sore loser.

There is really no difference.

If you are gonna be sarcastic come up with something better :tongue:

Well any way there is a huge difference. And you totally ignored the reason why Ricky quit. He didn't want to deal with his drug addiction and consequence suspension in public. I forgot again, Dillion quit a week before training camp to retire to smoke pot in India while running away from public scrutiny to his obvious drug addiction and suspension due to pot.

Now I'm sure you post something else that will excuse and sugar coat his actions.

ohall said:
to his obvious drug addiction

"Drug addiction"...... :shakeno:

He may have got caught smoking weed and was not man enough to "face the music".....

But to refer to him in the same light as a rational person would refer to a "crack head" is misleading at best.

HVACservice said:
"Drug addiction"...... :shakeno:

He may have got caught smoking weed and was not man enough to "face the music".....

But to refer to him in the same light as a rational person would refer to a "crack head" is misleading at best.

I suggest anyone that quits a job that pays him multi millons of dollars to go smoke pot is without a doubt addicted to pot.

What he did is a classic move an addict would make. For goodness sakes ppl lose their minds and great jobs over alcohol.

HVACservice said:
I suggest that you are assuming alot.

As far as I know Ricky tested positive for using pot several times by the NFL. He said on the record he quit to smoke pot whenever he wanted to, he was tired of hiding it. He quit a job that paid him big $.

Assumptions, where?

M359 said:
On his show he was talking about Ricky and he said "Is there a bigger gamble right now then Ricky Williams, and you want to bring him back. Why? So he can torpido another season"
I don't understand why he thinks that if Ricky came back and then quit on us again we would have another bad season. If he quit again then it wouldn't be bad at all because we didn't expect him back anyway.
I have to agree with Rome on this one. I find his show obnoxious, trite and boring, but he is speaking the truth on this issue. A lot of fans are willing to overlook Ricky's history but I am not. Not because of bitterness, but because I feel that he could cause more harm to the organisation than good. I've posted this opinion several times, so suffice it to say, that I feel the potential risk is greater than the potential reward.

Back
Top Bottom